***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The economy is going to improve-- barring unforeseen circumstances-- regardless of who is President. We're already seeing underlying signs of recovery.

For real though people need to quit blaming the president for their problems. Nobody gonna hold your hand to get a job or get that pay raise.

Same people thinking Obama didn't do **** for them are the same people looking for a handout :smh:

Like I've heard someone say, I don't know a lot of people who are really good at what they do for a living out of a job, granted its a blanket statement and not completely true but ya'll know what I'm gettin at.

Last edited:
They don't see it as a vote for Romney, more like a vote against Obama

EXACTLY. It's also pretty sad for the Republican party when you have to CHEAT TO SEAL A VICTORY.

WASHINGTON — Sporadic problems were reported Tuesday at polling places around the country, many in Pennsylvania including a confrontation involving Republican inspectors over access to some polls and a voting machine that lit up for Republican Mitt Romney even when a voter pressed the button for President Barack Obama.

One Florida elections office mistakenly told voters in robocalls the election was on Wednesday.

Although the majority of complaints were about extremely long lines, the Election Protection coalition of civil rights and voting access groups said they had gotten some more serious calls among more than 69,000 received on a toll-free voter protection hotline.

"The calls have been hot and heavy all day long," said Barbara Arnwine, president of the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

In Philadelphia, the Republican Party said 75 legally credentialed voting inspectors were blocked from polling places in the heavily Democratic city, prompting the GOP to obtain a court order providing them access. Local prosecutors were also looking into the reports. Democratic Party officials did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Also in central Pennsylvania, officials said the voting machine that switched a person's vote from Obama to Romney has been recalibrated and is back in service.

Pennsylvania Department of State spokesman Ron Ruman said the Perry County voter notified elections officials of the problem after trying to cast his ballot Tuesday. Video of what Ruman called a "momentary glitch" was widely viewed on YouTube.

Pennsylvania was also the scene of what a state Common Cause official called "widespread" confusion over voter ID requirements. The state this year enacted a new photo ID requirement but it was put on hold for Tuesday's election by a judge amid concern many voters would not be able to comply on time.

Barry Kauffman, executive director of Common Cause in Pennsylvania, said election workers in many places were demanding IDs even though they are not required. It was unclear, however, just how many voters may have been turned away or discouraged.

"There seems to be a lot of confusion about voter ID. Apparently the poll workers were not adequately trained," he said.

Not really too familiar with all of this....but when do we start getting a realistic picture on the voting results? At what point tonight?

Read your first three words.
I did, but I don't come and post "(You pick the president) F*k'd up the economy" unless you're just a hard headed Rep or Democrat who just wants to point blame because it's not the President you're party affiliated with.. I'm Independent, I voted for Obama last go round.. 

everyone says that cliche
laugh.gif
. Bush didn't really **** it up. It was a ticking time bomb. Our economy hasn't really ever been **** since FDR was in office.
EXACTLY!!!! very few people understand that because they have their Red/Blue glasses on... 

EXACTLY. It's also pretty sad for the Republican party when you have to CHEAT TO SEAL A VICTORY.
WASHINGTON — Sporadic problems were reported Tuesday at polling places around the country, many in Pennsylvania including a confrontation involving Republican inspectors over access to some polls and a voting machine that lit up for Republican Mitt Romney even when a voter pressed the button for President Barack Obama.
One Florida elections office mistakenly told voters in robocalls the election was on Wednesday.
Although the majority of complaints were about extremely long lines, the Election Protection coalition of civil rights and voting access groups said they had gotten some more serious calls among more than 69,000 received on a toll-free voter protection hotline.
"The calls have been hot and heavy all day long," said Barbara Arnwine, president of the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
In Philadelphia, the Republican Party said 75 legally credentialed voting inspectors were blocked from polling places in the heavily Democratic city, prompting the GOP to obtain a court order providing them access. Local prosecutors were also looking into the reports. Democratic Party officials did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Also in central Pennsylvania, officials said the voting machine that switched a person's vote from Obama to Romney has been recalibrated and is back in service.
Pennsylvania Department of State spokesman Ron Ruman said the Perry County voter notified elections officials of the problem after trying to cast his ballot Tuesday. Video of what Ruman called a "momentary glitch" was widely viewed on YouTube.
Pennsylvania was also the scene of what a state Common Cause official called "widespread" confusion over voter ID requirements. The state this year enacted a new photo ID requirement but it was put on hold for Tuesday's election by a judge amid concern many voters would not be able to comply on time.
Barry Kauffman, executive director of Common Cause in Pennsylvania, said election workers in many places were demanding IDs even though they are not required. It was unclear, however, just how many voters may have been turned away or discouraged.
"There seems to be a lot of confusion about voter ID. Apparently the poll workers were not adequately trained," he said.

Where is the republican cheating you speak of? So is what i highlighted then the Dems cheating?

Last edited:
Apparently Romney's internal polling conceded Ohio to the President by 5 pts......if true then that is not good at all for his prospects (this is according to CNN)

I just came from the polling stations and the volunteers are either morons or don't want you to vote. I go to the front desk and give them my ID, they tell me my ED is 44. Wait half an hour on the ED 44 line and when I get to the front they can't find me in the book so they check another book to tell me my ED is 43. I explain to them the front desk told me my ED was 44 and show them a paper the front desk gave me saying my ED was 44. They admit to their mistake, apologize, and tell me I still have to stand on the ED 43 line which is twice the size of the line I was just on. After giving them a piece of my mind I just showed them my largest finger and went home. So heated right now.

Didn't republicans just destroy a study that said trickle down economics doesn't work?

Voted earlier.

The first polls close in a few minutes so here we go

Blame your boss for not getting a pay raise.
This. There's only two people at fault here. Yourself and your employer. At some point you know you're going to have to take responsibility for your own Misfortune. If you find that you aren't making enough money, pick up new skills or improve your work ethics to make yourself more valuable. And hopefully your employer will take note.

Last edited:
Hey_

I just came from the polling stations and the volunteers are either morons or don't want you to vote. I go to the front desk and give them my ID, they tell me my ED is 44. Wait half an hour on the ED 44 line and when I get to the front they can't find me in the book so they check another book to tell me my ED is 43. I explain to them the front desk told me my ED was 44 and show them a paper the front desk gave me saying my ED was 44. They admit to their mistake, apologize, and tell me I still have to stand on the ED 43 line which is twice the size of the line I was just on. After giving them a piece of my mind I just showed them my largest finger and went home. So heated right now.

I know you mad bruh,

but get back out there.

"They gon' get this vote!"

Julius F. Wrek

You should have to provide ID in order to vote.

Also, ideally, you should have to take a short test in order to vote as well. Something that shows you even slightly understand the policies and views youre supporting by voting for whoever. It would weed out of lot of the people just voting for dumb reasons such as race. That isnt practical though.

Back
Top Bottom