***Official Political Discussion Thread***

JD is a low level lapdog for trump, another white guy that underperformed in the senate election that trump wants around just so he has peace and mind of not getting stabbed in the back

ohio could barely stand him despite being a red state as of recent, he’s a complete suck up ala pence and genuinely has a grating personality even right wingers will loathe

the one scary thing about him though is peter thiels backing of him who has his own agenda (and it’s probably not good)

Last edited:
JD Vance is real bad news.

Not because he'll help Trump win. Trump's probably already won and VPs don't seem to matter either way.

It's that JD Vance is far more purposeful authoritarian and seems to be earnestly working towards a form of right wing facism lite.

that's respectable sounding enough for elite institutions to embrace.

Donald Trump administration is inheriting an economy getting over inflation primed for an interest rate cut.

All goes well JD Vance inherits the Trump base and wins back over the suburban and exurban Republicans Joe Biden won in 2020.

Sotomayor dies, it's a 7-2 court, Thomas retires and then Alito in JD Vance's second term.

This could all go really really bad.
Not that I necessarily disagree but how is he much worse than Rubio or others that were in the running?

JD is a low level lapdog for trump, another white guy that underperformed in the senate election that trump wants around just so he has peace and mind of not getting stabbed in the back

ohio could barely stand him despite being a red state as of recent, he’s a complete suck up ala pence

the one scary thing about him though is peter thiels backing of him who has his own agenda (and it’s not good)
I forgot about that, what do you think Thiels plan is?

I remember a year or so ago he even started backing English candidates, which is curious to me....

ohio could barely stand him despite being a red state as of recent, he’s a complete suck up ala pence

the one scary thing about him though is peter thiels backing of him who has his own agenda (and it’s probably not good)

Imo you're underestimating him,

he's a smart guy and has real policy goals and the smarts to make them happen.

JD Vance is real bad news.

Not because he'll help Trump win. Trump's probably already won and VPs don't seem to matter either way.

It's that JD Vance is far more purposeful authoritarian and seems to be earnestly working towards a form of right wing facism lite.

that's respectable sounding enough for elite institutions to embrace.

Donald Trump administration is inheriting an economy getting over inflation primed for an interest rate cut.

All goes well JD Vance inherits the Trump base and wins back over the suburban and exurban Republicans Joe Biden won in 2020.

Sotomayor dies, it's a 7-2 court, Thomas retires and then Alito in JD Vance's second term.

This could all go really really bad.
I am not gonna doom about potential Supreme Court scenarios. I all that is certain for sure is Thomas is getting replaced with someone way younger. So it shuts the door on the 2% chance of the Court flipping within the next 15 years.

Vance is dangerous but the thing that will hurt him most is him name being attached to Trump's policies.

If Trump puts in his tariffs and do more tax cuts, inflation will jump and so will interest rates

Trump is planning on gutting the ACA and I think he will go after SALT too.

Even if Biden was 10 years younger, the reason Trump had the edge this year was inflation.

He might make the problem worse, and then leave JD holding the bag.

Wild thing is, Dems winning the House might be better for Vance's political prospects long term. Because the ACA would stay in place and the Trump tax cuts will expire.

But then again, the Universe seems to be turning MAGA as well. So the GOP might be in for another massive run of luck

Click on the tweet and read the thread
didn't learn much from reading the tweets and article unfortunately is behind a paywall.
It doesn't

It's a part of the solution not the solution

It's better than tax breaks, essentially the one phrase answer republicans have regurgitated for 60 years
Part of the solution and not the solution makes sense. i am blind to the corporate rent im strictly speaking about residential
Tax breaks as you mentioned does not to me seem to be the answer either
I think there just needs to be incentives for people to build more housing,

The polls showing split tickets is a reminder that whether it’s Joe or someone else they need to shore up the base in hurry. I suspect this will happen after the DNC. Prices going down and inflation easing up will be big for our side.

I worry more about Vance in power than at the ballot box

In a partisan environment with a electoral college environment he will be strong

But Vance ran nearly 2 points behind Trump in Ohio, in a environment that was 4-6 points more friendly to the GOP

If it were a purple state, he had a good chance at losing. He will have the MAGA coalition, but he isn't Trump

Imo you're underestimating him,

he's a smart guy and has real policy goals and the smarts to make them happen.
i don’t doubt he’s not an idiot, but i think the surface level things will grate on swing voters and hurt don’s chances a little bit

republicans are gonna highlight his youth and being upholden to trump policies and that’s all

he does nothing for women and minorities, gonna be easily held under a hypocritical lense (dude called trump hitler) and is the known to hang wi th teenage nazis

i think at best for don this does nothing for in terms of his election chances but yeah if he’s in the whitehouse goddamn we are screwed

I am not gonna doom about potential Supreme Court scenarios. I all that is certain for sure is Thomas is getting replaced with someone way younger. So it shuts the door on the 2% chance of the Court flipping within the next 15 years.

Vance is dangerous but the thing that will hurt him most is him name being attached to Trump's policies.

If Trump puts in his tariffs and do more tax cuts, inflation will jump and so will interest rates

Even if Biden was 10 years younger, the reason Trump had the edge this year was inflation.

Wild thing is, Dems winning the House might be better for Vance's political prospects long term. Because the ACA would stay in place and the Trump tax cuts will expire.

But then again, the Universe seems to be turning MAGA as well. So the GOP might be in for another massive run of luck

I for one would LOVE to hear from all the fringe MAGA lunatics what their response will be once they see inflation go UP when their exhaulted one get back in office. They are so freaking stupid that they honestly don't believe anything bad will happen to them and everything will be sunshine & unicorn farts. Little do they know how much things are gonna cost once he gets back in power. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I always say, 1 out of every 3 Trump supporter are as dumb as the other 2. And it's 100% true.

IMG_0653.jpeg

the future is hard to predict of course,
but with JD i feel like the tail risk outcomes have gotten worse.

the future is hard to predict of course,
but with JD i feel like the tail risk outcomes have gotten worse.
Yeah of course

Vance is a is a ideolog and a crazy person.

But he comes off as dangerous as Mr. Rodgers in interviews.

He is extremely dangerous if he gets power.

Like even this new article should terrify people...

This exchange is wild...

On several other occasions — most recently during his interview with Stephanopoulos — Vance has suggested that a second-term President Trump should summarily fire a significant number of midlevel federal bureaucrats, and if the Supreme Court steps intervenes to stop him, he should openly defy its order.
I asked him if this was an accurate description of his views.
“Yup,” he said.
I asked him to explain.
“For me, this is not a limited-government thing — this is a democracy thing. Like, you need the bureaucracy to be responsive to the elected branches of government,” he said. “The counterargument is, you know, ‘Aren’t you promoting a constitutional crisis?’ And my response is no — I’m recognizing a constitutional crisis. If the elected president says, ‘I get to control the staff of my own government,’ and the Supreme Court steps in and says, ‘You’re not allowed to do that’ — like, that is the constitutional crisis. It’s not whatever Trump or whoever else does in response. When the Supreme Court tells the president he can’t control the government anymore, we need to be honest about what’s actually going on.”
There is a lot that the country still doesn’t know about J.D. Vance, but as I walked away from our final conversation, I realized that Vance had just told me what kind of leader he aspires to be. Charles de Gaulle was prepared to transform his country’s entire constitutional system to preserve what he believed to be the essence of his beloved nation. So is J.D. Vance.

Last edited:
Didn’t Vance say Project 2025 has some good ideas just a few days ago? If Trump weren’t running this would be terrible for our side. This will be all about GOTV efforts.

Back
Top Bottom