***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What would America be without CA and NY since y'all want to discount our/their votes.

But they were cool with Ted Cruz even though we KNOW he wasn't born in the country :lol:

Where he was born never mattered in the first place because his mother grew up here and is American.

Statute, by parentage[edit]
Under certain circumstances, children may acquire U.S. citizenship from their parents. The Naturalization Act of 1790 provided for birthright citizenship for children born out of U.S. jurisdiction to two citizen parents. In 1855, this was extended to children with citizen fathers and noncitizen mothers,[12] and, in 1934, to children with citizen mothers and noncitizen fathers.[13] From 1940 until 1978, a child born abroad who acquired U.S. citizenship at birth but had only one U.S. citizen parent had to fulfill a "retention requirement" of residing, or being physically present, in the United States or its outlying possessions for a certain number of years before reaching a specified age. Otherwise the child would not retain the U.S. citizenship (hence the name "retention requirement"). The retention requirement was changed several times, eliminated in 1978, and subsequently eliminated with retroactive effect in 1994.[14]

Children born overseas to married parents[edit]
The following conditions affect children born outside the U.S. and its outlying possessions to married parents (special conditions affect children born out of wedlock: see below):[15]

If both parents are U.S. citizens, the child is a citizen if either of the parents has ever had a residence in the U.S. prior to the child's birth
If one parent is a U.S. citizen and the other parent is a U.S. national, the child is a citizen if the U.S. citizen parent has lived in the U.S. for a continuous period of at least one year prior to the child's birth
If one parent is a U.S. citizen and the other parent is not, the child is a citizen if
the U.S. citizen parent has been "physically present"[16] in the U.S. before the child's birth for a total period of at least five years, and
at least two of those five years were after the U.S. citizen parent's fourteenth birthday.[17]
Children born overseas out of wedlock[edit]
There is an asymmetry in the way citizenship status of children born overseas to unmarried parents, only one of whom is a U.S. citizen, is handled.

Title 8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (c) provides that children born abroad after December 24, 1952 to unmarried American mothers are U.S. citizens, as long as the mother has lived in the U.S. for a continuous period of at least one year at any time prior to the birth.

8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that children born to American fathers unmarried to the children's non-American mothers are considered U.S. citizens only if the father meets the "physical presence" conditions described above, and the father takes several actions:

Unless deceased, has agreed to provide financial support to the child until he reaches 18,
Establish paternity by clear and convincing evidence and, while the person is under the age of 18 years
the person is legitimated under the law of the person’s residence or domicile,
the father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or
the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.
8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that acknowledgment of paternity can be shown by acknowledging paternity under oath and in writing; having the issue adjudicated by a court; or having the child otherwise "legitimated" by law.

Same with Ted. If his parents were Americans and established residence anywhere in the US prior to his birth, he is American by birth. All this nonsense about where they are born is invalid when at least one of your parents is American and has lived here.

Last edited:
Where he was born never mattered in the first place because his mother grew up here and is American.

Under certain circumstances, children may acquire U.S. citizenship from their parents. The Naturalization Act of 1790 provided for birthright citizenship for children born out of U.S. jurisdiction to two citizen parents. In 1855, this was extended to children with citizen fathers and noncitizen mothers,[12] and, in 1934, to children with citizen mothers and noncitizen fathers.[13] From 1940 until 1978, a child born abroad who acquired U.S. citizenship at birth but had only one U.S. citizen parent had to fulfill a "retention requirement" of residing, or being physically present, in the United States or its outlying possessions for a certain number of years before reaching a specified age. Otherwise the child would not retain the U.S. citizenship (hence the name "retention requirement"). The retention requirement was changed several times, eliminated in 1978, and subsequently eliminated with retroactive effect in 1994.[14]

The following conditions affect children born outside the U.S. and its outlying possessions to married parents (special conditions affect children born out of wedlock: see below):[15]

If both parents are U.S. citizens, the child is a citizen if either of the parents has ever had a residence in the U.S. prior to the child's birth
If one parent is a U.S. citizen and the other parent is a U.S. national, the child is a citizen if the U.S. citizen parent has lived in the U.S. for a continuous period of at least one year prior to the child's birth
If one parent is a U.S. citizen and the other parent is not, the child is a citizen if
the U.S. citizen parent has been "physically present"[16] in the U.S. before the child's birth for a total period of at least five years, and
at least two of those five years were after the U.S. citizen parent's fourteenth birthday.[17]
There is an asymmetry in the way citizenship status of children born overseas to unmarried parents, only one of whom is a U.S. citizen, is handled.

Title 8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (c) provides that children born abroad after December 24, 1952 to unmarried American mothers are U.S. citizens, as long as the mother has lived in the U.S. for a continuous period of at least one year at any time prior to the birth.

8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that children born to American fathers unmarried to the children's non-American mothers are considered U.S. citizens only if the father meets the "physical presence" conditions described above, and the father takes several actions:

Unless deceased, has agreed to provide financial support to the child until he reaches 18,
Establish paternity by clear and convincing evidence and, while the person is under the age of 18 years
the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.
8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that acknowledgment of paternity can be shown by acknowledging paternity under oath and in writing; having the issue adjudicated by a court; or having the child otherwise "legitimated" by law.

Same with Ted. If his parents were Americans and established residence anywhere in the US prior to his birth, he is American by birth. All this nonsense about where they are born is invalid when at least one of your parents is American and has lived here.

No, I know that. It's just wild the same people who support this birther movement about Obama gave zero dambs about Ted.

I was just highlighting the hypocrisy.

Dude has also admitted to personally killing folks while he was mayor and couldnt even remember the number...WTF
roll.gif
sick.gif
Dude is a real life Lil Ze'

These birthers are tenacious.

Unless you can prove that Obama's mother wasn't an American when he was born (she was), and that she hadn't lived for at least a year in the US anytime before his birth (she did), you cannot assert that Obama isn't a natural born citizen.

What's so hard to understand?

I can't trust Obama. I... I've read about him and he's not.... he's not... he's... he's an Arab. :nerd:

No, I know that. It's just wild the same people who support this birther movement about Obama gave zero dambs about Ted.

I was just highlighting the hypocrisy.

Gotcha.

Trasoul82, even if Obama was supposedly born in Kenya, how does that make him an Arab? Kenyans are not Arabs. Also, he has an American parent and therefore is American by default. This is proof of how illiterate most Americans are. Dudes don't even know basic geography or how this country's basic laws work.

Actually, I apologize for even addressing TraSoul82's moronic post in the first place. I don't interact with inbred and brainless dudes like him in real life, so I shouldn't do so on the internet either. Apologies NT

Last edited:

Unless you can prove that Obama's mother wasn't an American when he was born (she was), and that she hadn't lived for at least a year in the US anytime before his birth (she did), you cannot assert that Obama isn't a natural born citizen.

I can't trust Obama. I... I've read about him and he's not.... he's not... he's... he's an Arab. :nerd:

The only thing worst that you're diet xenophobic trolling in here is your garbage rap music.

Your post are circus bathroom status

I think Tra was mimicking that one old hag who said that during a McCain town hall thing. Right Tra? Don't make me look like a **** here.

@realDonaldTrump:The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes

A new nuclear arms race seems to be on the way...hooray :smh:

Dude has also admitted to personally killing folks while he was mayor and couldnt even remember the number...WTF :rofl: :x

Dude is a real life Lil Ze'

*wee-bey gif*

:rofl:

He might be even worse though since he's actually a head of state :lol: :x,Lil Ze only ruled the favelas

The only thing worst that you're diet xenophobic trolling in here is your garbage rap music.

Awwww.....

I'm going to make a big bowl of plain grits and season it with your dehydrated tears come inauguration day.

Mmm-mmm

Awwww.....

I'm going to make a big bowl of plain grits and season it with your dehydrated tears come inauguration day.

Mmm-mmm

And I am sure you're gonna be eating a big plate of butter biscuits to go along with that.

Last edited:
C'mon... You can do better than that, Rusty. Please tell me I missed a pun or something...

da deplorables at it again: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...rica-woman-tells-latina-shoppers-rant-n698776

'Speak English, You're in America,' Woman Tells Latina Shoppers in Rant Caught on Camera

A JCPenney shopper went on an expletive-laden tirade against two Latina customers earlier this week, telling them to "go back where they belong" in a rant that was caught on video.

And yes, she is a Trump supporter.

Why continue to give this fringe hatred a voice? And then try to categorize all Trump supporters as if they would condone this? This is supposed to be a time of healing.

Anyhoo... You guys have been great. I'll be back for a chat a few days from inauguration... Be safe you guys. And love each other.

And remember... Love Trump's Hair. Or something like that.

da deplorables at it again: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...rica-woman-tells-latina-shoppers-rant-n698776

'Speak English, You're in America,' Woman Tells Latina Shoppers in Rant Caught on Camera

A JCPenney shopper went on an expletive-laden tirade against two Latina customers earlier this week, telling them to "go back where they belong" in a rant that was caught on video.

And yes, she is a Trump supporter.

"Real" Americans taking their got damb country back :smokin

Of course this was in Kentucky :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom