***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You got DripNick DripNick over here loving every post that includes "death to america" and "jews blowing up"

But I dont care about Palestinians.
Thought your @ function didn't work or something
Anybody of good faith and not trying to claim land for their summer house understands my position. Lots of Jews too. Some of them very much orthodox and actually indigenous to the region.

Last edited:
Here's what Project 2025, aka Trump's legislative blueprint if he wins, has to say on Israel/Palestine:

Page 218
1."Ensuring Israel has the military, political support and flexibility to take with it deems to be appropriate actions"
2. "End US funding for the Palestinian Authority"
708017cb4f79877fca9d10f733196b8b.png

3. Further isolate Palestinians by seeking to build a "Security Pact that includes Israel, Egypt, the Gulf states and potentially India"
8332ff5b9b90a10b676c052771a026cf.png

4. "Special attention must be paid to challenges of religious freedom, especially the status of Middle Eastern Christians and other religious minorities, as well as the human trafficking endemic to the region."
Zero mention of Palestinians in that consideration.
d23dfba27f797537d6321633649dc301.png

5. "Consider cutting aid to states allied to Iran"
Zero positive mention of aid to Palestinians, other than this thinly veiled "states allies to Iran" statement.
55a0585148cf233aab9515d07081f93e.png

Zero mentions of Gaza throughout all 922 pages
98cbcbb1323e3672d9128726f828b1a7.png

3 references for "Palestin", all related to cutting aid to Palestinians or describing them as "Palestinian Islamic Jihad."
dd0bfde151404792fcbb279bb6c532d0.png

The third reference: Cutting aid, limiting assistance etc to "states allied to Iran", including "Iraq, Lebanon, and the Palestinian territories."
f0ca3affbec228f9a58e69465191c8ea.png

Anybody of good faith and not trying to claim land for their summer house understands my position. Lot of Jews too. Some of them very much orthodox and actually indigenous to the region.

Those orthodox that I think you are speaking of with the Palestinian flags around them are less than 1%. They are a group called Neturei Karta, and there is a reason they have the views they have. I have a detailed explanation of why they have their views (I had a family member who left their school in Brooklyn).

To us, they are the equivalent of "Blacks for Trump"

Do you have an issue with the settlements or the state of Israel existing?

This is my fault for engaging you, and expecting a good conversation on the issue of Citizen United.

If it wasn’t a money issue they wouldn't have had to use so damn much to knock them out. None of these politicians were hated in their districts. It’s also not a simple AIPAC issue. That’s giving them to much credit.

It is a PACs, Donors, and Bundlers can cancel politicians issue and it’s funny when it’s happening to outsiders you don’t like but if you think this is going to be limited to them you’re burying your head in the sand. For example Katie Porter who is very good at politics might be done due to this same issue, since the rumor is the groups that kept her out the senate are planning to fund someone to run against her in the house more or less out of spite.

But like I said my fault for engaging you on this topic because you clearly dont want to, just wave it away.

im aware of all of this, theres no point in discussing citizens united, we all agree its bad
my point is; unless you have a plan to pack the supreme court, you need to git gud and be better at politics.

also Katie Porter is on some mega copium. she was well funded. she has great name id, the idea that she lost because of donor money is goofy.
money helps, but at a certain point it become a wash.

Israel is bombing women and child to death daily. If it were up to Bibi, hundreds of thousands more Palestinians would starve to death

So yeah, maybe being a cheerleader for the Israeli government is not a good look. For anyone, let alone a politician.

There is nothing wrong if taking issue with what Israel is doing right now, and have been doing for decades. And adjusting his views on the subject.

The Israeli government is every bit as murderous, and blood thirsty as Hamas and their followers. Israel shares blame in the situation there not improving

So good on dude if is he acknowledges that

This "sellout" stuff just reads as privilege and excuses for Bibi's war crimes trying to be passed off as something pro-Jewish people
quoted for the truthhhhh get that boy out the paint only grown men in here

im aware of all of this, theres no point in discussing citizens united, we all agree its bad
my point is; unless you have a plan to pack the supreme court, you need to git gud and be better at politics.

also Katie Porter is on some mega copium. she was well funded. she has great name id, the idea that she lost because of donor money is goofy.
money helps, but at a certain point it become a wash.
Yet that is the issue. How can you be good at politics & guarantee you aren’t just killed by large donations to your opposition. They aren’t running bums against these people. They find other good politicians and just give them an overwhelming amount of money to fight you. Unless you are beloved by your constituents, you are basically cooked.

Also the case of Katie Porter isn’t even that she loss the senate. It’s the belief she might lose the house too because those same wealthy donors are just going to Cori Bush her because they didn’t like her criticizing them. I don’t think anyone would accuse Katie Porter of not being very good at politics.

I think focusing on AIPAC specifically is ignoring the elephant in the room of this year’s political cycle. Massive amounts of money are being pumped into federal elections by donors and Bundlers through PACs in targeted attempts to get what they want, and it’s working. We’ve seen it over and over again, and yes you are right there are no signs it’s not going to get much worse.

You dont have to cheerlead for Bibi. All he had to say is he supports Israel's existence and its right to defend itself.

Rusty there is an entire thread on NT full of bs conspiracies, that Meth allows, with posters wishing for Iran and its radical extremist terrorist proxies to obliterate Jews and Israel in order for "the U.S and western civilization to fall"

I know he's not clueless to see wtf is happening in the world.
1723070337348.png

In my view, Bibi and his Administration are the moral equivalent to Hamas

Just a bunch of murderous pieces of **** that endanger the lives of innocents. Especially the ones they came to be fighting for

I am sick and ******* tired of people acting like one group is morally superior

I am sick of of people being mealy mouthed and trying to tacitly play down how bad one side is because they think doing so is some slight against Jews or Arabs

Someone doing that is just mirroring things they swear they can't stand from the other side

Just like Bibi and Hamas leaders be doing
QFT!!!

I'm not demanding people care about Jews. I've seen enough to know that people really dont like Jews for w.e reasons they have. These same people rather take Iran's side. Which to me is crazy.

Both Jews in Israel and Palestinians want to be left the **** alone.

Clearly there is no peace in site. There is no solution regardless of who is in charge.
1723070594397.png

Those orthodox that I think you are speaking of with the Palestinian flags around them are less than 1%. They are a group called Neturei Karta, and there is a reason they have the views they have. I have a detailed explanation of why they have their views (I had a family member who left their school in Brooklyn).

To us, they are the equivalent of "Blacks for Trump"

Do you have an issue with the settlements or the state of Israel existing?
its weird to drag black voters into this
what the heck :lol:

Yet that is the issue. How can you be good at politics & guarantee you aren’t just killed by large donations to your opposition.
politicians do it all the time. AOC is doing it as we speak.
Ilhad Omar is doing it.

money doesn't decide outcomes like that anymore. not in the age of small dollar donations, and internet and social media.

Also the case of Katie Porter isn’t even that she loss the senate. It’s the belief she might lose the house too because those same wealthy donors are just going to Cori Bush her because they didn’t like her criticizing them. I don’t think anyone would accuse Katie Porter of not being very good at politics.

uhm i don't think she's running for the house? so this point is moot.

I think it’s an ignoring the elephant in the room of this year’s political cycle to just waive away the massive amount of money being pumped into federal elections by donors and Bundlers through PACs. We’ve seen it over and over again, and yes you are right there are no signs it’s not going to get much worse.
git gud.

politicians do it all the time. AOC is doing it as we speak.
Ilhad Omar is doing it.

money doesn't decide outcomes like that anymore. not in the age of small dollar donations, and internet and social media.

uhm i don't think she's running for the house? so this point is moot.

git gud.
Yeah two politicians beloved by their constituents. We’ll come back to this when it happens again next cycle and again after. This is going to continue to escalate until it unseats someone popular and then maybe people will want to deal with it,

aka gud at politics.

you're making my point.
being liked by your constituents is like the bedrock skill of a politician. :lol:
being beloved is not “get gud” for politicians, there are only a handful of beloved politicians in the country.

You said the main issue was they didn’t support infrastructure bills, doing that wouldn’t have made Cori Bush beloved. Omar and AOC are damn near party rockstars.

being beloved is not “get gud” for politicians, there are only a handful of beloved politicians in the country.

no, there are plenty of politicians well liked by their constituents, if they weren't they'd get primaried.

you don't need to be a "rockstar" you need to be a good politician.

Tim Walz won twice in a swing district, how did he do this?
by being good at politics. he took right of center positions on key issues. he campaigned, he's charming, he pursued a reputation of being bipartisan.

and he won despite well funded republican campaigns against him.

you don't need to be a rock star. you need to be good at politics.

You said the main issue was they didn’t support infrastructure bills, doing that wouldn’t have made Cori Bush beloved. Omar and AOC are damn near party rockstars.

that's just one among a number of things they did to make themselves targets.

The infrastructure is just the most obvious thing. i would also try not to misuse campaign funds to pay for your boyfriend.

she is the wrong person to cape for.

"career politician" has become a pejorative because the veto point laden nature of american government.

Being a politician is a profession.
it's difficult job, that requires lots of different skills.

money helps, but there's never been a time in history where it can be more easily overcome with good candidate skills.

Cori Bush could have been a party rockstar. The AOC career path was open to her.
she chose another path.

Why should I feel bad for her?

AOC hands out backpacks for kids when school is about to start, and Turkeys at thanksgiving. She is visible in her district and by most accounts easily to get in contact with

Apparently Cori Bush was moving around like a leftist Kyrsten Sinema

I think "be more like AOC" shouldn't be some unreasonable take in this situation

Back
Top Bottom