***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don’t like trump for the same reasons you don’t. I don’t like Biden because he’s not far enough left for me.
Biden’s key accomplishments have been to the left of just about every president in recent history and arguably to the left of the Overton window.

I know you think he let you down with the railroad strike, but if that had gone through the backlash against labor would have prevented UPS or UAW or Vegas.

We’ll never know, he could have done a lot better with that whole disaster.

My perfect president will never exist anyways.

Both of you are white, right?

Because those posts sound like some peak white people political talk
IMG_2122.jpeg

This is frustrating AF. I was a a dinner with a bunch of business school professors and the dean of a business school. The latter kept going on about how terrible Biden has been for the economy.

But he couldn’t provide one macro measure that was actually bad besides inflation and he conceded that the monetary policy was doing a surprisingly good job and that fiscal policy was a non-starter with the current Congress.

This is a trained academic repeating these nonsense NYT talking points without actual thought. Once I got a “he’s right” from the honoree of the dinner, he changed the subject.

aepps20 aepps20 is right: we need to push back against these “feelings” with facts but it definitely seems like an uphill battle against the wrongly established narratives.
I can't thank you enough for doing this. It is hard work but there could've been someone listening in at another table that had their eyes opened by this exchange. It's less about the clown you were engaging and more about other people that were listening in. That's how we measure success in this task. Everytime I engage clowns it is less about them and more about others in the room that aren't brave enough to say they feel the same way as the clowns but it gets them thinking.

So who will be the first losing Republican to throw out their "election was stolen" BS? I only ask as we all know SOMEONE is bound to try it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom