***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Because Trump was great for business. The media never had it better than when Trump was giving them material every day. They want him back because dysfunction is great for their business but terrible for us.
I hated the everyday media coverage of that scumbag. Couldn’t put on youtube or the tv or radio without having to hear about him from both sides. Everyday libs complaining how awful he is then the republicans crying about how he’s being treated unfairly.

I remember charlamagne making a good point that the media doesn’t have to react and do a story about every bad thing that fool does but it’s easy content.

Last edited:
3 years ago today and it’s been living completely rent free in my head since then.

IMG_6535.jpeg

Just gives me a warm glow every time I remember it.

People feel inflation

But the don't understand it

What drives it, how to slow the rate of increase, what it would take for prices to go back to pre pandemic levels

So that leads to a bunch of bad takes about it

Everywhere even on NT, I saw a bunch of people saying that since things got more expensive, the government should send out more Stimulus checks to help people out.

That would be like trying to put out a kitchen fire with a bucket of gasoline.

But people confidently said such things

It wouldn't be such a problem if people didn't base their votes on it.

Trump supporters are just saying whatever they can so that people can justify being openly/covertly racist again.
If you look at what voters Biden and struggling with but are gettable (because they hate Trump and/or voted for Biden in 2020) you will find a lot of anger over the economy, especially inflation.

People feel inflation

But the don't understand it

What drives it, how to slow the rate of increase, what it would take for prices to go back to pre pandemic levels

So that leads to a bunch of bad takes about it

Everywhere even on NT, I saw a bunch of people saying that since things got more expensive, the government should send out more Stimulus checks to help people out.

That would be like trying to put out a kitchen fire with a bucket of gasoline.

But people confidently said such things

It wouldn't be such a problem if people didn't base their votes on it.

Best take was my boss about inflation is because he said Biden is the reason for it. Once I started rebutting him he starting saying I don’t know what I’m talking about. Asked him for actual examples how he’s right and he didn’t know.

He’s a loud mouth who thinks he’s the smartest in the room. In corporate tax he def knows how to fake it. But everything outside of that he’s an idiot. And these are the people who have influence over others.

you know I’m white

I don’t think so considering Biden has a low approval rating and only got elected because trump was worse. Safe to say the majority of the country isn’t thrilled with either just based off the numbers.

you know I’m white

I don’t think so considering Biden has a low approval rating and only got elected because trump was worse. Safe to say the majority of the country isn’t thrilled with either just based off the numbers.
People not liking Biden doesn't make him the equivalent to Trump.

You out here bemoaning polarization

But America had the lowest point of polarization during Jim Crow

The thing that upset the peace was the Democratic Party pushing forward with Civil Rights. And then the GOP becoming the white man's party.

So yeah, it sounds like some peak white people **** to complain about a force in society that started because one party decided black citizens should have full rights.

Saying ideological purity has gone too far in some areas, ok, but the people that complain most about every being political are most of the times the ones that face the least amount of consequences when the worse people grab hold of power.

yeah dude, the polarization is annoying.

Because you’re black do you enjoy having people whisper in your ear “prices are gonna get worse with Biden” when you check out at Costco? (Has happened to me)

I wasn’t talking that deep dude, politics doesn’t need to be in EVERYTHING. There’s a time and a place.

I don’t like trump for the same reasons you don’t. I don’t like Biden because he’s not far enough left for me.

This is frustrating AF. I was a a dinner with a bunch of business school professors and the dean of a business school. The latter kept going on about how terrible Biden has been for the economy.

But he couldn’t provide one macro measure that was actually bad besides inflation and he conceded that the monetary policy was doing a surprisingly good job and that fiscal policy was a non-starter with the current Congress.

This is a trained academic repeating these nonsense NYT talking points without actual thought. Once I got a “he’s right” from the honoree of the dinner, he changed the subject.

aepps20 aepps20 is right: we need to push back against these “feelings” with facts but it definitely seems like an uphill battle against the wrongly established narratives.

Back
Top Bottom