***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Why would possible Dem voters show up to a Republican rally to protest a candidate that they won’t be voting for? Especially a rally of far right nut jobs who have been violent towards minorities. This is an awful point.

it's an excellent point.

it reveals the real motive of the protest (factional inter coalition fights)

it's not that they are so morally offended by "genocide" that they MUST disrupt democratic party events.
Trump et all have said done and supported way more horrible things as it relates to palestine.

the moral outrage only applies to democrats because it's about wielding power within the democratic party.

which is fine,
but don't cry when the center left fights back.

Why would possible Dem voters show up to a Republican rally to protest a candidate that they won’t be voting for? Especially a rally of far right nut jobs who have been violent towards minorities. This is an awful point.
They were literally chanting they won't vote for her either though.

If the framing of the protest is that Dems support genocide, and that disqualifying for them, then I would assume they would have the same position as the GOP.

So if the Dems position is disqualifying to these protestors, just the like GOP, then it is a fair question to ask where is this energy for the GOP.

If the answer is "well I am safe here, not there", then that kinda concedes the stark differences between the two. Like you don't want to vote to stop the people that pose a threat to your safety, ok, that is their right.

But other people don't have to entertain the false equivalencies being pushed. And will push back on them.

Last edited:
personally if i was maximally invested in the safety of Palestinians.

- I would be doing everything possible to help Kamala Harris win,
- I would do my best to show that im a good coalition partner
- I would avoid generating embarrassing news cycles

then I would use the fact that many democratic staffers and elites are relatively skeptical of israel and use that influence to push them towards more pro Palestinian policy.

-

but if i was maximally concerned with wielding as much power within the democratic party as possible regardless of electoral outcomes.

i would do disruptive protests constantly and demand purity tests while ignoring republicans.

She’s one of the major reasons people don’t view democrats as the party of working people anymore imo.

People like her need to be pushed out and get young blood in.

so education polarization,

the shift of college educated people to the left,
and non college educated working class to the right.

a shift seen in basically every developed western country,
Canada, UK, Australia, Frace, ect ect.

was caused by...Nancy Pelosi???????

i would do disruptive protests constantly and demand purity tests while ignoring republicans.

Protests dont work here when you have people chanting death to america putting Hamas red triangles on every corner.

The simple answer is find out what the 20% of Arabs with Israeli citizenship do. The ones who dont want to kill their neighbor any chance they get.

The lack of respect for political professionals.

Politics isn't just about who makes you feel warm and fuzy.

Nancy Pelosi is a political leader., she's in a safe seat. her job isn't to make you feel warm and fuzy. her job is to get **** done.

-She got Obamacare done when even Obama was ready to give up.

-She passed a climate bill through the house in 2009, and got multiple dems to basically commit political suicide to get it done.

-and when the entire party was paralyzed and hurtling towards doom, she engineered the unprecedented removal of an incumbent president, with 4 months left to go in an election.

there aren't any "vibes" that are worth Nancy Pelosi skills.

it's an excellent point.
Disagree.
the moral outrage only applies to democrats because it's about wielding power within the democratic party.
That’s the party that the voters belong too. If they’re protesting to move the party on the issue, then it’s literally working.

Kamala met with the Uncommitted founders and got a big pledge of support from a prominent Dearborn state politician. Each front is important.
They were literally chanting they won't vote for her either though.
I didn’t hear what the exact chant was, but my broader point is that a large swath of these « Uncommitted » voters are possible Dem voters
So if the Dems position is disqualifying to these protestors, just the like GOP, then it is a fair question to ask where is this energy for the GOP.

If the answer is "well I am safe here, not there", then that kinda concedes the stark differences between the two. Like you don't want to vote to stop the people that pose a threat to your safety, ok, that is their right.
If these are folks who historically vote Dem, asking for the same energy for a party that you def won’t vote for instead of trying to push a party that you could actually vote doesn’t make any sense to me.

Protests dont work here when you have people chanting death to america putting Hamas red triangles on every corner.

The simple answer is find out what the 20% of Arabs with Israeli citizenship do. The ones who dont want to kill their neighbor any chance they get.

if i a democrat was maximally invested in the safety or isreli's,

id be doing everything possible to get rid of Netanyahu,
id be advocating for a 2 state solution,
and id probably disavow and more right wing stances i had when israel was more of a bipartisan issue.

aka What Josh Shapiro is doing, but you called him a sellout for it.

your side isn't exempt from coalitional politics either.

Rules for thee and not for me to sum it up.

But yeah her vibes are off too. Put her out to pasture.

That’s the party that the voters belong too. If they’re protesting to move the party on the issue, then it’s literally working.

Kamala met with the Uncommitted founders and got a big pledge of support from a prominent Dearborn state politician. Each front is important.
you are demonstrating why it's good politics,

Kamala is showing what will win her support.

Behind the scenes meetings with stakeholders = Kamala is receptive.
Disruptive protests = Kamala responds negatively.

you can't say good politics for leftists to be disruptive and negative,
but it's bad politics for the center to fight back.

again if you want to fight, fight, but don't cry when people punch back.

if i a democrat was maximally invested in the safety or isreli's,

id be doing everything possible to get rid of Netanyahu,
id be advocating for a 2 state solution,
and id probably disavow and more right wing stances i had when israel was more of a bipartisan issue.

This is all probable. And will most likely happen the second this war is over.

Now what would you do if you were a democrat maximally invested in the safety of Palestinians? Is it possible to have Gaza and the West Bank not controlled by Iran proxies?

you are demonstrating why it's good politics,

Kamala is showing what will win her support.

Behind the scenes meetings with stakeholders = Kamala is receptive.
Disruptive protests = Kamala responds negatively.

you can't say good politics for leftists to be disruptive and negative,
but it's bad politics for the center to fight back.

again if you want to fight, fight, but don't cry when people punch back.
Oh I don’t think that Kamala has to “fight back” in a response. That’s where we disagree here.

And her responding in that way also took spotlight over really important work that the campaign is doing in Michigan. People are hardly discussing the Uncommitted meeting and endorsement she got.

This is all probable. And will most likely happen the second this war is over.

Now what would you do if you were a democrat maximally invested in the safety of Palestinians? Is it possible to have Gaza and the West Bank not controlled by Iran proxies?

tbh i think all of it largely ineffectual. imo both side overrate what the USA can do here.

ultimately Bibi and his coalition that has set Israel on this disastrous course.
and it's up to the israeli people to get rid of him if they want.

tbh i think all of it largely ineffectual. imo both side overrate what the USA can do here.

ultimately Bibi and his coalition that has set Israel on this disastrous course.
ur acting like america can't jumpstart and play a huge rule in getting rid of the heads of state
gaddafi, mubarak and im sure theres more
hopefully weirdo netanbumhoo is next

Oh I don’t think that Kamala has to “fight back” in a response. That’s where we disagree here.

And her responding in that way also took spotlight over really important work that the campaign is doing in Michigan. People are hardly discussing the Uncommitted meeting and endorsement she got.

The disruptive protest took the spot light away from that, not Kamala's response. If she says nothing

100% the media will go into "Dems in disarray mode" and focus on the accusation she's supporting a genocide. They won't talk about some meeting either.

Look at actions of the left

- they go the Biden replacement they wanted
- They got the VP pick they wanted
- Kamala met with Palestinian activists before the event

And they STILL did disruptive negative protests.
And you want Kamala to capitulate MORE?

Be serious, a line has to be drawn somewhere. It's smart of Kamala to draw it here, and make the stakes of the election clear.

I disagree. Iran and the US have a major influence here.

If Gaza and the West Bank can be governed by a democratic ideology (not the U.S or Israel) that'll lead to peace.

Leaders changing can help temporarily. Ideologies need to change for permanent peace.

Different countries, those are non allied dictatorships with fake democracies.

Unless you want American military to assassinate Netanyahu not much can be done.
I get that perspective but as an american
i have the belief that our government can literally make anything happen if they want to bad enough. i think there is not a big enough incentive to do that

I disagree. Iran and the US have a major influence here.

If Gaza and the West Bank can be governed by a democratic ideology (not the U.S or Israel) that'll lead to peace.

Leaders changing can help temporarily. Ideologies need to change for permanent peace.
thank you for ur expert unbiased opinion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom