***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Man if you believe that Putin is in league with the Right and that the MSM doesn't cook up false narratives I'm sorry for you.
Oh God, spare me

I already stated my views.

Seems you are using this "mainstream media" thing as a crutch to prop yourself up as more knowledgeable and insightful as others. That everyone else is caught up being fed wrong info and only you are the one that can see things how they really are.

I simply think your argument is weak.

Not because of the mainstream media. It is because of observable reality.

I understand they may have a few similar objectives and end goals but it's portrayed in the media as they move in concert and work together. That is a hell of a pysch job and a lot of people fall for it.

Dude they only US "Mainstream media" I routinely watch is PBS Newshour.

Most of my knowledge on the matter is from reading foreign policy papers, the Economists, books, and listening to foreign policy experts on podcast and recorded lectures.

It is well established that Putin favors Trump. It is well established they tried to interfere with US elections to help Trump.

Someone doesn't need to watching CNN all day to know.

I some ways, the mainstream media downplays how much Putin favors Trump because they frame the Russia thing as just a partisan attack.

Ohh you forgot how all those GOP politicians visiting Putin during our independence week in 2018? They have been finding ways to get out of his way for a while now.

I’d like to see examples of these mainstream media portrayals of the GOP being aligned to the Kremlin.

Because every time the right hands Putin a W, all the articles I see go to great pains to separate the party from its leader.

The Senate kills Ukraine funding and every article is like, “Golly gee, Mitch and Lindsey really want to help, but their hands are tied up; there’s literally nothing they can do.”

Just watched the entire Putin interview :lol: dude is way smarter than any US politician in recent memory.

He went off in a 20 minute epic about Eastern European history from about 800 AD until today, 1200 years, with no notes. :lol:

We're in shambles.:lol:
Putin is a very intelligent (and extremely manipulative) guy, his career speaks for itself. I think most would agree he's up there as one of the most intelligent world leaders. If not that, certainly the most cunning of them.
I do think he's kinda lost the plot by fully invading Ukraine though. Sure he ended up assassinating Prigozhin at the end of the day, but a pre-invasion Putin would've never let someone like Prigozhin roll up on the Kremlin to depose him in the first place. The fact Prigozhin even managed to get that far through all those security checkpoints was kinda shocking.

Oh God, spare me

I already stated my views.

Seems you are using this "mainstream media" thing as a crutch to prop yourself up as more knowledgeable and insightful as others. That everyone else is caught up being fed wrong info and only you are the one that can see things how they really are.

I simply think your argument is weak.

Not because of the mainstream media. It is because of observable reality.

Dude they only US "Mainstream media" I routinely watch is PBS Newshour.

Most of my knowledge on the matter is from reading foreign policy papers, the Economists, books, and listening to foreign policy experts on podcast and recorded lectures.

It is well established that Putin favors Trump. It is well established they tried to interfere with US elections to help Trump.

Someone doesn't need to watching CNN all day to know.

I some ways, the mainstream media downplays how much Putin favors Trump because they frame the Russia thing as just a partisan attack.
Seems like you were triggered and assumed a lot of stuff I never said. I never claimed any of the:
That everyone else is caught up being fed wrong info and only you are the one that can see things how they really are.

The Economist is mainstream media.

How do you get updated daily? Are these podcasts, lectures and books updated daily and hourly?

Seems like you were triggered and assumed a lot of stuff I never said. I never claimed any of the:

Ahhhh I was triggered. I haven't heard that one before. Very original

You made an insinuation and now acting like you said nothing.

You said:

Man if you believe that Putin is in league with the Right and that the MSM doesn't cook up false narratives I'm sorry for you.

And that is what I responded to. And are making a judgment based on your behavior.

Stop throwing stones and hiding your hands

Ok cool

Give me multiple examples of them claiming Putin and the American right, using sales information

How do you get updated daily? Are these podcasts, lectures and books updated daily and hourly?

PBS NewsHour mainly, it is daily.

Then I check the AP's website sometimes

No, the podcast, lectures, and books not updated daily

I know it is surprising, but some people like to have a general knowledge base to help them understand things. And get different perspectives on a subject

BTW, where do you get all your information from that makes you such a free thinker?

The mask is coming off

This dude claimed he was anti-genocide and was angered by Palestinian deaths in Gaza

But he is perfectly fine with Putin murdering Ukrainians

Full buffoon mode

I can't tell if we're seeing a real-time TikTok radicalization, or if we're seeing a person who's view of the political world is so childish that they can only see things as a "good guys/bad guys" binary

Fascinating either way

You make an insinuation then

Ok cool

Give me multiple examples of them claiming Putin and the American right, using sales information

I know it is surprising, but some people like to have a general knowledge base to help them understand things. And get different perspectives on a subject

BTW, where do you get all your information from that makes you such a free thinker?

Cmon Rusty, we all know the Economist famous for those hyped up media narratives.

just curious, who do you think an informed person should be listening to to get the real story?

You made an insinuation and now acting like you said nothing.

You said:

And that is what I responded to. And are making a judgment based on your behavior.

Ok cool

AP? Ok, so I guess you do get your most of your news from mainstream sources. I don't see any point in continuing.

You've got a really condescending tone and it's just going to get worse from here. There's no point in talking to people like you.

Seems the US govt wants us to think Putin is Netanyahu…btw Netanyahu is a guy we give blank checks to and unlimited weapons.

Think about it.
Alternatively, you could use 2 braincells and see that Putin is a murderous dictator who assassinates or jails his political opponents at home or abroad, stifles any form of dissent, and invades non-hostile countries just because he deems them to be his rightful property. While of course killing thousands of civilians in the process.

But sure, no one could possibly think any of that is bad without the big bad US telling them it is bad.
Only the real free thinkers like you can see the truth, that poor Putin is unfairly criticized by the big bad US government and media propaganda.

Strange... I thought you had some sort of objection to killing civilians?

If there’s somebody worth watching on any of these cable shows that air when we’re getting ready for work, it’s Andrew Ross Sorkin.

Alternatively, you could use 2 braincells and see that Putin is a murderous dictator who assassinates or jails his political opponents at home or abroad, stifles any form of dissent, and invades non-hostile countries just because he deems them to be his rightful property. While of course killing thousands of civilians in the process.

But sure, no one could possibly think any of that is bad without the big bad US telling them it is bad.
Only the real free thinkers like you can see the truth, that poor Putin is unfairly criticized by the big bad US government and media propaganda.

Strange... I thought you had some sort of objection to killing civilians?

American politicians never lie.

We must always trust everything we hear on MSM about all wars and politics of other country.

God bless America
Excellent response.

American politicians never lie.

We must always trust everything we hear on MSM about all wars and politics of other country.

God bless America
Everyone in here has distrust and criticism of the mainstream media

We just think getting our news and opinions from randoms on Twitter is not a better way of doing things

Funny how people like DLF DLF and Girl Thats Jules Girl Thats Jules use this tired "mainstream media" insult

But never answer regarding how they stay informed

I would guess they know admitting it is just "random **** I see that confirms my opinions" might knock them off of that high horse

Back
Top Bottom