***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I can **** with this. Double down on them being weird with someone who they can’t really attack too much since he doesn’t have baggage. Let’s hope he can bring in the Midwest corridor of Minnesota Wisconsin Michigan and Pennsylvania.

the 1st rule of being a VP is “do no harm”. We’re seeing Vance fail at it completely and Shapiro would have given republicans a lot of talking points.
I like that ticket a lot from an optics POV.

I listened to an interview Walz gave to Pod Save America (recent),, and he came across as someone who live in his time, but is open minded enough to listen to and support younger generations. As long as he keeps coming across this way, I think he will maintain, if not embolden the enthusiasm that has taken over the Harris campaign.

With that said, I still think Americans must be able to separate presidential optics from the requirement of the job of POTUS. We have a tendency to idealize the candidates we like, and we often forget that their first role as POTUS will be to be to head the military and to hold of the desk where bills get turned into laws. As such, they will have to deal with situations nobody wants to think about when they go to sleep. I can already foresee the same **** with Harris - provided she gets elected - we saw back when folks realized that "charismatic, friendly, 'hope and change'"" Obama had the willingness to use military options to address issues the US was dealing with.

They’ll use George Floyd and how we burnt down the precinct which is what any self respecting American should have done to mpd.

I don't have any strong feelings about Walz. Seems okay enough. Hopefully he does not generate any negative news cycles.

But the only thing I will say is that I found it funny how many online progressives (and of course conservatives) think he is that much more left than the median congressional Democrat

He isn't

Minnesota just has a much more functional Senate than the United States

Dude seems like a generic liberal to me policy wise.

24 people in my graduating class and 12 were cousins. :rofl:

Great cut….play it everywhere.

Compare mn stats to any state, he does progressive things and doesn’t engage in culture war non sense.

Top 3 negatives are MPD, 🦟 and 🥶

1722955658225.png

ew, what is this graphic design?

feels like an intern did this literally 2 mins before the announcement.

I really hope this isn't the reason

It sounds really dumb
It might not be, but if the reason was something like they didn’t like what they found through the vetting process and they said that, it could effectively end his career.

It’s easier to say “too ambitious and he goofed” because he’s a politicians of course he’s ambitious.

Back
Top Bottom