***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It was an AP Language class

So probably mainly seniors and some juniors

Old enough to read it. 17-18 year old's who are more likely than not on track to attend a 4 year university upon graduation or they wouldn't be taking said class can handle it.

AP is literally meant to be COLLEGE LEVEL. So you're going to be using COLLEGE LEVEL material. Don't take the class if you want to be babied and treated like a 13 year old who can't have adult topics and conversations. Everyone wants the GPA boost, college credit and to fluff their applications but no one wants to do the work to earn it.

Last edited:
The assumption with complaints like this "Makes me ashamed to be white" Is that it doesn't have an impact on black readers of the same material, how do these parents think reading this book makes black kids feel?
You know they don't care about that.

People who feel shame at the retelling of American history from the perspective of Black people are those who find righteousness in slavery and exploitation. They identify with American exceptionalism more than they identify with the American principle of liberty for all. That's the same shame they feel when capitalism is criticized. It's the same people who can't handle being in a church that teaches Jesus' teachings and not fire and brimstone.

If the relevance of these folks continues to grow, our grandkids will learn a history of Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan completely from what we've witnessed.

Wut don’t you understand? The police here like to not show up to work because they think we’re too critical. I don’t hear him saying to fire them.
His also killed the George Floyd Justice Act, lied to the family about it (he claimed Dems wanted to defund the police) and then didn’t have the decency to call them to tell them what happened. He’s a joke and 🤡

I forgot Tim Scott was working on a bipartisan police reform bill. Police groups we involved in the talks because part of the deal was gonna be more funding for them.

He couldn't get anyone on the GOP side to go along with it.

Then when it went into the toilet he blamed Dems and lied so much that police groups called him out

Last edited:
I forgot Tim Scott was working on a bipartisan police reform bill. Police groups we involved in the talks because part of the deal was gonna be more funding for them.

He couldn't get anyone on the GOP side to go along with it.

Then when it went into the toilet he bla.ed Dems and lied so much that police groups called him out
Sadly he and Grahams promised the families of George Floyd and others that they would deliver the Republican votes and when things looked bad he blamed Corey Booker and Karen Bass. He seems comfortable playing the token role.

What squad?

bart-say.gif

Back
Top Bottom