***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This scenario is pretty scary though cause of what happened in 2000. I am hoping that there will be a clear cut winner tonight period!
No doubt, I agree... Things start getting really suspect as well, between ballots that aren't counted, ballots that are missing, etc,etc.. it just turns into one big CLUSTER! 

33 to 3 for Romney on NBC?
Yea, they gave him South Carolina.... but they're small electoral vote states.. gotta wait for the big dogs to get rolling.  PA, FL, CA (even though CA is pretty much determined Dem and has 55 electoral votes) OH, VA, those are the states it's going to come down to... and right now down here (FL), Obama is leading but it's early, polls closed at 7pm.

Last edited:
37 seats for the senate so far for the Republicans. This race is almost just as big as who becomes president.

I just came from the polling stations and the volunteers are either morons or don't want you to vote. I go to the front desk and give them my ID, they tell me my ED is 44. Wait half an hour on the ED 44 line and when I get to the front they can't find me in the book so they check another book to tell me my ED is 43. I explain to them the front desk told me my ED was 44 and show them a paper the front desk gave me saying my ED was 44. They admit to their mistake, apologize, and tell me I still have to stand on the ED 43 line which is twice the size of the line I was just on. After giving them a piece of my mind I just showed them my largest finger and went home. So heated right now.
3 votes lost. My parents just came back from the polling stations and said the exact same thing happen to them. Who do we complain to to rectify this f*** cause I can guarantee you we're not the only ones this has happened to.

who do you guys think is gonna win? im not into politics but i kinda want a change.

37 seats for the senate so far for the Republicans. This race is almost just as big as who becomes president.
No matter who wins the Presidency, I always like to see the opposing party win the senate so if the President is the same party affiliation as the Senate he can just push through whatever B.S he wants... as corrupt as it is, it's the closest "real" thing to bipartisan.. 

who do you guys think is gonna win? im not into politics but i kinda want a change.
Very close race as of now. We just need to wait and see how the big states vote. Its a toss up for now. 

Very close race as of now. We just need to wait and see how the big states vote. Its a toss up for now. 
If Obama holds his lead down here in FL (50% Obama to 48% Romney) at the moment.  I'm willing to call it a win for Obama.. 

No matter who wins the Presidency, I always like to see the opposing party win the senate so if the President is the same party affiliation as the Senate he can just push through whatever B.S he wants... as corrupt as it is, it's the closest "real" thing to bipartisan.. 

Completely see where you're coming from. Our system of Government is built "supposedly" to check each other. Hence "checks and balances"

However if the senate is the same as the president, who's checking who?

I agree in theory but then we will just see the same gridlock

Completely see where you're coming from. Our system of Government is built "supposedly" to check each other. Hence "checks and balances"
Yep, when you stop and think, it really is the closest thing we have to a "check and balances" system... even though it's still corrupt by lobbyist and the like.. but hey, nothing is perfect so gotta take it for what it's worth.. 

Jeez, this is the most obstructionist congress I've ever seen...I hope there is change in the senate & the house...

But the judicial branch can also check the other branches, making sure they don't gain too much power. 

One of the main reason I want to see the Democrats win is because I want the Republican party to fold and build itself up again. The Republican party needs reform.

I'm an fiscal conservative but I'm tired of seeing these Social Conservatives, Tea Party enthusiasts, and religious freaks bring the Republican party down. It's such a disappointment. Makes centrists not want to vote republican because of the Republican social affiliation. These old social conservative hags need to die off already.

If the Republicans lose this election, that means they would lose the popular vote 5 out of the past 6 elections. They need to realize the party needs reform. I hope.

But the judicial branch can also check the other branches, making sure they don't gain too much power. 

Yeah, another reason I want Obama to win. Hopefully in the next 4 years Obama get to appoint a couple more justices. I want Scalia out so f-ing bad

3 votes lost. My parents just came back from the polling stations and said the exact same thing happen to them. Who do we complain to to rectify this f*** cause I can guarantee you we're not the only ones this has happened to.
You should report it to: 1-800-311-VOTE, 1-866-OURVOTE and/or 1-800-253-3931.

Back
Top Bottom