***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Did anybody actually watch the interview? I am curious what vlad says his reasons for starting the invasion are…. My guess is tuck didn’t actually ask that question like he said he’s going to.
There was a very good interview yesterday afternoon on NPR about the resurgence of conflicts involving regional/global powers all over the world.

The journalist who was being interviewed said that for China and Russia, restauration of their historical spheres of influence was the point: China with Hong Kong (lost to colonialism) and Taiwan (lost after the 1949 civil war), and Russia with Ukraine and the Baltics (lost after the fall of the Soviet Union).

Russia is on the path to restore its empire. Their leadership doesn't really believe in a system like the EU, where member nations are not mere satellites of the regional powerhouse. If you look at the news coming out of central/Eastern Europe, it is clear that they are also aware of the change of stance of Moscow, and they're scrambling to make sure they're not the next country to be invaded.

Did anybody actually watch the interview? I am curious what vlad says his reasons for starting the invasion are…. My guess is tuck didn’t actually ask that question like he said he’s going to.

Like gry60 gry60 , to recoup past territory.

Covertly, it was always Putin’s lifetime goal to get that territory back. And with him getting up there in age, the timing was now.

He felt as if that territory belong to Russia, prior to Vladimir Lenin dividing it. He wants it reclaimed

Apparently the GOP thought they would have the votes last night because they had aides search through the schedules of Dems to see who would be out, and not he able to make it back in time for the vote. Like who was out of town for a family issue, or was out on a medical absence.

That way, the threshold would be lower.

But people they expected not to show up did, so they didn't have the numbers

They might try this tactic again

Pathetic:lol:

Apparently the GOP thought they would have the votes last night because they had aides search through the schedules of Dems to see who would be out, and not he able to make it back in time for the vote. Like who was out of town for a family issue, or was out on a medical absence.

wonder when they pull the trigger and replace dude

I’m just asking if you can see the through-line logic, idc what you are. Does that make sense?
Don't expect any actual thought out responses from him. I tried to give him a chance to behave like an adult in the Palestine thread and the result was too pathetic to even laugh at.
https://niketalk.com/threads/israel...t-in-middle-east.696852/page-79#post-36781305
You can basically use a flowchart to predict every response. In that thread I literally typed up a flowchart, listed my views that he'd distort with strawman fallacies and he still followed it to the letter.

Media skepticism is good and certainly necessary, but this guy has gone so far off the deep end that ironically he uncritically believes anything that fits his views/narrative.
No research, just vibes. It's rather ironic that even though he identified that media skepticism and critical thinking is necessary, he ended up becoming just as bad if not significantly worse than those who mindlessly consume and propagate whatever Fox News, MSNBC etc tell them.
Then when inevitably proven wrong, he'll throw every logical fallacy in the book at you like he did in that Palestine thread discussion I linked above.

Last edited:

I almost made a dude cry at work the other day because I was relentlessly pressing him. He turned all red and went mute.

He won’t work with me anymore because his ******* doesn’t fly with me. :lol: told the boss I’m a meanie. 😥😥

Back
Top Bottom