***Official Political Discussion Thread***

tenor (12).gif

May God guide him.

if so, **** him. Wouldn't be farfetched as religion has often been used and weaponized by people/groups of people trying to gain and maintain political power.

This looking horrible for merrick garland
Because he appointed Hur? Making him a Special Counsel was the correct option. As for Hur's report, Garland interfering with it would've also been improper despite Hur clearly painting a misleading and vindictive narrative.
He could've picked someone other than Hur but initial reactions to his appointment seemed neutral and had relevant experience acting as the liaison between Deputy AG Rosenstein and Mueller during the Mueller investigation. He was nominated by Trump to be the US Attorney in Maryland and his confirmation vote was unanimous.

Strange hearing. Robert Hur isn't exactly helping the Republican members of Congress. He's interrupting them to correct them mid-question and doesn't play ball at all when the Republicans try to get him to say something bad. It's looking very embarrassing for the Republicans.
The report was obviously maliciously written to seem worse than the transcripts reflect, but it's hard to square Hur's testimony with the vinctictiveness of that report.

Because he appointed Hur? Making him a Special Counsel was the correct option. As for Hur's report, Garland interfering with it would've also been improper despite Hur clearly painting a misleading and vindictive narrative.
He could've picked someone other than Hur but initial reactions to his appointment seemed neutral and had relevant experience acting as the liaison between Deputy AG Rosenstein and Mueller during the Mueller investigation. He was nominated by Trump to be the US Attorney in Maryland and his confirmation vote was unanimous.

Garland was a poor choice for the position from the start.. but he had to be well aware of hur’s background and republicans desperation

I get for appearances he has to appoint someone, but you gotta find someone significantly better/cleaner and I’m sure he had no shortage of options

Garland was a poor choice for the position from the start.. but he had to be well aware of hur’s background and republicans desperation

I get for appearances he has to appoint someone, but you gotta find someone significantly better/cleaner and I’m sure he had no shortage of options
Idk, I've been following this Rober Hurt hearing and it's very strange.
Based on how he's conducting himself in this hearing, I find it hard to square his behavior with the language he used in his report.
He's really not giving Republicans anything to work with in this hearing, and he's using stalling and other tactics to avoid playing along with overtly political questions.

When Garland first appointed him, I don't recall any real concerns. He seemed to be well respected, as seen by his unanimous confirmation vote.
If you take away the misleading language about Biden's memory, I'd actually describe the report as quite charitable to Biden overall.

Last edited:
I kinda feel bad saying this, but I have the suspicion that King mainly converted to Islam so he can seem more credible when he uses the conflict in Gaza to scam folk.
Is he serious in his religious convictions? No he’s not.

Did he just set up potentially the funniest Kufi smacking incident of all time? Yes he did.

Will he try to scam a few NOI guys and do so on Camera? Will the footage of him getting smacked be replayed in slow motion over and over? Will that footage be played all over the internet with music from Dune 2 playing over it? Will he also get hit in the face with a bean pie? Maybe, time will tell.

Idk, I've been following this Rober Hurt hearing and it's very strange.
Based on how he's conducting himself in this hearing, I find it hard to square his behavior with the language he used in his report.
He's really not giving Republicans anything to work with in this hearing, and he's using stalling and other tactics to avoid playing along with overtly political questions.

When Garland first appointed him, I don't recall any real concerns. He seemed to be well respected, as seen by his unanimous confirmation vote.
If you take away the misleading language about Biden's memory, I'd actually describe the report as quite charitable to Biden overall.

I think garland would have been a good judge in a far less politically charged time

And I get appointing someone who wouldn’t give off the appearance of bias, but you can’t get someone with the times he had to trump’s administration.. plus I remember reading something on dude having a connection to Steve Bannon

You gotta get one of them old time republicans who got some sense of justice and won’t put party over country

But this hearing is a mess, republicans are mad at dude for not going far enough and his hit job was evident now they we can see the words in the report

Alright the Special Counsel Robert Hur testimony just finished.
I have watched the hearing in full.

In summary, this was a very bizarre hearing as I mentioned earlier.
I have read Hur's full report, as well as the associated transcripts. I think the language about Biden's memory is at best grossly politicized, and at worst a malicious and vindictive hit job.
On the other hand, I think the report overall (excluding the memory part in the conclusion) is generally quite charitable to Biden and other persons. So that's already an odd contradiction there.

Naturally I expected this hearing to be quite a ****show, given the language in the report. I figured John Durham would probably be a close comparison.
However it's like a different dude showed up to the hearing.
I think Hur came off as professional, and much to my surprise he seemed pretty intent on not wanting to play ball with the Republicans' games.
He did defend his report, including the parts about Biden's memory, and stood by that. But he'd also repeatedly shut down and correct attempts by Republicans to make Biden appear worse.

So I don't know what's going on there. If this hearing was meant to be Hur's continuation of a hit job, he did a really bad job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom