***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Hopefully imposter Kane got his wig signed.
IMG_1508.jpeg

I wanna see the floor plan where the pool drains directly into a room of electronic equipment :lol:
I suspect MaL was not build with a server room, and dummy doesn’t seem like the kind of person who’d either invest in proper retrofitting for a room he’d never be in or who would understand why a server room isn’t just a room with servers in it.

“Just set ‘’em up in the old unused cabana,” is something he’d definitely say.

Meatball Ron tried to warn us about the “woke.” By that I mean Gavin Newsom woke up to find obvious evidence of human trafficking in Sacramento, and it can easily be traced back to Ron DeSantis.

Looking around on Twitter and talking with people in various leftist orgs has just further confirmed that this 2024 election cycle is serving the necessary function of separating out the deeply unserious leftists or self proclaimed leftists from those of us who are serious and who do actual work.

I said it a few weeks ago about Marianne Williamson and RFK's quixotic presidential bids and I'll double down after seeing Cornwell West's third party bid and I'll throw in Jimmy Dore's and BJG's on going obsession with FTV, you can't tell people that the system is irredeemably evil and is designed to push massive downward distribution of pain and a massive upward distribution of tributary/rent seeking income upward and then turn around and tell people that some half baked electoral or parliamentary maneuver with have a massive impact and improve the masses' material conditions.

IF there is a case to be made for electoralism beyond harm reduction, it would involve massive grassroots organizing in the form of a combination of cadres, labor organizing, civil rights direct action, political education, strike funds/mutual aid, local electoral victories, and it would culminate a disciplined and overwhelming attack and capture of a major party's nominating process (logically, it would be the Democratic Party although it would be beyond funny if the left could seize the machinery of the GOP and use it as vehicle for left politics).

These people whom I am criticizing would probably retort that they are pushing the Overton window or they are trying to start a conversation. My response would be that there probably was a time for that back in the 2000’s and 2010’s. But honestly the battle for public opinion has been, for the most part, won. The broader left’s position are popular, this isn’t 2004. Conservatism and centrism are deeply unpopular. The work now is about bridging that gap from popularity to policy. We may disagree about how exactly that is to be done but wasting resources on vanity campaigns in 23-24 ain’t it.
I would like to hear more about what you mean by this? Are you saying you can only be serious if you are working within Biden's support? You should only attempt to usurp the neo-liberals if you have a wide casting social movement? I guess I just don't know what you mean by 'unserious leftists'

I would also argue that Conservatism and centrism are not unpopular just that they are now called different things. There are probably less people if asked that would call themselves "conservatives" than there were in the 90's but far more "populists", are these people no longer conservatives? I would argue they are

From PEW: 2021 Poltical Typology. Full

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 1.27.04 AM.png

How can you argue conservative ideals are unpopular when a Populist President was elected on conservative ideals? While categorizations change, voting tends to remain pretty sticky. I think both Dems and Reps have fringe candidates pulling away from the center, vanity campaigns are nothing new. The core difference being Reps understand the stakes and drop ego where as Dems stick to their core values and either don't vote or vote their heart. The problem is the voters not the candidates.

Also a blast from the past but some percentages from a similar report from PEW circa, 1988. 8% in support of Gay rights |l this is like a time capsule Full

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 1.19.43 AM.png

CNN should just stop and go full reality like discovery channel did. We all know you aren’t getting actual news from them so just scrap that idea. 🗑️🚮

If his taxes are lower he’ll vote for em.

of course… but I just wanna know when he can call dude any of the followin:

- a racist
- a rapist
- a criminal
- xenophobic
- sexiest

or anything else he has blatantly been

Back
Top Bottom