***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I kinda feel bad saying this, but I have the suspicion that King mainly converted to Islam so he can seem more credible when he uses the conflict in Gaza to scam folk.

1000032302.gif

Embrace hate. Don't feel bad, these left wing grifters are a scourge on society.

Didn’t watch testimony, but thought he’d take a hard right turn after leaving his position at the doj. Seems he hasn’t based on the comments here.
Here’s a little lighthearted but extremely ridiculous story about how I’m being paid rent in potatoes due to a loophole in Belgian farmland lease laws, and how our governmen finally changing those archaic laws have at long last given me the option to get rid of these damn potatoes.

Before I’ll add context, I’ll start by citing the terms of the current contract, which is in writing and approved by a judge.
My piece of farmland is valued at €11000.
Now here’s the contract, approved by a judge.
The farmer will “pay” me 40kg of potatoes a year to use my farmland, and the duration of the contract is set to essentially infinity. As in way more years than he could have left to live.
Dude personally delivers those potatoes with a big grin every year too.

As for I how I got in this ridiculous situation since back in 2017; it’s all due to a loophole in our farmland lease law. As I found out when my dad died in June 2017, he apparently owned a small piece of farmland near my home. Probably originally from his father.

With my dad’s death, I became the new owner of course. There was a pre-existing lease agreement with this same farmer but it was a verbal agreement. No paperwork was found.
This is where the loophole comes in.
This farmer went to court within days of my dad’s death and used the loophole to set the terms of the contract to whatever he wanted.
After all, there was no written agreement so I had no authority to dispute his ridiculous contract terms. That’s the loophole.
The judge of course knew the farmer was bull****ting and abusing that loophole, but the law forced the judge to approve it.

So I was stuck with zero options as the farmer refused to negotiate. I couldn’t sell my land, get the contract nullified, nothing. My only option was to wait until the farmer died, which would give me back control because there’s a written agreement now and that would result in nullification of the contract upon his death.

Anyway, the recent decree closed this loophole and made some other changes that are all a huge win for me.

1. Verbal contracts for farmland leases are now forbidden, so that closes the loophole.

2. The duration of a lease now has a cap, which is another win for me. Remember, the farmer set the duration of the lease to essentially infinity, claiming the duration as far more years than he’d ever manage to remain alive.

3. Here’s the big one. The lease can no longer be paid in services or non-monetary goods or commodities. Strictly money.

That new decree also applies retroactively to some extent, so I’m getting my local Saul Goodman involved to get my long awaited revenge on this farmer.
A loophole where you’re getting paid in potatoes? Sounds like an episode of something where the judge will make the farmer serve as your butler to remedy the situation. Hope you get what you’re owed, fam.

Not surprised at the grift, but a G for vip is cheap. If you’re gonna get over, go big.
Strange hearing. Robert Hur isn't exactly helping the Republican members of Congress. He's interrupting them to correct them mid-question and doesn't play ball at all when the Republicans try to get him to say something bad. It's looking very embarrassing for the Republicans.
The report was obviously maliciously written to seem worse than the transcripts reflect, but it's hard to square Hur's testimony with the vinctictiveness of that report.
Waiting for the fox news check to clear before picking a side maybe?

Just got an alert from espn that Aaron Rodgers may be on a third party ticket. A century from now, this point in history will be unbelievable.

Edit: unless **** continues to go like an Idiocracy sequal.

Last edited:
I have to be in the cybertruck capital of the world, I've seen 4 of em so far in austin.

Actually look pretty nice in person, smaller and less imposing than I was expecting. but def turns heads whenever one pops up.

Received props from Tucker when he announced his new show and now his first guest is Elon...Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom