***Official Political Discussion Thread***

tumblr_ohhwdr6mdw1vms0a7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohid36bv7k1vms0a7o1_1280.jpg

To point and laugh or not to point and laugh vol. 2

regrets 
laugh.gif

nearly all da Union rank & file in da heartland voted for Trump...

Which is embarrassing. We can all agree that republicans are anti union, which is why it makes no sense for union members to vote for the GOP.

Reagan Democrat values supercede union loyalty...or sometimes it intercets.

what?
Reagan, the former Republican president, had neither Democrat values nor union loyalty. But, if he did, the Democrat values would supercede [sic] union loyalty. Duh.

However, sometimes you get a totally different outcome. Something the scientific community refers to as "intercet," an amalgamation of "interspecies," "sex," "trump," and "vomit." Trust me.

Pretty simple actually.

wait...so da only thing ya got left in here to rally around is anecdotal tweets? bread crumbs :smh: :lol:
Who said we're the "left"? I'm independent, like my good friends Rico x Hood and ninjahood. I am not registered with either party.

I'm just here for the lulz.

Last edited:
like i said, this will be glorious.

it'll end with a parade down main street featuring trump, tarred and feathered. people from both sides of the aisle will be spitting on him. meanwhile the world will forgive us for trump's transgressions because we will live stream the whole parade.

the gold from his buildings will be melted down to make him a golden crown.

Which is embarrassing. We can all agree that republicans are anti union, which is why it makes no sense for union members to vote for the GOP.

what?

while your job can be a part of who u are,it doesn't define your whole existence.

Trump spoke directly to da blue collar folks, gave em a voice and a purpose, spoke directly to their cause.

Globalization is a direct threat to union labor in da United States. Da way Trump spoke in Cincinnati da other day, ive never seen someone directly address da concerns of da rust belt.

Trump looking like be bout to set America on a course that every Citizen was yearning for.

he's got 4 years to prove himself, if he delivers? he'll go down ib da history books as da most incredible run in US history.

we're already in hallowed ground now.

tumblr_ohhwdr6mdw1vms0a7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohid36bv7k1vms0a7o1_1280.jpg

To point and laugh or not to point and laugh vol. 2

I got s soft heart, and it these are life and death matters, so I'm just gonna shake my head in amazement at these suckas

Voting against your economics interest, especially when you can't absorb a blow to it (rich liberals realize they are gonna be rich no matter the party, so might as well put morals over economics) is sooo ******* stupid.

America's working class flourished partly because of high union coverage. Not only by being in a union, but their workplace being under the threat of workers unionizing. The era of share prosperity was also the era of 1 in 4 Americans being in a union of some kind.

Decline in union coverage started before NAFTA, or the rise of China. The GOP has been at war with union for decades, so if you're in a union and you vote GOP, especially at the state level, then you better have a good damb reason; because you're just asking for you economic shoulders to get clapped at any moment.

One of the reasons inequity got so bad when manufacturing left is not only the job loss. But also the fact that people moved from working in a highly unionized sector, manufacturing, to a lowly unionized sector, services.

People that are in strong unions generally like it, so conservatives have set out on a campaign to turn the American public against unions, and they have done a great job of vilifying unions workers (they have ravaged private sector unions, so now they want to go after the public sector) as some sorts of pariah. Also in the same way they tied black people to violence and welfare, they did union workers to laziness and low ambition. Unfortunately, even some liberals like to join in on this nonsense and will tell you about the couple lazy union workers they know. Teachers are a prime target these days.

The common comeback you hear from the conservatives is "you don't need unions for high wages", and proof of this is them giving tax break to companies to open business to higher people at what seems like decent starting wages. But no mention of the crappy benefits, the fact that because of inflation these people get a tax cut every year, and that when better tax breaks or a recession sets in, the workers take the full brunt of the economic hit.

To conservatives and libertarians, unions are not a powerful tool that can empower workers, but market distortions that slows down growth and are annoyance to big business.

If you say you are pro-worker, but anti union, then I know you're a snake oil salesman. This is Trump

Last edited:

what?

while your job can be a part of who u are,it doesn't define your whole existence.

Trump spoke directly to da blue collar folks, gave em a voice and a purpose, spoke directly to their cause.

Globalization is a direct threat to union labor in da United States. Da way Trump spoke in Cincinnati da other day, ive never seen someone directly address da concerns of da rust belt.

Trump looking like be bout to set America on a course that every Citizen was yearning for.

he's got 4 years to prove himself, if he delivers? he'll go down ib da history books as da most incredible run in US history.

we're already in hallowed ground now.

I'm lost at "Reagan Democrat values." Don't think I've ever even heard Regan and democrat used in the same sentence.

Trump spoke to our cause? doubt it.

Right to work is a direct threat to union labor in the USA. 26 states now that are Right to work, I'm expecting that number to grow. Look at Wisconsin and what Scott Walker did to Labor unions. The GOP has never been, and never will be beneficial to labor unions.

I'm lost at "Reagan Democrat values." Don't think I've ever even heard Regan and democrat used in the same sentence.

thats because you're young,...thats a classic political demographic.

who do think voted Ronald Reagan into Office into power in 1980 and his re-election in 1984....

seems u gotta do some research b, no slight or slander intended.

Trump spoke to our cause? doubt it.

Right to work is a direct threat to union labor in the USA. 26 states now that are Right to work, I'm expecting that number to grow. Look at Wisconsin and what Scott Walker did to Labor unions. The GOP has never been, and never will be beneficial to labor unions.

Reagan democrats

That's a *** beating. dems only took Minnesota that year.

Never in my life would did I think I would utter these words, but.................Sarah Plain is right :smh: :x :lol:

What a time to wish you were dead

Reagan Democrats don't exist anymore...they're just plain old (literally and figuratively) Republicans now.

Sarah Palin is the voice of reason now? Ninja and Nephew faking the intellectual funk? This country really has gone to ****

Ford told Trump that they want relaxed Fuel economy laws, less corporate taxes, and clear safety guidelines for self driving cars (meaning to their tastes), in order to not move a plant to Mexico.

The Art of the Deal

So it's starting to look like Trumps Taiwan call and break of norms might be way more premeditated than a simple diplomatic blunder...

Here's a piece from one of his main foreign policy advisors and a top Bush 2.0 era neocon, John Bolton, on the topic of China and "a diplomatic ladder of escalation that would compel Beijing's attention."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-u-s-can-play-a-taiwan-card-1453053872

Tell me that doesn't sound familiar...

The stupidity it takes to believe that China wouldn't overreact or have counter moves astounds me. They could easily prop up North Korea in return or just straight up pull a Crimea. Not to mention how easily they could escalate things economically and inflict more damage to the US economy than their own. Trumps team would really be playing with fire on the Taiwan issue man...it's even more important to the Chinese government than any of the South China Sea disputes that have been in the headlines in recent years.

Of course this is Bolton's MO though,dude has never met a war he didn't like and would probably be gleeful along with his defense contractor buddies at the thought of armed conflict with China

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom