***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Gave him the

chapelle-dave-chappelle.gif

When employers publicly complain about worker shortages, this is one of a few outcomes that they are seeking.

When employers complain about staffing shortages, they want one of three outcomes in order to staff up without having to significantly raise wages.

Sometimes, the employers are trying to get immigrants whom they can control with the threat of deportation. In that case, they can pay lower wages than they could pay workers who cannot be threatened with deportation.

Other times, employers want a further reduction in the social safety net to better leverage the threat of hunger and homelessness against workers who are currently holding out for better pay and/or working conditions.

Employers want the government to ease up on minimum qualifications and/safety standards. Employers want to be able to hire workers who are not as well trained as current law allows. That or be given the option to work their existing workforce longer hours or spread even thinner than before. This usually applies to transportation and shipping or it applies to medicine, education, and other care work. In either case, the job becomes less safe for workers and the general public is put in more danger of trucks crashing, planes crashing, patients bring more likely to die due to human error, or school kids getting a subpar education because their teacher is gung ho kid right out of undergrad with no meaningful teacher training.

Obviously, the outcome that employers, who publicly complain about staffing shortages, do not want is to pay higher wages. For those at the commanding heights of capital, market forces exist to discipline workers and not to actually reward workers for having unique or otherwise sought after skills.

I'm sure that number has grown though seeing that there are around 390 million guns in the US now :smh: Plus seeing that gun sales are up, that number could be 500 million in no time.
Screenshot_20220601-124641.png
When I look at how the Ukrainian crisis has unfolded, and how Ukrainians couldn't handle a modernized soviet-era military with small arms and had to rely on foreign military aid, all I can conclude from the gun buying spree that is happening in this country is that Americans really, really hate each other.

I'm at the point where I'm working towards getting out of here earlier than I planned. Rwanda showed us what happens when neighbors have had enough of one another, and I'm not trying to get caught in the middle

I know I said I would never step foot in one, but I am going to do the same. if enough of us do the same, it'll put them out of business and trump will be president again.

Exactly, when you buy somebodies product and throw it in the trash it hurts them. Do you know how much Nike stuff I’ve bought and burnt this year? Like 89 dollars worth.

Also trump is still president. He never conceded.

Starting to think for some conservatives their issue is not that schools get shot up. It is most of the victims are the students

If teachers were mainly getting killed, they might see that as a net positive

Home schooling then and kids can only see their parents perspective. Yep.

Do these people really wanna home school their kids though?

Seems like something that sounds better in theory.

Their kids will just become isolated and rebellious.

It will be disaster. But theyre too blinded by hate to see it.

Instead of giving their kids an opportunity for a real public and free education, to understand real history, meet people from all walks of life, and hopefully become better and more rounded people…

They will rather sabotage public schools all together, to maintain racism and a false sense of moral comfort and fake superiority.

Back
Top Bottom