***Official Political Discussion Thread***

this assumption that Tim Walz won't try build his profile to run for president after Kamala wins i think is dumb and naive.

Obama picked Biden because they thought he wouldn't be running for president again also.

he's a politician. he wants to be president.

this assumption that Tim Walz won't try build his profile to run for president after Kamala wins i think is dumb and naive.

Obama picked Biden because they thought he wouldn't be running for president again also.

he's a politician. he wants to be president.
once again it’s easier to say what they said than they didn’t like him from the vetting.

Shapiro had a lot of heavy hitters supporting him, but even as just politics nerds we were seeing signs that the vetting wasn’t going well for him. if you add in Kamala likes Walz it makes more sense.

Waltz’s family and friends were telling people that he was the pick yesterday, so think this theory is wrong

if that's true they must not have actual art directors or graphic designers hired yet.

that's like sub intern level. and i've worked with a lot of interns.

once again it’s easier to say what they said than they didn’t like him from the vetting.

Shapiro had a lot of heavy hitters supporting him, but even as just politics nerds we were seeing signs that the vetting wasn’t going well for him. if you add in Kamala likes Walz it makes more sense.

if she vibes with him more that's a totally valid reason.

but the ambition thing would be stupid. he's prob gunna run for president at some point.

Walz campaigning in the swing states

hi-res-f2dabfdee316af61b19a4b9e15e39cb8_crop_north.jpg

Idk, dude shows his face when needed but he’s not in your face. I barely hear from him and I live in mn. He’s low key.

if she vibes with him more that's a totally valid reason.

but the ambition thing would be stupid. he's prob gunna run for president at some point.
There are a lot the things she could have said. However, calling him to ambitious and saying the video was the last straw is the least politically damaging thing to him she could have said.

I’ve worked in HR and you always give a boilerplate answer when you reject somebody for a job because it only makes a bad situation worse.

I think it was just getting obvious Shapiro had too much baggage (fair or unfair). You don’t want interviews turning into questions about how your VP handled a sexual harassment case, or if you agree with him on school vouchers, or him comparing protesters to the KKK (which also, WTF? :lol:)

No reason to give the GOP ammo when they’re clearly desperate.

Pelosi, Manchin, and Bernie support Walz. He’s a bigger unity pick than I thought. The big tent party seems to be running on all gears and ready to pull a voltron at the DNC.

Back
Top Bottom