***Official Political Discussion Thread***

All I know is that unless you have a plan to get white 👑 to lay down their own mysogony it will be tough.

Maybe those countries should take the hint, stop biblethumping and just legalize euthanasia.
Personally I think our euthanasia law is one of our greatest accomplishments. Also, euthanasia is a very long and arduous process that takes at least 6 months.
The only part of our euthanasia law that I see as debatable is that we don't just allow it for physical suffering (terminal cancer pain for example), but the law has been expanded to also offer euthanasia for psychological suffering.
Personally I support both. However the process for psychological suffering should be much more strict, for reasons that should be pretty obvious.

I understand the divided opinions about euthanasia for psychological suffering but any time someone comes out against euthanasia as a whole, it's virtually always some 'but my religion bla bla bla' drivel.

Last edited:

Enjoying this Indian-on-Indian violence.

action-indian.gif

The same who hate "big government" and "government overreach" are the same ones to blame the government any price increase by the private sector.

It does not make sense.

It’s also funny how for years the conservative answer to people crushed by high rents, high home prices, medical debt, student debt, low wages, predatory pay day lending, was some variation of “it’s your own demand/you agreed to it via contract/your unwillingness to cheerfully accept a low standard of living is childish/you’re human garbage any way because if you were a good person, you’d be more successful in the market.”

But if the price of filling up their gas guzzler or they have to pay more to buy their greasy, corn syrup laden treats, it’s a crisis that the government must solve!

I honestly cannot understand how there are millions of people across these United States who will vote for legalizing cannabis and raising the minimum wage and keeping abortion legal and than they turn around and vote for the GOP’s candidates, who frequently try to undermine the implementation of these progressive laws passed by popular referendum.

My best guess is that they are enthrall to some form of hierarchical thinking or another which the GOP represents e.g. you want cannabis to be legal but you don’t vote for Democratic candidates because said candidate was the in favor of paid sick leave for all private sector employees in their State or they see the Democrat as too “soft on crime,” and so on.

Enjoying this Indian-on-Indian violence.

action-indian.gif

Still somehow more believable than 300.

————

On the subject of everything being political nowadays. There’s several meanings to this. As Methodical Management Methodical Management explained, something is “political” in the eyes of more privileged people simply because they have to be near, talk about, hear about, or simply see more marginalized people on TV, in movies, and in video games. At the same time, I doubt that mplsdunk mplsdunk meant that at all.

I think that mplsdunk has also seen how older, white, conservatives, who used to revel in the luxury of being the sociological default and often times engaged in public displays of anti politics, now have now decided that since they are “oppressed” by “the left,” which is this unified force, commanded from the center, who just decided recently to put a bunch of unhoused people in cities, make the price of groceries go up, take all their guns, make their favorite forms of media “woke,” all to force us into 15 minute cities.

His issue and mine is with privileged people who think that an attempt to be sociable and make small talk with someone because we’re both stuck in the same grocery store line, attending the same wedding, or our kids are playing on the same youth sports team, and they see a fellow white person talking to them about the weather, the price of milk, or plans to visit San Francisco as an invitation to hear their horrible takes about climate change, “Bidenflation,” and homeless people.

If I’m talking to POC and they say how they feel less safe or are denied access to spaces where I’ve always been safe and welcomed, I’ll gladly listen. If I’m forced into wasting 5 minutes of my life being polite and chatting with some dude I barely know or have anything in common, that’s bad enough but it’s even worse because their brains have been so thoroughly broken by QAnon groups on Facebook that I now have to avoid mentioning: pro sports, major cities, kitchen remodeling, the price of anything, technology, weather, history, movies, and TV shows. It’s annoying and is totally unrelated to members of the social default getting mad at marginalized people.

At least that’s how I read it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom