***Official Political Discussion Thread***

biggie62 biggie62 you should appreciate this

Again I got caught talking politics at my office.

So many people that said they voted for Biden in 2020 said they are voting for Trump because of cost of living.

When they bring up cost of living, they are talking about food cost. Going out to eat, and groceries. That is mainly how they are exposed to inflation

They all have large single family homes they bought for cheap when the market in Vegas was great.

Like three people go and go about how expensive the stuff they are buying for their cookouts have gotten. :rolleyes

I get out of the meeting, like 15 mins later, one of the dudes comes up to me and wants to talk golf.
Said he just got fitted for a new Titleist driver, and spurged on a Autoflex shaft for it. Which cost more that the driver head.

For those that don't know golf, he is telling me that he just spent $1,300 for a single golf club. Not including all the fees.

This man was just talking about having to vote for Trump, because the price of hamburger buns are breaking him. :smh: :lol:

I wanted to throw my water in his face so bad.

I gotta find a new place to work.
To follow up on this

Saw the same dude in the office today. I had to go in to work on a project, he just came back into town from vacation and was picking up his laptop

We catch up.

Mans was in Bandon, Oregon on a expensive *** golf trip from two weeks :smh:. Probably cost thousands

Anyway, he told me he is voting for Harris.

Apparently there was a big blow up at a family dinner where his wife, son's girlfriend, and daughter told their partners they better vote for Harris or else. He said he laughed it off at first

But his son's girlfriend just broke up with him over politics. He understood because he worries his son watches too much right wing media and got some extreme views all of a sudden. And his daughter stopped talking to the dude see was seeing because he said he was voting for RFK, and talking some Joe Rogan talk.

Said his wife signed up to make calls for Harris and write postcards to voters. So he is legit shook that his wife might go off on him if he votes for Trump. Also she makes way more money, so she can cut off all that lavish golf spending

Mans said he is Kamala 100% now.

#Progress

Last edited:
I can argue the minutiae of economic and foreign policies to the cows come home.

What I won't argue is social policy. That **** is a clear indicator of the type of person someone is. Life is too short to be associating with terrible people.

I think that's what's happening. People rightfully so recognize that political leanings and beliefs are real, and not some abstract thing that exists outside of a person. So if you're gay or trans bashing. Complaining about pronouns. Saying "Back the Blue." Referring to immigrants as illegals, etc. It's enough of a fair warning for me to draw a line.

Not to mention the biggest MAGAs weave their social theories randomly into any conversation, and off-hand racist, sexist, transphobic and homophobic jokes are annoying.

I can argue the minutiae of economic and foreign policies to the cows come home.

What I won't argue is social policy. That **** is a clear indicator of the type of person someone is. Life is too short to be associating with terrible people.

I think that's what's happening. People rightfully so recognize that political leanings and beliefs are real, and not some abstract thing that exists outside of a person. So if you're gay or trans bashing. Complaining about pronouns. Saying "Back the Blue." Referring to immigrants as illegals, etc. It's enough of a fair warning for me to draw a line.

Not to mention the biggest MAGAs weave their social theories randomly into any conversation, and off-hand racist, sexist, transphobic and homophobic jokes are annoying.

How one thinks of women and queer people is a good barometer of how someone will approach questions of race and class and nationality.

Even if someone lives in a racially, economically, linguistically, and politically homogenous community, there will be women and queer people living in that community. How that society treats them is a profound insight into how that community will treat other groups who are also different.

If someone sees their own mother or sister as a slave or a servant, one can only imagine how they see people with less racial, social, or economic power who are not even a part of those men’s households.

To follow up on this

Saw the same dude in the office today. I had to go in to work on a project, he just came back into town from vacation and was picking up his laptop

We catch up.

Mans was in Bandon, Oregon on a expensive *** golf trip from two weeks :smh:. Probably cost thousands

Anyway, he told me he is voting for Harris.

Apparently there was a big blow up at a family dinner where his wife, son's girlfriend, and daughter told their partners they better vote for Harris or else. He said he laughed it off at first

But his son's girlfriend just broke up with him over politics. He understood because he worries his son watches too much right wing media and got some extreme views all of a sudden. And his daughter stopped talking to the dude see was seeing because he said he was voting for RFK, and talking some Joe Rogan talk.

Said his wife signed up to make calls for Harris and write postcards to voters. So he is legit shook that his wife might go off on him if he votes for Trump. Also she makes way more money, so she can cut off all that lavish golf spending

Mans said he is Kamala 100% now.

#Progress

Just for those that don’t know. Bandon is stupid expensive. For non Oregon residents you are looking at flight to Portland. Drive of about 5-6 hours so far rental. Living accommodations which come out to like 500 per night. Golf rounds which are 500 plus 100 for the caddie plus a 50-80 tip per round. So 3 days is like this since you usually play 36 so that’s times 2 for 3 days. Then dinner is ****** up. Because they have overpriced pseudo 5 star restaurants which by nyc standards are 2.5 or a bistro bar that you’ll wait 3 hours for a burger so you swallow your reason and go to the ****** steakhouse and drop 200 plus for a ****** dinner. So yea Bandon is a luxury item. I may nice income and I don’t even make the type of money to justify that.

ADVERTISEMENT​

This a weird way of saying "I was wrong and you were right Osh"

Again be humble, we all get things wrong.

Never said this. :lol:

Massive cope
You were wrong. It's okay. It happens to all of us.

For being horrible at politics I managed to get this one right. But I guess a broken clock right? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
brother I just stayed off the internet for a while because I realized don’t respect you and but that was 99% of the personalities I interacted with on the internet. I had this like epiphany…. Why I am debating someone in real life I would wave off, ignore, and forget? None of this means anything…

**** why am I debating politics when I don’t like a single politician in real life ?

I am voting Kamala….. does the rest of this hold any meaning? No… no it doesn’t.

You keep posting though

The GOP not even trying to put together a believable counter plan to the Democratic platform suggests that they have another trick up their sleeve.

And so begins a story of how Moore, living near Gainesville in the 2010s, became involved with white supremacists in Florida, rose to the position of Grand Knighthawk, the klan’s security official, and disrupted a plot by Klansmen, all prison guards, to murder a Black former inmate, and of bringing down two major KKK figures, Grand Dragon Jamie Ward and Exalted Cyclops Charles Newcomb.

“In my first tour inside the KKK – the nation’s first domestic terrorist group, founded more than 150 years ago – I foiled a plot to assassinate then candidate Barack Obama, only to witness the Klan use his election as a rallying cry and recruiting tool that ignited a firestorm within the white nationalist right,” Moore writes in the book.

After serving in foreign authoritarian countries, he continues, “nothing I witnessed in any of them scares me as much what we’re facing at home now. Should we be afraid? With the 2024 election looming, and democracy itself on the ballot, the answer is yes, we should be very afraid.”
I think the nation has been living for a while in the part of Sartre's quote where the Nazis have stopped the discussion.

Moore says he tried to remain politically neutral, for doing otherwise would mean risking mistakes. But finding the right people to report the corruption he had uncovered was more difficult – Florida officials, he claims, didn’t want to hear his message of KKK infiltration into law enforcement.

“It was far more prevalent and consequential than officials were willing to admit, so much so that state officials came out and said there was no information that the issue was any more broad than the case in front of them. But I had a list of officers that were active members and actively recruiting other people and sending active Klan members into the law enforcement hiring process as well.”

The KKK may not be the force it once was, but other white nationalist organizations moved in to adopt the messaging and the membership, among them militia groups and movements like the Oath Keepers and the Three Percenters.

Moore has an informed point when it comes to the infiltration of law enforcement – some 20% of those arrested during the January 6 Capitol attack are believed to have some relationship to US law enforcement.

brother I just stayed off the internet for a while because I realized don’t respect you and but that was 99% of the personalities I interacted with on the internet. I had this like epiphany…. Why I am debating someone in real life I would wave off, ignore, and forget? None of this means anything…

**** why am I debating politics when I don’t like a single politician in real life ?

I am voting Kamala….. does the rest of this hold any meaning? No… no it doesn’t.

You keep posting though

i posted this 15 days ago, and you were in lab that long writing a response.

and this is what you came up with? :lol:

1724593712661.png

devastating retort. how will i recover?

Just for those that don’t know. Bandon is stupid expensive. For non Oregon residents you are looking at flight to Portland. Drive of about 5-6 hours so far rental. Living accommodations which come out to like 500 per night. Golf rounds which are 500 plus 100 for the caddie plus a 50-80 tip per round. So 3 days is like this since you usually play 36 so that’s times 2 for 3 days. Then dinner is ****** up. Because they have overpriced pseudo 5 star restaurants which by nyc standards are 2.5 or a bistro bar that you’ll wait 3 hours for a burger so you swallow your reason and go to the ****** steakhouse and drop 200 plus for a ****** dinner. So yea Bandon is a luxury item. I may nice income and I don’t even make the type of money to justify that.
Yeah the way he was talking, and the amount of time he was out there, he probably dropped close to 10k if I were to guess.

Funny thing is that I know he wouldn't be able to afford it if his wife wasn't making so much.

She is a consultant for green energy companies. His whole lifestyle is made possible indirectly because of subsidies from the Obama and Biden Administration.

But his *** always wanna play games and complain about liberal policies hurting his pockets.

He is such a ridiculous human being sometimes

But his wife got him scared straight now

You know what I'm finding funny, is the battleground states where a Senate Candidate is a +7,8,9 in some polls, and they have the Presidential Race as a +2.

So I decided to look at the 2020 Election and look at Battleground-ish states and how they performed Senate versus Presidential. + is a swing in Biden's direction, - is a swing in Trump's direction.

(I rounded up/down as close as possible just because I didn't feel like the extra 10 minutes of doing the math between tabs amongst multiple candidates)

AZ -2
CO +2
GA -1 & -2
IA -1.5
ME had the biggest flip 50% Collins, 53% Biden. I think this becomes a we like our person, and she was elected at a different time
MI +1
MN +4
NH -5
NM +3
NC +2
VA -1

And outside of Maine, where Collins has been in office since 1997, all of the presidential races fall close to what the senate race is.

So Michigan which has had a +4,+9,+3, +10, +5, +4,+3,+8,+3,+2,+10 for Slotkin is supposed to swing 5% points? Same with Pennsylvania?

Now Republicans could outperform are cut down the lead, but if the polls are mostly accurate, there likely isn't enough room for Republicans to pull it off in the Rust Belt states (Ohio being the anomaly).

If Harris is polling 45/46% with about 8-12% undecided, Trump has to essentially get 67%+ of all independents/undecideds.

EDIT:
For ****s and giggles, I looked at 2016. Which I think is an entirely different race, and Kamala is more in line with what Biden was viewed as in 2020, and still got something similar.

CO -1
GA +4
NV -1
NH Even margin
NC +1
PA Even margin
WI Trump lost 3% to Johnson, Clinton even with the Senate candidate.

Conclusion: If someone like Slotkin and Casey are +4, +5 as the results come in and stay that way. You have a pretty early indication of where the Presidential Election will fall.

Last edited:
I honestly cant recall one positive thing that republicans ever did for the majority of people. Still boggles the mind why they get any voters at all. As I said before it has to be a "stickin it to the libs and coastal elites" sorta thing and the fact middle america I guess likes to hear their lies
The isms are why fam. Republicans have conned their followers to vote against their own interests every time mostly because of the isms.

It’s refreshing to be a part of this NT community knowing that the majority despise this felon and the hatred, bigotry he spews out.

Compassion, empathy, respect, and love for one’s neighbor will never be out of style. Vote blue!

1724612025998.png

tryna get in on that anti vax grift now the RKF dropped out?
Cornell West is living out one of my worst fears. Being old, broke, desperate and lacking options.

It is clear the man is trying to clout chase so he can monetize his final days of fading relevance

He even low key admitted he is too told to pull off this scam he is running effectively.

Sad to see dude go out like this.

His Obama hate makes more sense now. Obama shunning him was probably his last chance at a big financial come up.

Back
Top Bottom