***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm on sick leave for the rest of the week due to a severe epilepsy attack yesterday so I was thinking I might do a thorough review of the full Project 2025. Not merely what commentators or the media have shown, but to actually read the whole thing myself. My brain is already fried from the epileptic seizure so this seems like perfect timing.
If there are any masochists here, you can read the full document here: https://www.project2025.org/playbook/

First though I have a few questions. This is a 922 page document so obviously I can't and wouldn't post every single unhinged policy.
1. What topics does the thread find most pertinent? I will add the PDF's chapter list below for reference.

2. It's my understanding that the regulars in this thread are mostly black, so are there any particular concerns I should look out for that may pop up?
The reason I ask is because it seems a lot of terms, mainly abortion, are brought up in chapters that have nothing to do with it.

07e220e889f48aac4eceff93e033e25a.png

1c73020600aa9460423c8fdd6bdfa5b5.png

e423fe2162c126287def3259a375281d.png

Are thoughts on the future of home ownership in Florida re:natural disasters/home insurance a political topic?

Anyone live there?
The insurance problem is very much political. DeSantis created it. 80% of all home insurance lawsuits are in Florida bc contractors are able to represent thr homeowner vs the insurance company so you have contractors with an army of attorneys to file for ******** claims. My house is 4 years old and we'll have half a dozen roofing companies knock in our door after this storm wanting to file a bs claim bc 3 shingles are loose so they can get us a new $30k roof. It's a DeSantis created scam.

And tbh insurance on these barrier islands and coastline should be way higher. It shouldn't be spread across everyone else. You want a home that's 50% or better to flood in the next decade bc it's on a 50 yard strip of land in the gulf? Great, hope you enjoy it, but you need to take on that risk, not the guy that lives in Ocala. The truth is a lot of these areas aren't meant to be inhabited.

Transitory has two meanings in the context of inflation. One is a prediction as to the duration of something. Another is a prediction as to what it will take to fix. Economists who are in fact not knowledgeable about supply chains or supply chain disruptions assumed that they would get sorted out much quicker than they actually did

Yellen and Powell have been saying that they were wrong about transitory in the context of duration. Krugman also admitted that he was wrong about the duration but claims that his underlying theory was correct

That inflation was related to the pandemic's exogenous shock and would subside with or without monetary tightening has become the consensus view. I don't know if inflation would have gotten to 3+% without the tightening but there is no doubt that it was more micro-founded than the "the Fed are idiots" folks have been hollering about

Did the Philly Mayor prematurely releasing that Shapiro VP video on Twitter inadvertently coat him?

Did the Philly Mayor prematurely releasing that Shapiro VP video on Twitter inadvertently coat him?
No, he has baggage from when he was younger & he has only been the Governor for 18 months. He had supporters in the party but so did Walz.

I think Shapiro was the early favorite but the vetting process made him a tough VP because the 1st rule of being a VP is “do no harm”. We’re seeing Vance fail at it completely and Shapiro would have given republicans a lot of talking points.

Back
Top Bottom