***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Will never forget returning to school the next day after Obama won :smh: :lol:

Crying in the hallways and people going home early because they couldn't handle that their next President was Black

One of the most fun days of my life growing up in the South with a heavy republican population.

THEY were tight and we were rubbing it in on all day, wearing the bootleg Obama crossover tees that had Malcolm and Martin on it, we were only 12 but we didn't care that was a win and they were going to FEEL it.

One of the most fun days of my life growing up in the South with a heavy republican population.

THEY were tight and we were rubbing it in on all day, wearing the bootleg Obama crossover tees that had Malcolm and Martin on it, we were only 12 but we didn't care that was a win and they were going to FEEL it.

What happened 8 years later when Trump won? And that wasn't a troll question. I am genuinely curious what was going on in the schools in those types of areas the day after the 2016 election when basically the exact opposite happened. Was it Charlottesville Lite with tiki torches?

I am legit shocked right now

Maybe the Jesuit education of Georgetown Prep still resonates somewhere in Kavanaughs conscious still. I will say for all the **** about him, at least he’s been more of swing judge at times. And not the hard right we all expected. Still hate he’s there but rather this than Amy and the other ******* Trump brought it.

Maybe the Jesuit education of Georgetown Prep still resonates somewhere in Kavanaughs conscious still. I will say for all the **** about him, at least he’s been more of swing judge at times. And not the hard right we all expected. Still hate he’s there but rather this than Amy and the other ******* Trump brought it.
Roberts to me is the real shocker here.

Mans spent his whole legal career trying to gut the VRA. Since the damn 70s. On the Supreme Court he destroyed so many parts of it, and when given the chance to effectively kill it, he chooses not to.

Wild.

denzel-washington-my-heart.gif

Wasn't expecting this (especially Roberts like Rusty said) but a W is a W.

What happened 8 years later when Trump won? And that wasn't a troll question. I am genuinely curious what was going on in the schools in those types of areas the day after the 2016 election when basically the exact opposite happened. Was it Charlottesville Lite with tiki torches?
My sister was still in school at the time. Private school, upstate NY, so not the south but still racist. They had to ban MAGA stuff on school grounds because the trust fund babies were taking multiple victory laps, it was bad.

Man, I was a Freshman GSU at the time. Impromptu Parade on Piedmont street, outside the dorms.

Then Jeezy & Nas came back to shoot “My President” on campus 😳 🔥

What a time

My sister was still in school at the time. Private school, upstate NY, so not the south but still racist. They had to ban MAGA stuff on school grounds because the trust fund babies were taking multiple victory laps, it was bad.

Unfortunately, I can't say that I am surprised. I was in a similar situation as your sister except the area wasn't racist. The kids' families were just mostly upper middle class to upper class so I would peg most of them as MAGA from what I recall so I imagine the experience at my school would probably be similar. It was all boys so it would be super rowdy :sick:

Even as an adult, I got a few weird messages on election day and some Folks in my group chats turned red which was extremely awkward. That and 2008 are definitely "I remember where I was during..." events for me. The good and the bad |l 2016 NBA Finals Game 7 is another recent-ish notable :lol:

Super woke

Go on ahead and breathe the combusted 🌲🌳

Yeah it won’t kill you today but I’d rather not inhale it.

Last edited:

They heard the chorus to My President for at least 3 weeks :lol: :pimp:

Podcast has been great through the first two episodes. Will forever be the most difficult person to understand to me. Would actually love to hear a trained professional psycho analyze him because there are so many contradictions

A few years ago, Pat Robertson was ****ting on the police for excessive force against Black men.

That might have been the only time I ever agreed with him.

Right then and there, I knew he wasn't long for this world.

"Woke" activists get old and lose their faculties they start talking some crazy maga stuff. Magas get old and lose their faculties, start talking some crazy "woke" stuff.

Podcast has been great through the first two episodes. Will forever be the most difficult person to understand to me. Would actually love to hear a trained professional psycho analyze him because there are so many contradictions

Saw a clip of the host on Bomani. Ol Clarence was so black he was against interracial marriage as little as a year before dating Ginny.

Back
Top Bottom