***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The amount of people sharing Kamala Harris's record as a prosecutor, including allegations like 15k marijuana convictions while using weed herself, withholding evidence that could exonerate a death row inmate, and keeping inmates past their release dates for cheap labor, is gaining traction. Whether these claims are accurate or not, they are circulating widely and sparking discussions across various platforms. The streets are talking ....
The streets in Leningrad and Moscow are definitely talking. Russia is going into overdrive. Putin got da computers Putin

You definitely know Gavin Newsom more than I do.

But from what I’ve seen and heard. He can go toe to toe. He won’t allow himself to get bullied. He’s sharp on that stage man.

He actually reminds me of a young Biden. I seen videos of Biden in his prime. He was talented.
He got destroyed by DeSantis in their Hannity clown debate last Nov. It was embarrassing to anyone progressive. He’s not even a great debater.

I’m definitely not denying that for the anti-Semites that him being Jewish is a problem. He’s also the only one of the 3 who I’ve read declare themselves a Zionist.

Anyways, Kamala already outflanking Biden to the left here.

tbh i think the only reason white evangelicals like a Roy Cooper doesn't call himself a zionist is because for 90% of people
zionist just means jew.

but either way, I don't want to test the irrationality of americans obsessed with this issue.

Im leaning towards Andy now.

tbh i think the only reason white evangelicals like a Roy Cooper doesn't call himself a zionist is because for 90% of people
zionist just means jew.

but either way, I don't want to test the irrationality of americans obsessed with this issue.

Im leaning towards Andy.
I agree with the conflation of Zionist/Jew because of AS.

I think it’ll end up being Andy. I think that crazy MAGA Black Guy becomes the Governor if Cooper leaves so Andy makes the most sense.

gotta be a skeleton in his closet somewhere.

1721689099208.png

Idk what initiated it but too much kendrick/drake conversation bleeding into the last few pages. Mixed race, married to a jewish man —Harris’ blackness was going to be challenged and scrutinized even if the rap beef didn’t exist.

Tim walz would be good, he’s old and white :lol: and actually does progressive things and has the workers back unlike newsom.

Peep mn, job market. We’re killing it an actually have good jobs and state mandated sick pay.

The amount of people sharing Kamala Harris's record as a prosecutor, including allegations like 15k marijuana convictions while using weed herself, withholding evidence that could exonerate a death row inmate, and keeping inmates past their release dates for cheap labor, is gaining traction. Whether these claims are accurate or not, they are circulating widely and sparking discussions across various platforms. The streets are talking ....

We progressives care about that so it was an issue to attack her with in Democratic primaries but it will not have the same impact with republicans.
Republicans want to be tough on crime (throw away the key) so if anything is should resonate with them.
She may even get a police union endorsement for it lol

Idk what initiated it but too much kendrick/drake conversation bleeding into the last few pages. Mixed race, married to a jewish man —Harris’ blackness was going to be challenged and scrutinized even if the rap beef didn’t exist.
Again

No one blames the rap beef

I just pointed out how stupid the "he/she isn't black" rhetoric is. And that people didn't realize that because of the context

I know it was gonna happen anyway

It happened in here already a while back

^this is why I am not worried about the black vote. These ************* are going to offend us so much we’re going to vote against them as much as we do Kamala.

This actually had me curse out loud when I saw it. Trump really got the one guy less likable than him to be his VP.

Well let's be honest, it's because he's Jewish.

Most of the people withholding their votes due to Gaza were Bernie Sanders supporters.

We obviously have an ontological disagree over Zionism and its relationship to Judaism. But clearly, the sort of voters who are at risk of defecting from the Democratic coalition see a hard distinction between Jewish politicians and Zionist politicians.

And yes, Bernie is a mild Zionist in that he believes that Israel has a right to exist as a political entity but he’s very critical of the tiered citizenship, the killing of civilians, the checkpoints, and seems willing to withhold military aid from Israel if he were president right now.

Shapiro and most US politicians are hard Zionists in that they may do a little hand ringing but they are mostly fine with the status quo but in the region and back here in the US with regard to anti BDS laws.

If you put a hard Zionist gentile like Ritchie Torres in the VP spot they would have similar issues with certain parts of the left flank of the party.

Antisemitism in the US is largely an outgrowth of anti Blackness/white supremacy. American anti semites hate the Jews who they see as promoting desegregation, civil rights, Black music, and helping refugees get into the country.

US based anti semites generally support Israel because it removes Jews from the US, and will hasten the Rapture. But if you intend to stick around and be a woke professor, activist, lawyer, politician, or entertainment figure, the antisemites of the US, who are almost entirely housed on the Right, will hate you.

The left hates Zionism, the right hates Jewish social Justice allies, and the number of American who, per se, hate all Jews is vanishing small.

Black women been catching heat if they married white dudes from time

Have to feel optimistic Kamala can gain ground with the Arab voters. At least some distance between her and Biden on Gaza

They took out their anger and will see they helped scrap Biden and vote intelligently for their interests

Lived experience is lived experience

Just like a lot of rap social media accounts inevitably tell on themselves

But Kamala is actually a black American and went to an HBCU and pledged a black frat.. I’d expect her to be more knowledgeable about black American culture
I agree. I think Kamala was definitely more in tuned with her AA side than Drake was growing up. As someone who also attended a HBCU and is from CA, I can't imagine someone going all the way to Howard from CA if they weren't in tune with their AA culture. The idea that she had this grand scheme of cosplaying as a Black woman because she was going to run for public office one day is ridiculous. I don't even know how someone who went to college in 1986 would think cosplaying as a black woman in the US would be beneficial to their future career.

Back
Top Bottom