***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Not to mention they’re so far removed from the real world at that point. What the hell do they know about any real life issues?

You can be 100 and still sharp mentally... I just don't think you should be allowed to serve 24-30 years in an elected position.

I think age is a pretty good heuristic for mental acuity, obviously it's not perfect and there will be outliers.

but id rather lose the the odd 70 year old senator whose still sharp.
vs lose a 50 year old due to an arbitrary term limit.

These people are literally set for life financially and want to still work after working their whole lives.

They wanna die going to work, that's dumb they don't need to be in leadership positions. If they do that they expect everyone to, get them geezers out the paint dawg.

RBG should've retired.

70+ year olds shouldn't be making decisions that impact the future of this country.
RGB should have retired because she was a multiple-time cancer survivor as an elderly person, and the partisan lean of the Supreme Court was important

Her decisions were mostly fine.

She got replaced by a far-right Christian nationalist Gen-Xer.

RGB should have retired because she was a multiple-time cancer survivor as an elderly person, and the partisan lean of the Supreme Court was important

Her decisions were mostly fine.

She got replaced by a far-right Christian nationalist Gen-Xer.

I don't disagree with her decisions. I should've separated my points since they were independent thoughts.

If she retired while Barack was in office we wouldn't have that weirdo that replaced her.

I am against term limits also

I am kinda against age limits also

The problem is that she ran for reelection in 2018, and Californian Democrats decided to reelect her, even though she was over 80.

Government isn’t the only place it happens. At one of my jobs we got a group of old bastards called “the dirty dozen”.

These mf’er **** up every contract because they only want raises on the pension not actual wages and scew it all towards the old guys.

I’d rather have age limits than term limits.

I am against term limits also

I am kinda against age limits also

The problem is that she ran for reelection in 2018, and Californian Democrats decided to reelect her, even though she was over 80.

Please explain why you’re against age limits?

I feel like their are a good portion of folks who agree that an 80 year old who could potentially have 5 years of life left, should be making laws that could shape the future for people who still have decades left to live.

Just curious your reasoning. I come in peace.

I mostly think that older Democrats in safe seats should retire

The party can't rebrand itself if people keep seeing the same old faces

People like Sherrod Brown can stay for as long he likes, because he seems like he is the only Democrat with a chance in Ohio.

I hate the mother****er with a passion, but the same goes for Manchin too. (his *** is cooked though, he listing next year)

Like Elizabeth Warren is running again, WHY? Let it go.

See, even when I try to have a good faith discourse with you, I still get responses like that.

Soft.
All I said was one word. I decline to engage on the topic with you, that is it.

Secondly, you are throwing out insults here, something you have taken issue with me supposedly doing. Funny how that works

If I return this energy then you will start complaining, playing the victim, calling me mean, etc.

Seems like whenever you don't get your way. You are upset.

I am not required to coddle you on here.

Just let it be

Last edited:
I don't care how young or old a politician is, I only care about them doing their jobs and putting the people ahead of their ambitions. RBG was a great justice but a selfish person. Our team doesn't have to stoop to the bad guy's level but we need more folks to fall in line. When Obama politely asked her to step down she should've done it. Obama knew what time it was and how bad things would get. We see how the bad guy's play and Diane should've resigned the moment she gave Grahams a hug after the Sex Predator confirmation. I'm not for ageism or sexism. I also know that we give younger folks and men better treatment than women. I also agree that sexism and ageism are at play with Feinstein. My main issue is that we need her there to help balance the courts and every day she isn't there is a day we can't get things done. If she can fly into DC on days they have to vote for this to move forward on judges I wish her well and she can stay as long as she wants. Her health is hurting our side at a critical juncture. If she isn't healthy then I wish her well

To be contrarian for a minute... I'm realizing more and more just how poorly American society treats the elderly. To us the elderly (which is anyone above 28 years old) are just washed up leeches who don't understand anything and should just learn to stay home and stay quiet. It's the opposite in many other cultures and countries.

The "right" approach is probably somewhere in the middle, but I'm tired of hearing about how LeBron is too old to play basketball, how Biden is too old to be president, or how I'm too old to be in the club getting tipsy.

You two going back and forth is like me and my mom. Give her the same energy and I’m a meanie after she calls my wife a *****.

Everybody else just lets him get away with his BS and doesn’t call him out on it and chalks it up as Rusty being Rusty.

But it’s cool, we agreed to move on. I’ll do my best to not engage with him, honestly might as well block him he even though he “moved on” clearly still holds a grudge .

Everybody else just lets him get away with his BS and doesn’t call him out on it and chalks it up as Rusty being Rusty.

But it’s cool, we agreed to move on. I’ll do my best to not engage with him, honestly might as well block him he even though he “moved on” clearly still holds a grudge .
ActualKindheartedAgouti-size_restricted.gif

To be contrarian for a minute... I'm realizing more and more just how poorly American society treats the elderly. To us the elderly (which is anyone above 28 years old) are just washed up leeches who don't understand anything and should just learn to stay home and stay quiet. It's the opposite in many other cultures and countries.

The "right" approach is probably somewhere in the middle, but I'm tired of hearing about how LeBron is too old to play basketball, how Biden is too old to be president, or how I'm too old to be in the club getting tipsy.

How old are you?

That's not true my friend. ninjahood ninjahood , myself and and many others have promised and will deliver hands to him via UPS any day now. He posts in fear knowing that da check left hook to da body is only an Uber trip away. I've known rusty a long time and he is on da run.

In a 51-49 split Senate, every vote matters.

Senate Republicans and Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin took advantage of Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein's ongoing medical leave to roll back a significant environmental regulation on Wednesday.

In a 50-49 vote, the Senate passed a joint resolution overturning the Biden administration's Environmental Protection Agency rule that implemented strict limits on smog-creating emissions from heavy- and medium-duty trucks.

The rule, which would require big trucks to abide by the new regulation beginning with model year 2027, is designed to limit emissions of nitrous oxide and other pollutants, which are linked to asthma and other respiratory diseases. The EPA estimates that by 2045 it would reduce cases of childhood asthma by 18,000 annually and cut deaths by 2,900 each year, Roll Call reported

The Democratic Party has a credibility problem exactly because they advocate for policies that demand collective sacrifice, but they are TERRIBLE at inconveniencing themselves for their greater good.

Republicans don't have that problem. Their policies are objectively terrible, but they believe in them so much that they actually sacrifice their own personal ambitions.

This is what makes Democrats hard to trust, and this is why their support isn't as reliable as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom