***Official Political Discussion Thread***

We progressives care about that so it was an issue to attack her with in Democratic primaries but it will not have the same impact with republicans.
Republicans want to be tough on crime (throw away the key) so if anything is should resonate with them.
She may even get a police union endorsement for it lol

The objective of the discourse is not to sway entrenched voters, but rather to appeal to swing voters, typically the minority. The propaganda focuses not on major offenses, but on perceived inconsistencies and injustices involving Vice President Harris. Specific points include her marijuana use despite prosecuting 15k marijuana cases, allegations of suppressing exculpatory evidence in death row cases, and prolonging sentences to exploit cheap labor. These issues particularly resonate with minority communities who often find themselves targeted in such situations. Instances such as wrongful arrests based on stereotypes ("I smell marijuana, step out please") and allegations of evidence tampering further fuel the current wave of pervasive messaging.

People might dismiss these concerns as naive, but the ongoing high-profile trials, such as the Karen Reed case alleging systemic framing and the YSL Rico case highlighting prosecutorial bias and judicial misconduct, are extensively discussed on social media. These narratives, depicting authorities as deceitful and manipulative, effectively capitalize on the insecurities of swing voters from minority backgrounds.

As far as the VP and their view on Gaza, I don't think it matters one way or the other

The Dems were already in line to lose some Arab Muslim support this cycle

I think Harris being on the ticket might claw back some people that completely wrote Biden off. But I don't think it will make a real tangible difference in the election results.

Dems are really trying to throw the election away.

These fragile mfs in this country will not allow a woman to be president, let alone a "minority" woman. And women will vote again a woman as has been shown with Hillary. You should see all the women that had an orgasm after Trump survived the assassination.

A successor to biden should have been thought out the moment he got elected to the presidency not during a crisis mode and out of desperation.
It's crazy because I was talking to my wife earlier, and she was baffled by the number of professional and highly educated women at her office (educators), some of whom are minorities, saying they aren't voting or can't vote for Kamala because they see her as weak. I've subsequently heard similar arguments from others. If you're a Democrat, this is a real concern that needs to be addressed quickly.

1721695980005.png

Oh No …Democrats are not in disarray….

If you’ve looked at the data white males 35-45 will probably have the most direct impact on which way this election swings.

It will be a slog to move the needle with that voting bloc, but Joe was tanking by 20-25pts compared to 2020 in that demo.

It's so wild that a state like Kentucky can vote this dude in for governor, but keeps voting in nitwits like McConnell and Rand Paul to the Senate. They basically cancel each other out.
It’s not that wild when you know their history. They had democratic governors to balance out more republicans in their state offices from about 1970-2003. Beshear’s dad was elected for similar reasoning after 3 republican terms that followed. It’s almost like the state has historically tried to have some kind of check on not going too far right, not that it’s worked out in favor of Kentuckians.

It’s not that wild when you know their history. They had democratic governors to balance out more republicans in their state offices from about 1970-2003. Beshear’s dad was elected for similar reasoning after 3 republican terms that followed. It’s almost like the state has historically tried to have some kind of check on not going too far right, not that it’s worked out in favor of Kentuckians.

Washington was kind of weird for a few decades as well. We haven't had a Republican governor since the first Reagan admin. We had two Republican Senators for a brief time in the 80s, but once Slade Gorton left in 2000, it's been two Dems. It's firmly a blue state, whereas it used to be the opposite: Republican governor, Dem Senators (Magnuson and Jackson, who were incredibly powerful).

Back
Top Bottom