***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’m embarrassed to say I never really followed the news pre-October 7. I was semi aware of things but mostly went to cnn.com couple times a day and glanced at it.

what-you.gif

Unbelievable.

This dude went off the rails in just 4 months

1995 1995 I guess we have our answer

This is who yall dealing with, clearly an expert. :lol:
Yea. Jeff Sachs doesn’t know anything. He is only on the UN council and professor of Econ and world relations at Columbia.

Max Blumenthal is also a hack. He’s only lived in Israel and speaks Hebrew and wrote a book on Israel/gaza and has visited Gaza many times. What would he know about Israeli society and politics.

Yes Scott Ritter doesn’t know anything about war and weapons. He was only UN weapons inspector and marine military analyst that worked with former prime minister of Israel.

What do these guys know.

I should really get my analysis from Chris Christie, Liz Cheney, Jake Tapper and Dana Bash.

Rememeber this is NT, the home of pussyhat liberals that are more outraged Barbie didn’t get nominated vs thousands of kids dying.

If it’s not on msnbc or cnn, it’s a Russian operative reporting.
You're saying liberals don't care about kids dying all while praising Putin... :lol:
It's easier to just admit that you don't care about any of that stuff and that you're just here to push maga propaganda.

Yea. Jeff Sachs doesn’t know anything. He is only on the UN council and professor of Econ and world relations at Columbia.

Max Blumenthal is also a hack. He’s only lived in Israel and speaks Hebrew and wrote a book on Israel/gaza and has visited Gaza many times. What would he know about Israeli society and politics.

Yes Scott Ritter doesn’t know anything about war and weapons. He was only UN weapons inspector and marine military analyst that worked with former prime minister of Israel.

What do these guys know.

I should really get my analysis from Chris Christie, Liz Cheney, Jake Tapper and Dana Bash.

wavycrocket wavycrocket

Putin opposes Israel so he's a "good guy"

Nuance be damned

Interview with Fiona Hill:

Putin builds a museum of Judaism in Moscow and becomes, as he says, the “patron of the Jews.” He regularly meets with one Moscow-based rabbi, Berel Lazar, and constantly repeats jokes that Lazar tells him. In fact, the rabbi reputedly becomes one of his close confidants during his first presidential term. So, Putin creates this picture of a vibrant relationship with both Israel and the remnants of Russia’s Jewish communities. Putin designates Judaism as one of the official indigenous religions of Russia alongside orthodox Christianity and Islam. He sees this as part of Russia’s greatness—as a culture housing these three great world religions, and also Buddhism to some extent. It’s not that there aren’t tensions, of course. Many of the emigre Jewish groups who have archives and materials housed in Moscow—such as the library of the late Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, for example—and want them transferred to their communities in Israel, the United States, and elsewhere, end up clashing with the Kremlin. Putin refuses to relinquish the materials because he says they are part of Russian patrimony, Russian heritage. They were written or collected on the territory of the Russian Empire or the Soviet Union, so they belong to the Russian state, not a religious community.

It's funny how everything you read about Putin screams "Russocentrist," and like every [...]centrist, they either deny the importance of what others do, or they try to appropriate what others produce as their own.

The rest of the interview goes at length about the changing winds between Russia and Israel, particularly about how Zelensky's Jewishness, Iran, and the history between the Kremlin and Chechnya play a role in Putin's realignment against Israel.

Back
Top Bottom