***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don’t know anyone personally who thinks that. I mean in what world does the US start attacking an ally? You have to be off the deep end to think that’s a possibility. And there’s millions of people who want the genocide and open air prisons to stop. Discounting them all as out of touch with reality and adding the caveat of it’s all their quiet thinking they won’t say out loud is an even more ridiculous assertion.

well to be clear, I think most western people are doing this for internet clout and social points.

But the true obsessives? nah, im not rollin.

if you're telling me it's a "genocide" you're really going to be happy if america stops giving them any money, but they keep doing it?
like America should have just did an arms embargo on nazi germany and called it a day?

cmon

the logical conclusion of the rhetoric is to ending the state of isreal. and that requires some force, either US troops, or a proxy.
which is fine if you wanna do that.

I just don't appreciate the dancing around it.,

well to be clear, I think most western people are doing this for internet clout and social points.

But the true obsessives? nah, im not rollin.

if you're telling me it's a "genocide" you're really going to be happy if america stops giving them any money, but they keep doing it?
like America should have just did an arms embargo on nazi germany and called it a day?

cmon

the logical conclusion of the rhetoric is to ending the state of isreal. and that requires some force, either US troops, or a proxy.
which is fine if you wanna do that.

I just don't appreciate the dancing around it.,
There’s a whole diplomatic in between. The U.S. govt has prevented the U.N. from acting on the genocide, abstaining from voting and putting other countries in a similar position.

I think for a lot of people the US stopping the funding of genocide and acting in unison with their good faith members of the U.N. would be a great step in the right direction. I also don’t think it’s just people looking for social clout. Sure, there’s some of that with anything morally reprehensible and we saw it with Ukraine, but there’s also people like me who have lived their whole lives with that conflict dangling and threatening an entire region with great influence on the entire global dynamic.

If you go back to Clinton in 92-94 he brought the conflict as close to a two-state solution and potential lasting state of peace, and ever since then our funding of Israel has grown while the situation has devolved with almost no intervention from the U.S. People are tired of seeing billions support a corrupt govt who let Hamas attack them to start a terrible war that can only end in the destruction of Palestine. The same corrupt leader who has led much of their inhumane policy.

I just think there’s an in between and the lesser of two evils would be staying out of it altogether rather than continuing to fund something anyone honest with themselves shouldn’t be ok with taxpayer dollars funding. Israel still needs us a lot more than we need them in the long run.

1723220596600.png

only people obsessed with I/P take the bizarre views that americans trying to influence other americans is "election interference"
no one thinks "American Ukraine PAC" is "election interference"

and neither do you, despite the fact they are engaged in the exact same behavior as israel.

you problem isn't with "election interference"
Your problem is that Israel is relatively popular in american and has lots of wealthy americans who support it.
I literally wrote it is interference…. Because it is. Neither side should be able to do this and like I keep saying Citizens United is the equivalent to Chevron when it’s breaking our society.

I literally wrote it is interference…. Because it is. Neither side should be able to do this and like I keep saying Citizens United is the equivalent to Chevron when it’s breaking our society.

Citizens United bad, we get it, we got it.

That's not what the argument is about.

Citizens United bad, we get it, we got it.

That's not what the argument is about.
I don't think you do because you was in here with that “Git Gud” nonsense a few days ago defending it. Which to me is low-key is hilarious because a few weeks back you made an in depth point that it didn't matter if you yourself was bad at politics or who you found yourself agreeing with politically because what was important was a “logical argument” regarding policy. Yet you have no issue if a politician was kicked out there seat for the same issue.

To sit here and say “hey its real hypocritical to worry about the source of a super PAC because no one ever says they all suck” and then when I post Bernie Sanders saying essentially what I said you ignore that too.

It just looks like a lot of convenient goal post moving whenever you find it convenient to either try to make a point or change the subject to avoid not going over a point that doesn't fit your current argument.

All PAC are bad. Low key the fact the Pac named after Nikki Haley’s has against her orders donated to Kamala is the problem.

The same time we saw a Democrat PAC fund the creation of a video designed to show voters asking Biden to step down because he is old is the problem.

AIPAC altering Bush’s features to be more stereotypical without any input from Bell is the problem.

PACs promising democratic congressmen millions of dollars in support to write letters demanding Biden step down is the problem.

Because after seeing all this manipulation from PACs being successful its only going to get more manipulative because there isn't any system to hold PACs accountable for what they do. It doesn't matter if the PAC supports Israel, Palestine, or the Ukraine.

I don't think you do because you was in here with that “Git Gud” nonsense a few days ago defending it. Which to me is low-key is hilarious because a few weeks back you made an in depth point that it didn't matter if you yourself was bad at politics or who you found yourself agreeing with politically because what was important was a “logical argument” regarding policy. Yet you have no issue if a politician was kicked out there seat for the same issue.

To sit here and say “hey its real hypocritical to worry about the source of a super PAC because no one ever says they all suck” and then when I post Bernie Sanders saying essentially what I said you ignore that too.

It just looks like a lot of convenient goal post moving whenever you find it convenient to either try to make a point or change the subject to avoid not going over a point that doesn't fit your current argument.

All PAC are bad. Low key the fact the Pac named after Nikki Haley’s has against her orders donated to Kamala is the problem.

The same time we saw a Democrat PAC fund the creation of a video designed to show voters asking Biden to step down because he is old is the problem.

AIPAC altering Bush’s features to be more stereotypical without any input from Bell is the problem.

PACs promising democratic congressmen millions of dollars in support to write letters demanding Biden step down is the problem.

Because after seeing all this manipulation from PACs being successful its only going to get more manipulative because there isn't any system to hold PACs accountable for what they do. It doesn't matter if the PAC supports Israel, Palestine, or the Ukraine.
you realize that insults about my political acumen sound is absurd coming from you?

you supported Biden staying in, and nearly everything you said about the most consequential political question of the decade has been totally wrong.
and if it were up to you the dems would be hurtling towards defeat?

if i did that I would be a little bit more humble.

ill adress this once.

1. I'm not arguing about citizens united because it's a decided issue. there is zero point in debating it, because no one here disagrees, we all think citizens united is bad.
2. The question is should view american interests groups, the same as foreign hacking operations. obviously not.

no goal posts have been moved, you want to argue about citizens united but no one disagrees. sorry.

you realize that insults about my political acumen sound is absurd coming from you?

you supported Biden staying in, and nearly everything you said about the most consequential political question of the decade has been totally wrong.
and if it were up to you the dems would be hurtling towards defeat?

if i did that I would be a little bit more humble.

ill adress this once.

1. I'm not arguing about citizens united because it's a decided issue. there is zero point in debating it, because no one here disagrees, we all think citizens united is bad.
2. The question is should view american interests groups, the same as foreign hacking operations. obviously not.

no goal posts have been moved, you want to argue about citizens united but no one disagrees. sorry.
Bro I still think you are horrible at politics, I admit I didn’t think the democrats would get their **** together, and a whole lot of luck went into where they are now. However. you went on whole rants about Biden being senile and being in significant mental decline. I think you said he didn’t know what room he was in which was ******** then and ******** now. So get off your high horse.

1. Like Roe v. Wade is decided so let’s just accept these abortion bans and not call out the ********? Especially when as I pointed out it’s escalating from election cycle to the next election cycle. If there is any chance of this ever getting overturned it’s not just justices who need to be replaced. People need to be aware of how this has opened elections to corruption and manipulation.
2. The argument is a moot point because while a foreign hacking operation sounds scary, a foreign invested PAC can arguably do more damage because unlike hacking which leads to negative consequences when they are discovered. The actions of PACs are being normalized.

Plus just two days ago we were going at it about PACs because I said they are messing up elections and you said “nah it’s not the PACs, politicians need to Git Gud at politics”.

Back
Top Bottom