***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bernie Sanders@SenSanders 2h2 hours ago

If Donald Trump takes people's anger and turns it against Muslims, Hispanics, African Americans and women, we will be his worst nightmare.

Bernie Sanders@SenSanders 47m47 minutes ago

We can't be a party which cozies up to Wall Street, raises money from billionaires & stands with working families. We've got to pick a side.

what info yall got on keith Ellison?

Ken ThomasVerified account@KThomasDC 5h5 hours ago

.@BernieSanders tells me in an interview that he's backing Rep. Keith Ellison to become next DNC chairman.

Shaun King@ShaunKing 1h1 hour ago

I am joining @BernieSanders & so many others in calling for Congressman @KeithEllison to lead the new DNC. A progressive with integrity.

Here from the man himself

Last edited:
Ellison is cool, but Bernie not fooling me, he is supporting ole boy because he was of the few to endorse him during the primary. :lol

I actually think the Dems should consider bringing back Howard Dean instead.

Abe and MLK look mad af b.

Ellison is cool, but Bernie not fooling me, he is supporting ole boy because he was of the few to endorse him during the primary. :lol

Naa they've both been members of the progressive caucus for years while Bern was still an independent

As cool as it would be,I can't see Dems accepting an outspoken Black Muslim as their leader right now though :lol :{

Last edited:

**** anyone, on the left or right, that dears say this was just about economics and rebelling against the establishment

And **** anyone that says this is a good things because people will wake up to the fact there racist in the country.

There are god damb children being terrorized right now. My 16 year old cousins is the only black girl in her class and got in a fight yesterday because she got called the n-word to her face.

If there is a silver lining, I don't see it.

did shorty give em the hands? let's go roll up on that class room bro. 16 old enough in my book.

**** anyone, on the left or right, that dears say this was just about economics and rebelling against the establishment

And **** anyone that says this is a good things because people will wake up to the fact there racist in the country.

There are god damb children being terrorized right now. My 16 year old cousins is the only black girl in her class and got in a fight yesterday because she got called the n-word to her face.

If there is a silver lining, I don't see it.

Me and my wife had discussion about protesting and why I was against it.

I said that protesting is pointless because you are asking for resources from people that would rather this country cease to exist than have "others" be on the same level as them.

People legitimately voted against their own interest and they knew he was idiot but he was a white idiot that makes them feel good about themselves

It's crazy man, these people afraid of radical Islam that voted for this idiot live places a terrorist is never going

Voting 3rd party > Not voting at all
Eh, that's just the official way of wasting your vote and having it documented.

Until there is a viable and legitmate 3rd party and 3rd party candidate, ppl are just making it easier for one of the 2 party candidates who is the underdog to have a chance to win.

And given the political climate of the past 10 years up to now and just the unrest and dissatisfaction of the ppl, it's pathetic that a 3rd party can't be formed that appeals to enough Americans to gain 15% or win one state.

Naa they've been members of the progressive caucus for years while Bern was independent :lol

As cool as it would be,I can't see Dems accepting a black Muslim as their leader though :lol :{

You don't see the comedy of you earlier advocating that Bernie should be the nominee because he would have done better with working class whites, but now talking about Dems not accepting minorities. :lol

Naa they've been members of the progressive caucus for years while Bern was independent :lol

As cool as it would be,I can't see Dems accepting a black Muslim as their leader though :lol :{

You don't see the comedy of you earlier advocating that Bernie should be the nominee because he would have done better with working class whites, but now talking about Dems not accepting minorities. :lol

You still don't get that many folks on the left who supported Obama were viscerally turned off by Hill :lol

I didn't say they don't accept minorities either,thanks for putting that in my mouth :rolleyes,just that I know how much of scared party they are and they probably wouldn't get behind it out of fear of backlash from the right. The same right that wouldn't vote for them in 100 years anyway so it wouldn't even actually matter what they thought :lol

Last edited:
Yea, I'm pretty sure, as it is set now,

Trump - P
Pence - VP
Newt - SOS
Guliani - AG

Tom Carson - SG
Christie - Transpo - for obvious reasons :lol
Ivanka - I'm sure he'll get something

Forget Trump, THOSE are the scumbags people truly should be up in arms over. Trump is just the loudmouth lightning rod the Reps trotted out there to "divert status quo" and "bring a change". The people under him, specifically those 3 will be far more crippling than Trump himself. But we have people both offline and online puffing their chests out, some in this very thread, as if this regime will be a positive for them. Such naivety, which is sad, as a bunch of these people are in their late 20s to mid 30s.

oh and

Tiney Fey - Secretary of Interior

And don't forget Omarosa. I'm sure her tap dancing wont go in vain. Probably Nasa

And then his American Psycho sons - Gotta be UN Ambassador. They can make hella bodies disappear between DC and the heights

Cant make this stuff up/

Last edited:

You still don't get that many folks on the left who supported Obama were viscerally turned off by Hill :lol

I didn't say they don't accept minorities either,thanks for putting that in my mouth :rolleyes,just that I know how much of scared party they are and they probably wouldn't get behind it out of fear of backlash from the right. The same right that wouldn't vote for them in 100 years anyway so it wouldn't even actually matter what they thought :lol

I just pointed out the juxtaposition was funny.

Relax wit the strawman, because I didn't put a damb word in your mouth.

Last edited:
I'm calm :lol,just didn't get what you were implying.

No strawman either :lol,just going off of the party's recent history of letting themselves get punched in the face repeatedly by their counterparts without swinging back hard out of fear of rocking the boat. The same boat that the other side just capsized

Last edited:
Voting 3rd party is stupid and will never not be stupid.

People who do this are deeply confused about the incentive structures that exist in governments run by humans.

I'm calm :lol,just didn't get what you were implying.

No strawman either :lol,just going off of the party's recent history of letting themselves get punched in the face repeatedly by their counterparts without swinging back hard out of fear of rocking the boat. The same boat that the other side just capsized

It is a strawman if you try to misrepresent something I said or implied.

Last edited:

People who do this are deeply confused about the incentive structures that exist in governments run by humans.

100%

I always try to explain this, but its hard to get people to take civics in school, let alone in the lunch room at work.

Catherine ThompsonVerified account @KT_thomps 4h4 hours ago

Breaking with tradition, Obamas canceled first couples' photo op with Trumps before first-ever meeting http://bit.ly/2g1oae0

TC Ivy@BienSur_JeTaime 3h3 hours ago

TC Ivy Retweeted Catherine Thompson

I mean... he has to meet with King Birther and she has to meet with her plagiarizer... a photo is a bit much to ask of the Obamas...

Let me explain this once and for all.

3rd parties are doomed, ALWAYS.

1. The current parties have zero incentive to allow 3rd parties to exist.

2. The more successful a 3rd party is, the less likely people are to vote for it in the next election cycle. Why?

Spoiler effect that's why.

The people who vote for a 3rd party are essentially insuring victory for the party they like least, the better a 3rd party does the more obvious this becomes the voting populace.

Even in non two party system we see the winners curse happen to 3rd parties.

Example

In Canada the far left wing "NDP party". (the biggest 3rd party) two elections ago won an unprecedented amount of seats, out performing the tradition left wing "Liberal Party" and insuring the "Conservative party" victory, and giving the conservative's a majority.

What happens next election? Did the NDP build on that momentum?

NOPE.

They got crushed. Why? Because it became clear to left wing people voting NDP is essentially a spoiler vote.

This happened in a country where 3rd parties have ballot access and get to go to debates, this winners curse effect would be 100 times more powerful in a two party system,

Voting 3rd party is ALWAYS stupid.

Last edited:
how long before these folks call for a mulligan? say 'we made a mistake, we goofed, we sawwry'

Voting 3rd party in a traditional blue state like California isn't stupid. More than enough votes to secure BLUE. 3rd parties need to make some noise and I have no problem supporting em.

However if you're in Florida, PA, Michigan, or any of these hick battleground States.. .YES no doubt I agree, you're wasting your vote because every blue vote is crucial in these states!

We talking bout guns or dongs right now, I need clarification?

:lol oh man need to laugh today... I am beyond livid seeing Obama with Trump!

Back
Top Bottom