***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Senate officially back with the GOP, barring a miracle, Republicans will hold the House, Senate, and Presidency for the first time since 1928. 1928 was the year before the Great Depression in 1929. It's about to get morbidly real folks. 

Yep. So much for the whole "just wait for the baby boomers to die out" thing. 18-27 year olds that voted for Trump had those same type of values ingrained in them. What's even more embarrassing is the amount of blacks and Mexicans that aided in his cause. Those minorities (women included) should be ashamed of themselves.
Couldn't have said it any better.

-Millions will lose their health insurance

-Education spending will be cut

-Social programs will be cut

-Our deficit will explode

-Any chance of immigration reform, gone

-Any chance at criminal justice reform, gone

-LBGTQ people might not ever be added to the civil rights act

-Citizen's United is the law of the land

-Roe. w. Wade is on the table

-Voting rights act never getting reauthorized

All of this is pretty much a lock :smh:

Don't forget Dodd frank.. plus whatever happens with foreign policies and treaties

Then you have Russia being directly involved with an election

This.

he's not a true republican, he's slimy, he said a lot just to get in the white house.

not even he knows what he's gonna do...

But he has the best words and knows more miltarily than most Generals.

:lol:

This man got elected. I can't believe it :smh:

Trump winning the presidency is actually a good thing just so people will get off obama's sack. It will demonstrate to the American people that no matter what these politicians promise you they won't do it once elected. That wall, ban on muslims and mass deportation is not happening.

Trump is not a politician though.

The one thing I appreciate about this man is that he will look you in your face and tell you how he feels.

Much better then these sneaky lying politicians like Hilary.

For better or worse I know where Trump stands.

He will try to implement all his plans :lol: :smh:

Just had to quote this so you didn't go back and try to edit this terrible, awful logic

Senate officially back with the GOP, barring a miracle, Republicans will hold the House, Senate, and Presidency for the first time since 1928. 1928 was the year before the Great Depression in 1929. It's about to get morbidly real folks. 
but the great depression was the result of things happening in the early 20's sooooo

[FLOAT=LEFT]digby
‏@digby56
[/FLOAT]

Wow. 29% of Latinos voted for Trump. 39% of millennials voted for Trump.

Unbelivable.

I hate my generation fam....

They told us this country has progressed. :lol: :smh:

Don't understand what 29% of Latinos were thinking. Must be George Zimmerman's or something. Lations as a whole just got their wake up call. Here's what they think about you.

The good news is true colors have been shown. Everybody seems how racist this country is. They can't hide it behind Obama or a "nice" female like Hilary.

Already was, who gives a damn

Until a couple years ago, Nevada had the strictest drug laws in America. Draconian, even. They legalized medical, and now it's legal recreationally. If friggin' Nevada can do it in such short time, it's definitely an important step in ending marijuana prohibition.

They told us this country has progressed. :lol: :smh:

Don't understand what 29% of Latinos were thinking. Must be George Zimmerman's or something. Lations as a whole just got their wake up call. Here's what they think about you.

The good news is true colors have been shown. Everybody seems how racist this country is. They can't hide it behind Obama or a "nice" female like Hilary.

"White Hispanic" is tricky like that

Alright so yall speculators

Tell me whats the future of hillary?

Memphis Bleak?

I am an *** hole, no doubt, a professorial douche bag, who tweets from a maple tower,

it's an internet persona that is partly my real identity and also partly for comedic purposes.

but let me be real with all the black and brown people.

Stay safe out there y'all. This is what Paul Mooney called that N wake up call.

It's painful, it will hurt for 4 years and almost certainly generations to come, but if there is anything to take solace in it is this:

you will never be fooled again.

All that post racial ******** is over; any thought that some had that you can stand on the sidelines and be confident that the moral arc of the universe bends towards justice? Nah that's over, you are all wide awake.

Things only change if you fight like hell, I'm not blaming you either, because I have shown the same apathy in my country, I've been dismissive of activism and protest, I've reveled in detached cynicism.

but I'm awake now as well, I see the score, and I will not be defeated.

Will you?

Last edited:
**** been stuck on 215 and 244 for over a hour now :smh:

I was saying this would be over right after midnight. Why these swing states so slow?

Last edited:
Memphis Depay
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom