***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Photo-Funia-1619049070.jpg

Seattle PD retired the Crown Vics over a decade ago. Their fleet is mostly heavily armored Ford Explorers now. Same with State Patrol (although less heavily armored because they aren't douchebags like SPD). They don't drive like idiots and crash into things.

A massive part of Justin Trudeau's first win to become prime minister was a the pot legalization.

that's the only thing Ive ever seen motivate young voters in canada.

This is a total hot take based on zero evidence, but im not sure this Herschel saga will hurt him that much.

like I said I think most republicans identify with him,
and totally understand and can empathize with getting your mistress an abortion.
they aren't going to stay home with control of the senate in play

I think white democrats should be careful how they talk about Herschel in the media.
I think there is still a reflexive defensiveness of seeing black men get torn down.

especially with conservative-ish black men who still mostly vote democrat..
you'll need massive black turnout to win, and you can't afford to bleed any support no matter how small.

He can still win, and I think it will be a dog fight the rest of the way.

the big thing will be how the center right, educated white vote feels about it.
imo seems like they are the swing vote to me.

Last edited:
This is a total hot take based on zero evidence, but im not sure this Herschel saga will hurt him that much.

like I said I think most republicans identify with him,
and totally understand and can empathize with getting your mistress an abortion.
they aren't going to stay home with control of the senate in play

I think white democrats should be careful how they talk about Herschel in the media.
I think there is still a reflexive defensiveness of seeing black men get torn down.

especially with conservative-ish black men who still mostly vote democrat..
you'll need massive black turnout to win, and you can't afford to bleed any support no matter how small.

He can still win, and I think it will be a dog fight the rest of the way.

the big thing will be how the center right, educated white vote feels about it.
imo seems like they are the swing vote to me.
I don't think it hurt him because it doesn't matter who it is anyways, theirs is a national long term strategy.

Back
Top Bottom