***Official Political Discussion Thread***

man if yall knew some of the stuff the bush kids were up to..

but most people dont give a shhh because THEM kids aint in government

trump was the only one who thought hiring his whole family was cool like we aint seen how many of them businesses be outright failing and/or caught up in some shh

People obsessed about Hunter Biden are not serious people

Whatever crimes of his authorities can prove, arrest him, put him on trial, and convict him.

Hunter Biden being a low character person has no serious consequences for the country.

He is not part of the government, the Biden Admin, or the campaign.

Rich white dude with hookers and drugs and avoiding the consequences of his actions…

1685813395785.jpeg

I just finished watching da Conservative Mermaid and I’m more convinced than ever that liberals are done. Lib scums like Rusty wishes they could be part of our world. LFGG

Last edited:
Funny how some immigrants get love and others get love it or leave it?

You move to a liberal state from a conservative country.

I really couldn’t care less about their feelings because they chose to do that. Move to Arkansas instead or some state that matches their moral values.

Funny how some immigrants get love and others get love it or leave it?

I’ll let mplsdunk mplsdunk elaborate if he likes but my read on this is that yes, homophobic immigrants, who also are very publicly homophobic, whose homophobic quote in a major newspaper invokes their immigration status from a country of origin that is marked as “white” in the US Census, do deserve a tongue-in-cheek “love it or leave it.”

If you’re a reactionary and also just happen to be from a marginalized community, IMO it’s bad form to mock their marginalized identity even if it’s in service of mocking their reactionary politics (I personally regret using certain anti black forms and symbols back in 2016 when we were piling on Ninjahood’s reactionary beliefs). What bothers me is people doing incitement against members of the LGBTQ community and trying to throw a “woke” anti racist/colonial/xenophobic patina on it. That stuff deserves to be mocked, just like how JK. Rowling’s sudden embrace of feminism (used only in service of incitement against trans women) deserves to be mocked. If John Rocker had suddenly decided that the only reason that he had a problem with black faces and purple hair on the subway was because he’s actually autistic and the diverse ridership gave him sensory issues, he’d have justifiably been mocked.

But that’s just my own personal take and I understand how fraught it can be to use modes of ridicule used against marginalized people even if it’s in the service of arguing for social justice/pluralism.

People obsessed about Hunter Biden are not serious people

Whatever crimes of his authorities can prove, arrest him, put him on trial, and convict him.

Hunter Biden being a low character person has no serious consequences for the country.

He is not part of the government, the Biden Admin, or the campaign.
But even so, why and for how long do you want me to hold this 80 year old responsible for this 50 year old? Move on man.

You move to a liberal state from a conservative country.

I really couldn’t care less about their feelings because they chose to do that. Move to Arkansas instead or some state that matches their moral values.

Yeah, my post wasn’t clear.

I was actually agreeing with you. I meant how some immigrants get amplified by mainstream media, but as a whole most of the country is anti-immigrant - even the left.

Its strange but I feel like ive gained respect for Biden as a man these past couple years. And it really has nothing to do with politics. Idk maybe I dont know enough

Consider the following examples.

The May jobs report, released on Friday morning, found that the US economy produced 339,000 jobs, a blistering pace of growth that suggests fears of a recession are at present overblown. “Job growth at this rate, this far into a recovery, with unemployment this low, is pretty close to unprecedented,” tweeted University of Michigan economist Justin Wolfers.

On Thursday night, the Senate passed the bipartisan debt ceiling deal, ending a standoff that threatened to cause a global disaster, on relatively favorable terms for the president. “Biden averted an economic crisis without making extraordinary policy changes, and took the debt ceiling issue off the table until after the 2024 election,” per my colleague Andrew Prokop’s apt summary.

Earlier in the month, data showed that inflation had slowed to a nearly two-year low. The expiration of Title 42, a Covid-era immigration restriction whose end was supposed to cause a massive surge in migrants claiming asylum, had no such effect; in fact, border apprehensions declined precipitously after it ended.

Also in May, special counsel John Durham’s report into the origins of the Trump-Russia probe found nothing damaging for Biden. A House Republican report into the finances of Biden and his son Hunter cleared the president of wrongdoing. And a jury found Biden’s most likely 2024 opponent, former President Donald Trump, liable for sexually assaulting the writer E. Jean Carroll.

None of this means Biden is cruising to reelection. His approval ratings are still quite poor, and he’s trailing Trump in the RealClearPolitics head-to-head polling average.

here’s an interesting pattern throughout Biden’s presidency: He suffers for policy failures but doesn’t gain commensurably for similar successes.

Biden’s approval ratings were more favorable than not until August 2021, when the rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan resulted in the Taliban’s conquest of the country and a humanitarian nightmare. The mess caused his numbers to dip into net-negative territory, and they’ve never turned positive again since.

Yet consider the other big foreign policy issue of Biden’s first term: Ukraine. By most accounts, the Biden team has handled the war quite skillfully: US military aid has played a crucial role in blocking the Kremlin’s advances without triggering any kind of dangerous direct escalation between American and Russian forces. Still, there’s been no Ukraine boon in Biden’s poll numbers commensurate with the Afghanistan bust.

Similarly, inflation clearly hurt the president’s standing: In October 2022, fewer Americans said their personal financial situation was good than did at the peak of the Covid-induced recession in 2020. The recent inflation decline and surging job growth have not led to a sentiment bounce-back: A May poll found that a mere third of Americans approved of Biden’s handling of the economy.

Back
Top Bottom