***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Do you really think the Republican primary voters are gonna turn on Trump because he is indicted?

The indictments haven't hurt his polling numbers at all.

And DeSantis has never been the frontrunner like Biden was for most of the primary

It’s early in the election cycle.The GOP would be wise to settle on a strong 2nd place showing candidate to coalesce around. Like if DeSantis, Vivek or Scott finished within 10 points of Trump. Get the 3-5 to drop and there’s your nominee.

There will be a point where evidence from these indictments will split Trump’s coalition.
Trump will have over 20 co-defendants who he isn’t paying their legal fees, they will turn against him.

Idk if we’ll get this big national election where the electorate gets to decide if a former President will get Re-elected for one term or go to jail. They will definitely reach a settlement before that?

It’s early in the election cycle.The GOP would be wise to settle on a strong 2nd place showing candidate to coalesce around. Like if DeSantis, Vivek or Scott finished within 10 points of Trump. Get the 3-5 to drop and there’s your nominee.
Your math doesn't work. Trump is polling above 50 percent. He beats anyone in a two person race. Plus, the GOP uses winner take all in the delegates. So Trump can pretty much lock up the nomination earlier.

There will be a point where evidence from these indictments will split Trump’s coalition.
Trump will have over 20 co-defendants who he isn’t paying their legal fees, they will turn against him.

This is massive wishful thinking. Loyalty to Trump is a big thing for primary voters. Conservative media is pushing conspiracy theories defending Trump. If the his base picks someone else, it will be because he drops out, not from them abandoning him

Idk if we’ll get this big national election where the electorate gets to decide if a former President will get Re-elected for one term or go to jail. They will definitely reach a settlement before that?

Famb, I think you are giving Republican primary voters too much credit.

A majority want Trump back in. Plain and simple

The forces that put Biden over the top in 2020 on the Dem side mostly don't exist on the right.

Anyone have any idea if there are additional ways to flag misinformation on Facebook? I’ve gone down the rabbit hole with some local political stuff and opponents keep making up and repeating obviously false information (typical right wing conspiracy bs). I have reported the posts and accounts many times with nothing being done. Is there a number or email address?

Your math doesn't work. Trump is polling above 50 percent. He beats anyone in a two person race. Plus, the GOP uses winner take all in the delegates. So Trump can pretty much lock up the nomination earlier.

This is massive wishful thinking. Loyalty to Trump is a big thing for primary voters. Conservative media is pushing conspiracy theories defending Trump. If the his base picks someone else, it will be because he drops out, not from them abandoning him

Famb, I think you are giving Republican primary voters too much credit.

A majority want Trump back in. Plain and simple

The forces that put Biden over the top in 2020 on the Dem side mostly don't exist on the right.

Those folks left the party and are Dems now. It will be Trump then, now and forever and I’m pumped. Handsome IN HIS YOUTH ZADDY IS BYKE

Anybody know if the debate tonight will be available on demand? My kids aren’t going to let me watch it… I know that.

snoop-dogg-snoop-dogg-who.gif

Back
Top Bottom