***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm also curious as to what's up with the SDNY. Supposedly Braggs office asked for all the relevant information a year ago or whatever, and just two months ago Trump subpoenas them and they dump an additional 100k documents and maybe more that they did not give to Bragg. Can someone in the legal field please explain what's up? Like what is happening bro

I'm also curious as to what's up with the SDNY. Supposedly Braggs office asked for all the relevant information a year ago or whatever, and just two months ago Trump subpoenas them and they dump an additional 100k documents and maybe more that they did not give to Bragg. Can someone in the legal field please explain what's up? Like what is happening bro

Disclaimer: I’m neither American or a lawyer, however I have consumed an ungodly amount of US law analysis (podcasts, books, articles, …)

What appears to have happened here is that Bragg’s office complied with the subpoena, but it turns out SDNY has a whole bunch of additional documents that should’ve been shared with Bragg long ago.
It’s unclear why they weren’t.

Trump is trying every delay tactic in the book and he got lucky that there appears to have been some miscommunication between SDNY and Bragg’s office.

Alternatively, Bragg could’ve been improperly withholding discovery materials until now.
Trump’s team is claiming foul play; Bragg’s office is pointing the finger at Trump for issuing that subpoena so late in the process. Bragg doesn’t address how or why the SDNY documents weren’t shared sooner.

As a personal note, I wouldn’t get your hopes up for this trial. It’s using some novel legal theory that hasn’t been tested before. Prominant non-Republican lawyers (also not ‘TV lawyers’) have questioned the strength of the case since the beginning.

Last edited:

ATLANTA (AP) — The judge in the Georgia election interference case against Donald Trump and others said Friday that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis must step aside from Trump case or remove the special prosecutor with whom she had a romantic relationship before case can proceed.

Willis and special prosecutor Nathan Wade testified at a hearing last month that they had engaged in a romantic relationship, but they rejected the idea that Willis improperly benefited from it as lawyers for Trump and some of his co-defendants alleged.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said he found the “allegations and evidence legally insufficient to support a finding of an actual conflict of interest.” However, he found there remains an “appearance of impropriety.”

“Even if the romantic relationship began after SADA Wade’s initial contract in November 2021, the District Attorney chose to continue supervising and paying Wade while maintaining such a relationship. She further allowed the regular and loose exchange of money between them without any exact or verifiable measure of reconciliation,” the judge wrote.

An attorney for co-defendant Michael Roman asked McAfee to dismiss the indictment and prevent Willis and Wade and their offices from continuing to prosecute the case. The attorney, Ashleigh Merchant, alleged that Willis paid Wade large sums for his work and then improperly benefited from the prosecution of the case when Wade used his earnings to pay for vacations for the two of them.

Willis had insisted that the relationship created no financial or personal conflict of interest that justified removing her office from the case. She and Wade both testified that their relationship began in the spring of 2022 and ended in the summer of 2023. They both said that Willis either paid for things herself or used cash to reimburse Wade for travel expenses.

Given that the scripture is "faith without works is dead", she just gave a real description of the modern maga Christian. They can just say they believe and actually do nothing.
Their words and actions are completely opposite of what being 'Christ-like' is all about.

But this is what Christian Nationalism is these days, so they find it acceptable.

False prophets preaching the prosperity gospel and false doctrines that benefit themselves.

Be nice if every POC boycotted going on Joe Rogan's show and clearly stated why.

If you are a popular black comedian and you disagree with Joe Rogan.
You should go on Joe Rogan's platform and explain why you disagree,

the whole progressive instinct to boycott popular platforms and ideas has been a giant failure, so at some point you have to adjust.

If you are a popular black comedian and you disagree with Joe Rogan.
You should go on Joe Rogan's platform and explain why you disagree,

the whole progressive instinct to boycott popular platforms and ideas has been a giant failure, so at some point you have to adjust.

So a popular black comedian should provide Rogan with more $$ and traffic to his platform that they already disagree with?

My issue with the whole "boycotts" is that they're so vocal about it that it does the direct opposite of what they're trying to achieve.

So a popular black comedian should provide Rogan with more $$ and traffic to his platform that they already disagree with?

YES.

1. you can't change people's mind by ignoring them.
2. Joe Rogans audience is filled with non political normies, it's not like it's not like it's a fox news audience.

and even if it was, I think it's good when Pete Buttiegeg goes Fox News and challeneges people.

again this whole idea that pretending these platforms don't exist will make them go away is just silly, and i think it's extra silly given that Donald Trump is currently winning the election dispute being banned off of everything.

3. Rogan is rich with or without you.

If you're going to do it though at least challenge him, folks don't seem to do that.

i agree, going on and challenging him so his gigantic audience of young males hears and opposing view
is way more valuable than any boycott.

you can't boycott the most popular english language podcast in the world out of existence.

The democrats is losing support with younger men, white black and latino.
why you would ignore a platform filled with young men?

Fani needs to step down in the YSL Rico more importantly. She clearly cannot be trusted to do her job in an ethical way.

FREE THUG
1710067411351.gif

Sure Democrats should be open to going on it.

Does Rogan even want these Democrats on?

We are acting like it is all on the Democrats but Rogan is a right wing racist that likes to talk about politics a certain way.

He was is a delusional egotistical white man

Do we really think he will be down for a constant stream of liberals to be on his show?

Even when one someone challenges him he just laughs things of like he is a non political meathead.

Secondly I think people are over estimating the political benefit to going on Rogan.

Whenever I see this pic I think a lot of things, one of which is what a goddamn nerd

IMG_3614.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom