***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Like imagine a couple hours after Republican appointed judges overturn abortions rights. And the Democratic appointed judges dissent.

Someone thinks a both sides hot take makes sense

:smh: :lol:
America just rolled back a right granted 50 years ago. Crazy, think about what the country was like 50 years ago, and people with a complete lack of awareness want to pick this stage for their look at me moment.

I neither said, implied, suggested, or otherwise hinted at anything even remotely close to that.

-foe

You seem to think the democratic party is bad.
So my assumption is you want them replaced.

Given that they are 1 half of the American two party system, replacing them means a new two party (or more system) no?

Yeah, dems should just keep it 100. Not fear monger but just keep it real. Narrow in your focus on a few key things and try and get that done.

Just focus on the most important stuff like freedom and minority rule.

Really drive the point home about who is running this country and how few people they actually represent.
Alot of Republicans already feel like a minority and with the white replacement theory ****?

Mitch and co. gonna be talking about how the POCLGBTQ+ voltron is out to wipe out their culture :lol: :smh:

Their fake fear always seems to resonate alot harder than the real ones :smh:

I'm tired of believing man. Been believing for too long in what I expect other ppl to do and see.

I'll continue to stay engaged and participate in the process because there's always going to be something to stand up for but yeah I have no faith in people anymore man. Not here

Don't give up fam. Imagine what it was like living through slavery, Jim Crow, pre sufferage, WW2 internment camps, etc, we've been here before. Good people just need to keep pushing and keep trying.

Alot of Republicans already feel like a minority and with the white replacement theory ****?

Mitch and co. gonna be talking about how the POCLGBTQ+ voltron is out to wipe out their culture :lol: :smh:

Their fake fear always seems to resonate alot harder than the real ones :smh:

If wish they would replace them. Their culture is trash. :lol:

America is gonna go through a brain drain too. Less people will move here and people will start to leave.

If you’re a smart person looking to move somewhere why would you pick here?

Libertarian, for one. Green is another. Politicians under Independent encompass multiple non-red/blue/green/Libertarian politicians who also largely support a woman's right to choose.

And now the laugh reactions...

-foe
Libertarians?! You want to replace Dems with LIBERTARIANS?!!!?!!?!?
Or the Green party, yeah they can be taken seriously. Cmon Ska.

Libertarian, for one. Green is another. Politicians under Independent encompass multiple non-red/blue/green/Libertarian politicians who also largely support a woman's right to choose.

-foe
Me and osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh been bickering on NT for days

But I got a feeling we will be united at rolling our eyes at this sentence

Thank you for this famb.

I wholeheartedly agree with someone being honest about what they can actually get done. It's only gonna bite you in the *** if you get elected and can't keep your promises.

Historically speaking, the American people have always loved it when their tax dollars were being spent on actual Americans. Look at how popular FDR was. Problem is those programs only benefited one specific group of people by and large.

It's funny when I hear someone say America is too diverse for social programs that work in Eurpoe to work here. What they really mean is white people aren't willing to see their tax dollars benefit everyone else alongside themselves.

You seem to think the democratic party is bad.
So my assumption is you want them replaced.

Given that they are 1 half of the American two party system, replacing them means a new two party (or more system) no?
Correct.

Half of what people THINK are the only 2 parties in the country because, yes, they are the 2 dominant parties. It would be incomplete to say I want the Democratic Party replaced. I want the entire 2-party system replaced.

-foe

-foe

So you think if the left flank broke off from the democratic party and voted for the green party

That would result in protection for abortion rights?

Whatever that means.

Serious question: why quote someone in a serious discussion of you have no intention of actually processing and responding? Seems an incredible waste of time & energy.

-foe
You are not being serious though

There are clear differences between the parties on abortion rights, you ignore that.

You suggest third party voting ignoring that a) people don't agree with those parties entire platform on the same level they do Dems. And most importantly, voting for them at best puts us in the exact situation and at worse splits the vote so the GOP, the anti abortion rights party gets more power. Maybe enough to ban abortion everywhere

You may think your post are serious, but to anyone that follows politics they sound ridiculous.

And if someone dares point that out, you take offense. You value people being nice to you over put forward ideas that make sense.

If wish they would replace them. Their culture is trash. :lol:

America is gonna go through a brain drain too. Less people will move here and people will start to leave.

If you’re a smart person looking to move somewhere why would you pick here?
Cause it's still by far the easiest country to make money in. That's about all I've got :lol:

You want to replace Dems with LIBERTARIANS?!!!?!!?!?
Who said replace? You guys keep using this word replace when I never said said that. Have you guys even been following the conversations I'm in? Someone asked what other parties support a woman's right to choose. Nothing about that answer involved replacing anything. You guys are taking pieces of what you're reading and placing words where they never were, then laughing at what want ever said.

On brand for most political discussion, though, so I get it.

-foe

Correct.

Half of what people THINK are the only 2 parties in the country because, yes, they are the 2 dominant parties. It would be incomplete to say I want the Democratic Party replaced. I want the entire 2-party system replaced.

-foe

I think you are honestly confused about where the political center of gravity is in america.

The republicans are the more homogeneous party and more geographically efficient.

So any fracturing of the political parties would benefit Republicans.

And today's outcome would likely be worse.

Back
Top Bottom