***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Saw a screenshot on reddit of this and had to see if it was real.

This is wild even for him..

58XBB8.gif

Elon Musk wondering why advertisers are pulling out of Twitter.

This post came across my timeline,

He keeps changing the algorithm so that everyone has to see this crap every day now.

Reasonable minds can disagree about whether or not this content should be censored or not.

What’s indisputable is that a majority of people don’t want to see race science posts. Moreover, very few companies would like one of their ads to appear above or below a post like this.

Yet rap ****** foaming at the mouth for a picture with dude and love advertising his ugly cybertruck for free in their lil stunting sm posts. Musk racist ahh must be laughing his ahh off while calling them "hard R's" :smh:

I guess Bernie and I agree

In a rational world order, Israel and Russia would be treated exactly the same. All countries would be treated the same.

Is it okay for country x to attempt to influence the democratic process of country y? or is it not?

Russia's influence in the 2016 election was far from the only factor accounting for Clinton's loss but we decided that foreign governments should make no material attempts to shift public opinion and therefore shift election outcomes in their favor.

The big question is, what material difference does Israel possess that makes its attempts to sway US public opinion and effect and election outcome acceptable while Russia's attempts are seen as unacceptable?

Whether AIPAC's ad spend was or was not a factor, let alone the decisive factor, in Bush and Bowman's primary defeats, is irrelevant in this context. Russia's clumsy attempts to sway the 2016 election was seen as an attack on the United States, Why is Israel exempt from that same definition of an official state enemy?

He keeps changing the algorithm so that everyone has to see this crap every day now.

Reasonable minds can disagree about whether or not this content should be censored or not.

What’s indisputable is that a majority of people don’t want to see race science posts. Moreover, very few companies would like one of their ads to appear above or below a post like this.

Speaking of elon btw

In a rational world order, Israel and Russia would be treated exactly the same. All countries would be treated the same.

Is it okay for country x to attempt to influence the democratic process of country y? or is it not?

Russia's influence in the 2016 election was far from the only factor accounting for Clinton's loss but we decided that foreign governments should make no material attempts to shift public opinion and therefore shift election outcomes in their favor.

The big question is, what material difference does Israel possess that makes its attempts to sway US public opinion and effect and election outcome acceptable while Russia's attempts are seen as unacceptable?

Whether AIPAC's ad spend was or was not a factor, let alone the decisive factor, in Bush and Bowman's primary defeats, is irrelevant in this context. Russia's clumsy attempts to sway the 2016 election was seen as an attack on the United States, Why is Israel exempt from that same definition of an official state enemy?
Honestly I think if you try to focus reform in a way to filter for certain factors like “state enemy” or “official ally” it doesn’t mean the result would be any different. It would still be a foreign government still spending millions to sway American policy.

I think the conversation about what AIPAC did is just a part of a bigger conversation on “should they have the right to do that” and the answer is no.

Big donors and Lobbyist manipulating campaigns through the use of PACs, that by law cannot be coordinated with a candidate is a system ripe for manipulation by the wealthy.

It means every election can have political free radicals more concerned with manipulating the outcome of the race than which politicians has the ability to serve constituents. Now after the election instead of lobbyist/donors only giving donations to seek favor. Through PACs, Lobbyist/donors now can outright threaten or coerce politicians to do what they say since they have an apparatus attack or support politicians in an election.

Lowkey Citizens United is up there with Roe and Chevron for all time bad decisions.

Last edited:

He's suing advertisers for collusion under anti-trust laws. This quote is not going to help his case:

“I hope they stop. Don’t advertise, If somebody is going to try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me with money, go **** yourself. Go **** yourself. Is that clear? I hope it is.”

Good luck with all that. Corporations are only beholden to certain things when it comes to collusion (price fixing and things like that). Refusing to advertise on a social media platform is not that. He's gonna get laughed out of court. He can join Trump in the line of whiny babies looking for a handout.

We also need to make campaign season shorter.

Way shorter.

The first job of elected officials is to write, debate, and pass laws. Not fundraise. However, that's what they spend a significant amount of time doing, and it starts as soon as they get in.

I can't find a video but it always makes me think of this from the West Wing (S07E01)

SANTOS
Look, nobody hired you because you'd be a brilliant campaigner. You're a
beginner in all this. Yes, at the moment, you're a liability, but you'll
get the hang of it. You're here because you know how to run a country. The
conversation I'm interested in is how do we build a four year plan where
you don't know what kind of Congress you're going to have to work with.

LEO
That's what transition is about.

SANTOS
I don't want to wait until transition. I want a plan in place. I want to
spend transition hiring a staff that can execute it and on day one I want
to get to work, not dickering around for the first three months. You want
something to worry about, worry about that.

LEO
Okay. Well, let's start by reframing the question. Forget about a four-year
term. The Presidency is 18 months. That's your window. After that, there's
midterms. No one on the Hill's got time to do business with you. They're
too busy getting reelected. Then, suddenly, you're running again.

SANTOS
So, I'm basically throwing out everything but my first five pages?

LEO
In the garbage. Realistically, one page, but we can do this in phases.

Where killer Mike and his buddy kemp at with **** like this huh
Someone in here wondered why I called Mike a deplorable and this is exactly why. He was caping for Kemp when he stole the first election from Stacey and ran against her the second time. This is the thing we all need to be on guard for. Trump and the bad guys are going to litigate and try to get this election to the Supreme Court. We have to overwhelm them with our votes.

In reference to the ongoing discussions regarding the Israeli government and Kamala’s response to those protestors at the rally. I’ve said this before but it hurts me that actual Palestinians, people from that region has family and friends there get lost in this convo. Not all the people who didn’t want to vote for Biden and were uncommitted because of Gaza and are now annoyed with Kamala’s response and don’t want to vote for her now because of that response are annoying white liberals with a revolutionary complex. I understand why Kamala said what she said but I wish she handled it differently not because of people that don’t know how to do politics the most effective way but for the people actually losing the most rn.

And I’m glad she meet wits people regarding and they where willing to meet with her which is more than has taken place before and that meeting went well but we know the media isn’t gonna talk about that and if this election cycle has taught us anything optics matters a lot public perception matters right or wrong. Biden is outta here largely because of those two things.

Someone in here wondered why I called Mike a deplorable and this is exactly why. He was caping for Kemp when he stole the first election from Stacey and ran against her the second time. This is the thing we all need to be on guard for. Trump and the bad guys are going to litigate and try to get this election to the Supreme Court. We have to overwhelm them with our votes.

Killer Mike talks a good game and to an extent I don’t doubt he has a good heart (maybe) does care about black people but he’s like a lot of what we’ve seen in Atlanta and has plagued this city for a long long time he’s a capitalist through and through and will put himself first. He like many well off black people from here wants to be able to shake hands with certain white people and get money with them more than anything.

1723220596600.png

only people obsessed with I/P take the bizarre views that americans trying to influence other americans is "election interference"
no one thinks "American Ukraine PAC" is "election interference"

and neither do you, despite the fact they are engaged in the exact same behavior as israel.

you problem isn't with "election interference"
Your problem is that Israel is relatively popular in american and has lots of wealthy americans who support it.

a lot of people aren't being honest.

I think most I/P obsessives would like

A) American send troops to dismantle the state of Israel.
B) America fund proxy forces to dismantle the state of Israel.

but they just don't want to say that.

and conversely the other side, ultra zionists want

A) America to get into a war with Iran
B) America fund proxy war against iran

a lot of people aren't being honest.

I think most I/P obsessives would like

A) American send troops to dismantle the state of Israel.
B) America fund proxy forces to dismantle the state of Israel.

I don’t know anyone personally who thinks that. I mean in what world does the US start attacking an ally? You have to be off the deep end to think that’s a possibility. And there’s millions of people who want the genocide and open air prisons to stop. Discounting them all as out of touch with reality and adding the caveat of it’s all their quiet thinking they won’t say out loud is an even more ridiculous assertion.

I don’t know anyone personally who thinks that. I mean in what world does the US start attacking an ally? You have to be off the deep end to think that’s a possibility. And there’s millions of people who want the genocide and open air prisons to stop. Discounting them all as out of touch with reality and adding the caveat of it’s all their quiet thinking they won’t say out loud is an even more ridiculous assertion.

eggzackly idk what dude talkin bout :lol:

Back
Top Bottom