***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Not surprising Not Like Us avatar has this take.

I guess Trump's only mistake was not getting Omarosa to do it. 🤷‍♂️

Kamala could come out and say she doesn’t identify as black for all I care.

With that being said I don’t want to watch a white man with a history of racist comments and actions comment on her blackness.

I honestly don’t want to hear white peoples opinions on blackness period. Go make some potato salad.

Say what you want about Democrats, but I've never seen such vile propaganda as I have with the Republicans.

"Joe and the ***"
"Kamala the throat goat"
Pictures of Biden tied up in a trunk
"Fk Joe Biden"

And to think...inclusion and giving a marginalized people rights is what is stopping you from voting Dem? And you don't have hatred in your heart? And you're talking about indoctrination?

Hmmm.
I believe you're referring to the politicians themselves. The behavior displayed when a Republican voter speaks in front of a Democrat voter can be quite absurd. Both sides have their extremists and exhibit similar negative traits. I can't stand either side; they both consist of vile and foul individuals.

With that being said I don’t want to watch a white man with a history of racist comments and actions comment on her blackness.

I honestly don’t want to hear white peoples opinions on blackness period. Go make some potato salad.

so what you're saying is the argument is valid.
but emotionally it's too triggering to hear it come from a Trump?

couldn't be me, but hey everyone's different. 🤷‍♂️

I believe you're referring to the politicians themselves. The behavior displayed when a Republican voter speaks in front of a Democrat voter can be quite absurd. Both sides have their extremists and exhibit similar negative traits. I can't stand either side; they both consist of vile and foul individuals.
Not only the politicians.

I have yet to see any confederate flags, nazi swastikas, **** TRUMP on a democrats lawn. I'm sure there are some, but definitely not as prevalent and hateful as most republicans.

Unless you also see as Black Lives Matter or Gay/LGBTQ+ Pride flags equally as offensive as the ones mentioned above?

So I don't get it, white people are saying Jamaicans aren't black?

there is an argument made in certain black male online subcultures. that if you are not a "american descendants of slavery "
you aren't really black.

trump thinks if he can play on this tension with the black community he can get more black male votes, or lower black turnout.

Atlanta has a scene that directly makes fun of this concept;

Even if she came out and said she identifies as Indian not Black, it doesn’t change the fact Trump is a racist piece of **** in every aspect.

Thats why I cant get with making this about her race when no matter what she identifies as, there’s no way you’re telling me Trump is a better option for our community? :lol:

“I don’t like that Kamala is part-Indian so I’m gonna go kick it with the confederate flag boys” ******* idiots.

Hoteps don't vote, Trump's wasting his time

have they ever had a political candidate directly try to appeal to them?

again I don't know if it will work.
but i find the willingness of some people to dismiss it out of hand unwise.

Biden won by 44k votes across 3 states. Literally every vote counts.

I guess you conveniently missed the statement where I specifically stated that I have no hatred in my heart for anyone. You're creating false narratives. Again, you don't know me to make that kind of judgement. Disagreeing with a lifestyle doesn't make me hateful or transphobic. I have love for all good humans. 2 things can be true as the same time.

These types of people always tell on themselves. Same exact thing all the racists and bigots say.

"I'm not racist, I like the good black people, I just don't like the thugs"

"I'm not racist, I like the legal immigrants, just don't like the illegal ones"

"I don't hate gay people, i like the normal ones, I just don't like the ones that act gay"

Just own up to what you are instead of trying to convince yourself you're something you're not

the idea that if she went to yale, or whatever instead of howard that would make her less black
is also hilarious to me.
Nobody is saying if she had gone to another college it’d make her less Black.

The point we’re making is if a biracial person was somehow trying to deny or hide their blackness, they absolutely wouldn’t attend an HBCU and join a Black sorority/fraternity.

Even if she came out and said she identifies as Indian not Black, it doesn’t change the fact Trump is a racist piece of **** in every aspect.

Thats why I cant get with making this about her race when no matter what she identifies as, there’s no way you’re telling me Trump is a better option for our community? :lol:

“I don’t like that Kamala is part-Indian so I’m gonna go kick it with the confederate flag boys” ******* idiots.
What changed for Trump? Is he genuinely a racist, or is he pandering to the majority of his base? Not to say that either is acceptable.

Before his presidency, he had a Black partner, many Black friends, and received awards from Black communities. He was frequently seen within the Black community. What were his motives back then?

the idea that if she went to yale, or whatever instead of howard that would make her less black
is also hilarious to me.
I think were she went to college and what sorority she pledged is an important point to mention because Trump, republicans, and the medium value men coalition attacking her are arguing she didn't identify as black until recently

Which is untrue. And her choice of university is early counterpoint to their claims

I think were she went to college and what sorority she pledged is an important point to mention because Trump, republicans, and the medium value men coalition attacking her are arguing she didn't identify as black until recently

Which is untrue. And her choice of university is early counterpoint to their claims
Ah well in response to that, I get that.

is also hilarious to me.

Dawg….i think you need to sit THIS one particularly out.

There are some cultural US things regarding HBCU’s that I think you may just be a little tone death on.

Of course the college you choose to go to, does not equate your level of blackness. However, when you choose to attend an historically black college. And then choose to pledge to a black sorority….

That’s some black *** ****. I’m sorry, anyway you slice it lmao. And it further shows someone who’s personal identity and experience are that of someone that sees themselves as black in American society, and is proud of it and wants to highlight it.

Especially in the 80s & 90s at HBCUs, and how they were viewed (still viewed) at the time by the larger, dominant society. Even a Howard or Spelman or Morehouse in the US at those times we’re just seen as lower level black colleges that are not up to par intellectually or their student bodies can’t compete with the PWIs. Especially state school.

If there is a mixed brother that chooses Morehouse over UGA, and pledges to be a Que dawg….

That says a lot about how he views himself in society. As a black man.

Back
Top Bottom