***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Damn, I thought Presley was go be able to pull this off. :smh::smh:

House voted to censure Tlaib. That river to the sea **** did her in.
The Dems shouldn’t have done it and they clearly are trying to hide this news by doing it late and during the time of the election results. Looking at the list of Dems I don’t know them but Ritchie Torres is going to get a challenge to his left.

this should be all over the news tomorrow. Hopefully

This country is disgusting with how it treats women. Whitmer would have a lower chance than Hillary. What she is doing in Michigan is ELITE but this country’s disdain for women (white women would probably vote for the Republican) will make it a hard trek.
Let’s see how things turn out in 2028. I still think she will be the first women president. She just needs the right running mate to keep the party behind her.

Let’s see how things turn out in 2028. I still think she will be the first women president. She just needs the right running mate to keep the party behind her.
If white women don’t support her in huge numbers she won’t win. I hope she gets it but Hillary should’ve been it

868.gif

867.gif

Big gretch is more like able than Hillary. That’s a huge factor.
She is until the republican machine goes all in. People forgetting that Hills was actually very popular as Secretary of State and Senator. It wasn’t until she ran for president and was a legitimate contender did the Republican machine that hated her as First Lady got into her. When they start attaching her blended family and her treatment of her would be kidnappers it will be tough

That’s not a good reason to not run though to me. They’re always gonna be like that.

By that time too Hilary is ancient history and it’s a whole new group of people voting that are younger.

Presley conceded in MS.

The hospital where I was born is practically abandoned, literally entire wings/floors are empty. People have to travel to Jackson for anything almost serious. Meanwhile, Reeves refuses to expand Medicaid to help keep struggling hospitals operational. ****’s almost depressing.

That’s not a good reason to not run though to me. They’re always gonna be like that.

By that time too Hilary is ancient history and it’s a whole new group of people voting that are younger.
Hilary won’t be ancient history in any of our lifetimes. She’s like the boogeyman when republicans want to scare their base into voting for them or fundraising.

This post is excellent and thank you. People only forget when they think they have options and that a magic Dem will arise and replace Joe and will still beat Trump.

Having stability at the top has made people lazy and candidly stupid. There was a reason Joe was the nominee. Clyburn knew all the other folks running had 0 chance against Trump. Funny people talk about Joe and his age when I can’t name a Dem that could beat Trump. Newsome is from CA, clown 🤡 from Minnesota no one knows, Whitmer and Kamala are women, Manchin is a Republican who could win?

I think a few of the other 2020 candidates could have won in 2020 because of negative polarization. After 4 years of Trump actually being president, anyone with some charisma and the ability to portray themselves as the opposite of Donald Trump.

The problem for Democrats now is that, as you said, there’s no good alternative available. You couldn’t have the party sub in the other top vote getters in 2020, Sanders and Warren, without upsetting some part of the Democratic coalition, whose vote is not guaranteed. Bernie would completely shore up the left but a lot of older, affluent centrists would defect (not so much not support Trump but not voting or voting for the inevitable third party challenges to Sanders. Warren loses a bit of the left and a lot of the affluent centrists and still might have felt with third party challenges paid for by finance capital.

So if that’s not an option, what about other current candidates? Cornell West and Marianne Williamson don’t actually want to be President. RFK wants to be president but he’s not beating Trump. Also the supposedly principled, alternative candidates has more hawkish views on Israel than Trump or Biden. So he’s also not able to differentiate himself from Trump in an election where the negative polarization against Trump could be greater than in 2020.

And somehow RFK seems like a good choice next to Gruesome Gavin Newsom. I like Newsom, to an extent. But I’m visibly Californian as is he so I enjoy his schtick but his act does not travel east of Palm Springs.

So it has to be Biden at this juncture because Trump would be likely to win otherwise.

Last edited:
She is until the republican machine goes all in. People forgetting that Hills was actually very popular as Secretary of State and Senator. It wasn’t until she ran for president and was a legitimate contender did the Republican machine that hated her as First Lady got into her. When they start attaching her blended family and her treatment of her would be kidnappers it will be tough

obviously she’s a woman, which is going be difficult for certain folks.. just like Pete being gay is going be an obvious issue for folks

but that Republican machine only works so well vs certain folks, AOC and Kamala being the most obvious new examples were they sit up so much of a foundation as ‘the clintons’, ‘Obama’ and maybe Elizabeth warren

but it’s not the Republican machine I’m worried about, it’s the media who eagerly jumps at their shhhh.. they allow AOC to be mentioned as a legit counterpart to marge and the horrific and/or stupid things she does and says

we see how blatant these things are and the media feels the need to treat imagined slights as the very same as legitimate problems/issues

With Dems winning last night, I think Genocide Joe will go full Netanyahu now.

3 years ago today and it’s been living completely rent free in my head since then.

IMG_6535.jpeg

Just gives me a warm glow every time I remember it.
All due respect to Dave Chappelle but Rudy took over as my favorite comedian

Back
Top Bottom