***Official Political Discussion Thread***

his house is :pimp: I live a few minutes from it.

he doesn't need investments with all those pensions. the Minnesota state worker pension gets cost of living adjustments too every year to keep up with inflation so it goes up after you retire.

mn might not be the best place to live weather wise but the unions go hard, we got oil an mining out the *** which is all union, construction and all the public sector jobs.

he doesn't need investments with all those pensions. the Minnesota state worker pension gets cost of living adjustments too every year to keep up with inflation so it goes up after you retire.

mn might not be the best place to live weather wise but the unions go hard, we got oil an mining out the *** which is all union, construction and all the public sector jobs.

Exactly.. and if all willing he and Kamala make it to the white house he will have a home for ANOTHER 4 years with no money coming out for mortgage and hopefully 4 MORE YEARS AFTER THAT 🙏🙏

This dude out here collecting pensions like pokemon cards. Lives in the governors mansion so doesn't need a house (which he sold for probably 300kish I believe) and if he becomes VP will get ANOTHER pension for being President of the Senate if he completes atleast 2 years. I think he's perfectly fine for retirement. And that's not including his wife's PENSION. 🤣

Edit- and just to add. He has a 1. military pension 2. A teachers pension from Minnesota 3. A government pension from 12 years in congress 4. A government pension from being governor 5. His wife has a teacher pension and 6. He had to have recorrective surgery on his ears to gain back his hearing from military service so he gets full VA health benefits if I read correctly but some military people in here can maybe add more to how that all works. Seems pretty good to me.
I thought my dad’s 3 retirement checks were a lot 😮‍💨

Rusty's right on this.

We have to read the history of this conflict without passion, because it's only then that the "missed opportunities for peace" appear for what they are: purposeful torpedoing of the peace process by one side or another at various periods of the last 80 years.

The reality is that Israel can't get all the land without becoming an international pariah (because that will require genocide/ethnic cleansing like Turkey and the Kurds); Palestine doesn't have the firepower to match their will to drive Israelis out of the land.

There can't be peace without compromise from BOTH parties.

It’s pretty simple, you can get a true and lasting peace based on a few major concessions.

From Palestinians, it would be that any Jewish person in the Southern Levant can stay and will have guaranteed equal rights.

From Jews, reparations for Palestinians (paid in either land or money, with the US, UK, and Germany being responsible for paying) and any end to separate legal systems and restrictions on Palestinian movement.

A lot of Jews will leave if they don’t get special privileges so any land or homes they leave behind would be given back to Palestinians who lost it in the Nabks or after. Also any Jew who leaves should get monetary compensation and a fast track to citizenship in whichever country they settle in.

I’d imagine a majority of Jews would stay, the way most whites stayed in South Africa after 1994.

In short, any Jew who wants to stay will be unharmed and will be equal citizens in a new multiethnic Levantine state. Palestinians will get social, legal, political, and economic parity with their Jewish neighbors.

May we, the people of Earth, undo the damage caused by the British Empire, one country at a time.

You dont have to cheerlead for Bibi. All he had to say is he supports Israel's existence and its right to defend itself.

Rusty there is an entire thread on NT full of bs conspiracies, that Meth allows, with posters wishing for Iran and its radical extremist terrorist proxies to obliterate Jews and Israel in order for "the U.S and western civilization to fall"

I know he's not clueless to see wtf is happening in the world.

Yes, there is an entire thread on NT about the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Gaza. Are you suggesting the subject ought to be off limits?

Given the number of active threads on our forums, it’s not possible for our moderation team to promise absolutely perfect, proactive enforcement - but we do read every single user report and we’ve spent thousands upon thousands of hours over nearly two and a half decades protecting our community against hate speech.

This commitment should be evident to anyone who participated in discussions about anti-Semitic content shared by Kyrie Irving, Ye, and others in recent years.

I’ve yet to see any recent reports about that thread, and certainly not any involving calls to “obliterate Jews.”

Last month’s RNC and assassination attempt brought a lot of Trump fans out of the woodwork, some of whom started reporting any comments critical of Trump or Republicans as “hate speech.” (Meanwhile, our team was being subjected to ACTUAL hate speech.)

This is akin to calls, in 2020, for our moderation to treat accusations of racism as “personal attacks.”

This is a false equivalence, and one that would, if implemented, have a chilling effect on holding actual bigots accountable.

By the same token, I made it very clear in the thread in question that,

Criticism of a government is not hate speech, but dehumanization is. So if you believe it’s wrong to act as though there’s no such thing as an innocent Israeli civilian, or an innocent American civilian, why wouldn’t you feel the same about Palestinian civilians?

And:

This should go without saying - particularly for Americans - but the actions of a government, even a democratically elected government, do not necessarily represent the will or values of the entire population. (Much less a diverse global population.) When bigots attack Muslim people, they generally do so by citing the actions of repressive governments or fringe terrorist organizations and claiming "they're all like that."

We're not going to allow that on NikeTalk. This isn't Facebook.

You can criticize the Netanyahu administration and abhor the establishment of an Israeli apartheid state without engaging in ignorant, anti-Semitic "Jewish bankers control the weather" conspiracy nonsense:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../how-benjamin-netanyahu-enables-anti-semitism

I’m absolutely not going to establish the precedent that users may criticize any government in the world - except Israel.

Methodical Management Methodical Management have you noticed an increase in Russian Bot activity on NT? Some of these new posts read like they were drafted out of the politburo

We have seen a dramatic increase in bot activity in the past six months, but that’s been SEO spam driven by generative AI. (Don’t get me started.)

Maybe a couple of randoms have shown up and attempted to post some low effort nonsense in this thread, but those never made it through the approval process as far as I’m aware.

If you’re running a targeted disinformation campaign, you get a lot more mileage out of the big box social media platforms. Sock puppets are practically given free rein on Twitter, from what I’ve seen, and you don’t need to make the effort of micro-targeting paranoid nihilists or incels when algorithmic platforms will gladly do that work for you.

If you’re seeing posts on here that seem identical to those trafficked by Twitter bots, the sad truth is that they’re probably being posted by real people regurgitating what they’ve consumed elsewhere.

The synchronicity of self-professed “independent thinkers” is nothing if not ironic.

For people who are lazy and cynical, “research” isn’t a search for information, but confirmation.

If you reject all mainstream sources out of hand, but uncritically accept “alternatives” by reasoning that the enemy of your enemy must be your ally, you’re an empty vessel.

There’s no easier mark.

Calling out those anti Israel protesters was incredible. Pandering to them will lose her way more votes than calling them out will. Time to try something new.

Dems are cooking.

i like u as a niketalker but minnesota is trash bruh
come to california or NY

Yes, there is an entire thread on NT about the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Gaza. Are you suggesting the subject ought to be off limits?

Given the number of active threads on our forums, it’s not possible for our moderation team to promise absolutely perfect, proactive enforcement - but we do read every single user report and we’ve spent thousands upon thousands of hours over nearly two and a half decades protecting our community against hate speech.

This commitment should be evident to anyone who participated in discussions about anti-Semitic content shared by Kyrie Irving, Ye, and others in recent years.

I’ve yet to see any recent reports about that thread, and certainly not any involving calls to “obliterate Jews.”

Last month’s RNC and assassination attempt brought a lot of Trump fans out of the woodwork, some of whom started reporting any comments critical of Trump or Republicans as “hate speech.” (Meanwhile, our team was being subjected to ACTUAL hate speech.)

This is akin to calls, in 2020, for our moderation to treat accusations of racism as “personal attacks.”

This is a false equivalence, and one that would, if implemented, have a chilling effect on holding actual bigots accountable.

And:

I’m absolutely not going to establish the precedent that users may criticize any government in the world - except Israel.

We have seen a dramatic increase in bot activity in the past six months, but that’s been SEO spam driven by generative AI. (Don’t get me started.)

Maybe a couple of randoms have shown up and attempted to post some low effort nonsense in this thread, but those never made it through the approval process as far as I’m aware.

If you’re running a targeted disinformation campaign, you get a lot more mileage out of the big box social media platforms. Sock puppets are practically given free rein on Twitter, from what I’ve seen, and you don’t need to make the effort of micro-targeting paranoid nihilists or incels when algorithmic platforms will gladly do that work for you.

If you’re seeing posts on here that seem identical to those trafficked by Twitter bots, the sad truth is that they’re probably being posted by real people regurgitating what they’ve consumed elsewhere.

For people who are lazy and cynical, “research” isn’t a search for information, but confirmation.

If you reject all mainstream sources out of hand, but uncritically accept “alternatives” by reasoning that the enemy of your enemy must be your ally, you’re an empty vessel.

There’s no easier mark.
love u bruh and appreciate the community you have played a hand in building, mashallah

It’s pretty simple, you can get a true and lasting peace based on a few major concessions.

From Palestinians, it would be that any Jewish person in the Southern Levant can stay and will have guaranteed equal rights.

From Jews, reparations for Palestinians (paid in either land or money, with the US, UK, and Germany being responsible for paying) and any end to separate legal systems and restrictions on Palestinian movement.

A lot of Jews will leave if they don’t get special privileges so any land or homes they leave behind would be given back to Palestinians who lost it in the Nabks or after. Also any Jew who leaves should get monetary compensation and a fast track to citizenship in whichever country they settle in.

I’d imagine a majority of Jews would stay, the way most whites stayed in South Africa after 1994.

In short, any Jew who wants to stay will be unharmed and will be equal citizens in a new multiethnic Levantine state. Palestinians will get social, legal, political, and economic parity with their Jewish neighbors.

May we, the people of Earth, undo the damage caused by the British Empire, one country at a time.

Basically;

"It's pretty simple we can get a true and lasting peace if all the parties involve adopted my policy preferences"

I could do Vegas. California is too petty, you can’t even ride two strokes out there. I thought this was America?
boy u wilding
i ride my two stroke all the time
its just not street legal

they have some fancy laws to deter ppl but its freedom out here

F-VrLoZaIAEMsxj.jpg:orig
I knew I recognized this ***** from somewhere:

This is good politics. Don’t think how she handled the hecklers was.

And people making the point that possible Dem voters are not showing up to far right cult rallies to protest are idiots

And:

There’s no easier mark.
Thank you for confirming and all that you and the NT staff do to make this place great. Some of the posts in here are similar to what I've been reading on X that I know is probably Russian proganda. I worry that the next time I ask someone if they summer in Leningrad I might get an answer in Russian.

This dude out here collecting pensions like pokemon cards. Lives in the governors mansion so doesn't need a house (which he sold for probably 300kish I believe) and if he becomes VP will get ANOTHER pension for being President of the Senate if he completes atleast 2 years. I think he's perfectly fine for retirement. And that's not including his wife's PENSION. 🤣

Edit- and just to add. He has a 1. military pension 2. A teachers pension from Minnesota 3. A government pension from 12 years in congress 4. A government pension from being governor 5. His wife has a teacher pension and 6. He had to have recorrective surgery on his ears to gain back his hearing from military service so he gets full VA health benefits if I read correctly but some military people in here can maybe add more to how that all works. Seems pretty good to me.
Doesn’t seem like a guy with expensive tastes. It’s likely he already has more coming in than he’ll ever spend. Republicans can’t think telling citizens he’s financially illiterate will move voters. Most will think it’s refreshing (for lack of a better word) that an elected official isn’t in office getting rich while a lot of the population struggles. The man worked to prevent kids from going hungry. That talking point would be a ******* disaster for them.

They seem to have raised plenty of money. I wonder where it’s going? 🤔

Their whole plan is to be better at what they already attempted to do

Have swing states NOT certify the results and then send things to the Supreme Court

Back
Top Bottom