***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Portugal is that easy to get into?

Thought about Oregon. Know some people who moved to Oregon. They tell me small towns there ain't much different than small towns here (TX).

Last edited:
Yea this **** really complicated my life. I hoped to move like to Florida or something but now that’s a no go. Like Virginia or potentially North Carolina might work depending what they do but like it sucks because all these southern warmer states are run by MAGAs

You got Vegas if you can deal with the desert. That’s all I can think of besides California for nice weather.

You got Vegas if you can deal with the desert. That’s all I can think of besides California for nice weather.
Cali and the southwest just isn’t an option for me. Those areas are going to have water issues within 10 years. I feel like those areas are going to have some serious real estate issues when those house values drop. Plus those areas are just stupid hot.

Portugal is that easy to get into?

Thought about Oregon. Know some people who moved Oregon. They tell me small towns there ain't much different than small towns here (TX).

Yes, Portugal is easy. Also if you got some European grandparents or something some countries will give you citizenship by descent.

Your friend isn’t wrong but I love Oregon. Same could be said about any small town. Any town out of the Minneapolis metro area is trumped out to the max except Duluth.

Cali and the southwest just isn’t an option for me. Those areas are going to have water issues within 10 years. I feel like those areas are going to have some serious real estate issues when those house values drop. Plus those areas are just stupid hot.

Hell yeah they will. :lol:

That’s why I took back wanting to move to vegas. The water and the property there is dumb expensive now but they have the most volatile market it could easily tank.

You ever thought of Hawaii? Idk what you want to spend but kauai is amazing.

Hell yeah they will. :lol:

That’s why I took back wanting to move to vegas. The water and the property there is dumb expensive now but they have the most volatile market it could easily tank.

You ever thought of Hawaii? Idk what you want to spend but kauai is amazing.

Hawaii does sound tempting no lie 😂

I didn’t look at the RE market there though but you now have me curious. I am lucky enough to do better than most people financially and I can do my work remotely so that would make it quite interesting.

Hawaii does sound tempting no lie 😂

I didn’t look at the RE market there though but you now have me curious.

RE is weird there. I found some decent houses for 700k. Probably a lot more now…

BUT I was finding places to rent that were nicer and cheaper than my spot in Minneapolis.

Wife and I are looking to move out of Texas. wife had a lateral job opportunity in Colorado. Don't think we can live off of that out there. She has Portugal in her mind right now. No idea where that came from but they do have a clinic that she works for out there as well.

Please come to Colorado fam if you can make it work. We would love to have you.

RE is weird there. I found some decent houses for 700k. Probably a lot more now…

BUT I was finding places to rent that were nicer and cheaper than my spot in Minneapolis.

Housing is as pricy as NYC but I can actual justify it because the spacing is so limited

Yea this **** really complicated my life. I hoped to move like to Florida or something but now that’s a no go. Like Virginia or potentially North Carolina might work depending what they do but like it sucks because all these southern warmer states are run by MAGAs

For those asking why I want to move. As much as I love New York, I want to move somewhere I can golf all year round.

As someone who grew up there, VA ain’t it. Politically, it’s a purple state because of the DC suburbs and 7 cities but the rest of that **** is real backwards, just look at the current governor.

Also, you definitely won’t be golfing all year round :lol:

you’ll be dying of heat in the summer and cold in the winter.

I used to live in Hampton right but the bridge that goes to Newport News. AMAZING TOWN. :emoji_heart_eyes:

Cities in Texas are actually nice, but I get why people feel the way they do about it.

Don't really think anything's ever gonna change around here.

My dad pretty much lives in Vietnam but I don’t think that’s the definition of human rights. :lol:

He loves it though, going to all the places Anthony Bourdain and Obama went to and says the people are great. He works for a power company out there.

Wife and I are looking to move out of Texas. wife had a lateral job opportunity in Colorado. Don't think we can live off of that out there. She has Portugal in her mind right now. No idea where that came from but they do have a clinic that she works for out there as well.
Colorado would have been a nice place to grow up if my father only decided to stay there. I don't know much about Portugal, so I can't say.

Portugal has a low cost of living but the jobs don’t pay all that well. At least in my line of work so that’s not gonna work for me. Wife can get citizenship in Italy but I don’t really want to do Europe.

Wife and I are going to peep Tasmania this winter and Chile is on my list but again I don’t know how much money I’d make.

My daughter said she’d come with so that really uncomplicated things if we do leave.
as far as Italy goes, I wouldn't recommend it. jobs are pretty limited even for the locals. my son's sitter is an Italian citizen. she said she won't be here if there were good jobs atleast for her back there. Chile is ok if you want that kind of a setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom