***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So does that make New Jersey metropolis

And Chris Christie is Superman

I am thankful I am on a train on the way to the airport, because I don't have to waste my time addressing that top level deflection in detail.

Nothing is ever racist or discriminatory when it comes to black people, because you assume that a few people in the process where not racist.

And yes Eli Whitney deserves blame, he intentionally marketed his invention to Southern Slave owner, and it was used as an major economic justification for keeping slavery around. If the cotton him does make slavery so much more profitable, the economics of it could have weaken the system earlier. You don't know black history, stop talking about black history.

You trying to deflect from discrimination by just saying "that is not what a few of them meant". Sorry, but that is a bull **** excuse.

And of course, do New York City example.

Why do you have such a problem with racism and discrimination against black people being discussed? You run to the defense of the of executors of white supremacy without fail.

problem is your deflecting by dismissing da aforementioned examples laid out extremely detailed, NYC being da perfect example seeing as how it was da microcosm of everything else...(Robert moses inspired city planners for decades, and his Parkways preceded da national highway by years)

you're only looking at da movie from da ending, and dismissing da 1st 2 acts.

when u couch things from a racial component point of view u miss ALOT of detail and nuance, thays why i don't ever go by it as my first go to option like others...i know ALOT about Robert moses and NYC...da automobile played ALOT more into what u think ended up affecting blacks fom a transportation point of view as far as Highways that lead to urban decay than anything from da "white supremacy" trope. of course u had things like redlining, which played a factor in what neighborhoods Concentrated black communities in numbers.

but when u fail to acknowledge and account for da fact that da Original gorgeous Penn Station was levelled, SoHo was almost lost, and historical masterpiece Grand Central Station nearly met da same demise because of what was considered "irrelevant" by da same forces that leveled slums of impoverished neighborhoods occupied by blacks, Italians, hispanics, jews, germans and Irish...and even white christans.

feels like you're not looking at da big picture, just concentrating on race.

Last edited:
I am thankful I am on a train on the way to the airport, because I don't have to waste my time addressing that top level deflection in detail.

Nothing is ever racist or discriminatory when it comes to black people, because you assume that a few people in the process where not racist.

And yes Eli Whitney deserves blame, he intentionally marketed his invention to Southern Slave owner, and it was used as an major economic justification for keeping slavery around. If the cotton him does make slavery so much more profitable, the economics of it could have weaken the system earlier. You don't know black history, stop talking about black history.

You trying to deflect from discrimination by just saying "that is not what a few of them meant". Sorry, but that is a bull **** excuse.

And of course, do New York City example.

Why do you have such a problem with racism and discrimination against black people being discussed? You run to the defense of the of executors of white supremacy without fail.

problem is your deflecting by dismissing da aforementioned examples laid out extremely detailed, NYC being da perfect example seeing as how it was da microcosm of everything else...(Robert moses inspired city planners for decades, and his Parkways preceded da national highway by years)

you're only looking at da movie from da ending, and dismissing da 1st 2 acts.

when u couch things from a racial component point of view u miss ALOT of detail and nuance, thays why i don't ever go by it as my first go to option like others...i know ALOT about Robert moses and NYC...da automobile played ALOT more into what u think ended up affecting blacks fom a transportation point of view as far as Highways that lead to urban decay than anything from da "white supremacy" trope. of course u had things like redlining, which played a factor in what neighborhoods Concentrated black communities in numbers.

but when u fail to acknowledge and account for da fact that da Original gorgeous Penn Station was levelled, SoHo was almost lost, and historical masterpiece Grand Central Station nearly met da same demise because of what was considered "irrelevant" by da same forces that leveled slums of impoverished neighborhoods occupied by blacks, Italians, hispanics, jews, germans and Irish...and even white christans.

feels like you're not looking at da big picture, just concentrating on race.

A man can dream.

https://t.co/CHUwadWHL4
Donald Trump adviser accused in lawsuits of hiring white men to discriminate and physically attack African-Americans

"How much worse can it get?"

"What do we have to lose?"

Should post all of this in the Kaepernick thread. Cats were in there arguing about the effectiveness of voting. Even then, I doubt it lights a fire under their *****.

Agreed 100%!!

The DNC Chair debate is tonight. Basically it will come down to Perez v. Ellison.

People will frame it as the Obama/Clinton Wing v. The Sanders Wing

But rumour is that Clinton has told her donors to support Ellison.

Ellison is like the Rich Dad Kid of the Democratic Party. Famb must know where the bodies are buried for everyone to be pushing for him like this.

The DNC Chair debate is tonight. Basically it will come down to Perez v. Ellison.

Ellison is like the Rich Dad Kid of the Democratic Party. Famb must know where the bodies are buried for everyone to be pushing for him like this.

From what I've been reading the DNC chair is a non ideological position, it's infastructure/orginization position right, so why is this about Sanders v Clinton wing and their ideological battles?

after reading and listening to a couple interviews with Perez and Ellison, I think Ellison is coming from this at the right angle, in terms of expanding the electorate and turning out the vote in ways that he seems to have executed on in his district.

I would go Ellison.

From what I've been reading the DNC chair is a non ideological position, it's infastructure/orginization position right, so why is this about Sanders v Clinton wing and their ideological battles?

after reading and listening to a couple interviews with Perez and Ellison, I think Ellison is coming from this at the right angle, in terms of expanding the electorate and turning out the vote in ways that he seems to have executed on in his district.

I would go Ellison.

It is not an ideological thing.

It is a control and trust thing.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2005/7/8/128994/-

Why Toyota chose Canada over Alabama/Mississippi.
Jul 08, 2005 11:03pm EDT by wegerje
Comment large165
(From the diaries. More evidence that an educated workforce and government-subsidized health care are the best forms of economic development -- kos)

They got a $125 Million is subsidies from the Canadians. But that wasn't what sealed the deal, because several southern states offered nearly double the subsidies. What sealed the deal was the quality of education that their potential workers in Canada possesed.

The extra subsidies offered by the U.S. state would have been eaten up by the need to train and educate the workers in those states to the standards of a modern mechanized and digitized automobile plant. CBC news reports:
The factory will cost $800 million to build, with the federal and provincial governments kicking in $125 million of that to help cover research, training and infrastructure costs.
Several U.S. states were reportedly prepared to offer more than double that amount of subsidy. But Fedchun said much of that extra money would have been eaten away by higher training costs than are necessary for the Woodstock project.

He said Nissan and Honda have encountered difficulties getting new plants up to full production in recent years in Mississippi and Alabama due to an untrained - and often illiterate - workforce. In Alabama, trainers had to use "pictorials" to teach some illiterate workers how to use high-tech plant equipment.

"The educational level and the skill level of the people down there is so much lower than it is in Ontario," Fedchun said.

It's ironic that those southern states were willing to fork over the money to get the plant, but not to spend the same money to raise the educational standards in their schools. It's a classic penny-wise, pound-foolish approach.

But what about a northern state with better education. Well too bad northern states, you also are being "penny-wise and pound-foolish".

Only now it's health care that is a show stopper"

In addition to lower training costs, Canadian workers are also $4 to $5 cheaper to employ partly thanks to the taxpayer-funded health-care system in Canada, said federal Industry Minister David Emmerson.
"Most people don't think of our health-care system as being a competitive advantage," he said.

Tanguay said Toyota's decision on where to build its seventh North American plant was "not only about money."

"It's about being in the right place," he said, noting the company can rely on the expertise of experienced Cambridge workers to help get Woodstock up and running.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2005/7/8/128994/-

Why Toyota chose Canada over Alabama/Mississippi.
Jul 08, 2005 11:03pm EDT by wegerje
Comment large165
(From the diaries. More evidence that an educated workforce and government-subsidized health care are the best forms of economic development -- kos)

They got a $125 Million is subsidies from the Canadians. But that wasn't what sealed the deal, because several southern states offered nearly double the subsidies. What sealed the deal was the quality of education that their potential workers in Canada possesed.

The extra subsidies offered by the U.S. state would have been eaten up by the need to train and educate the workers in those states to the standards of a modern mechanized and digitized automobile plant. CBC news reports:
The factory will cost $800 million to build, with the federal and provincial governments kicking in $125 million of that to help cover research, training and infrastructure costs.
Several U.S. states were reportedly prepared to offer more than double that amount of subsidy. But Fedchun said much of that extra money would have been eaten away by higher training costs than are necessary for the Woodstock project.

He said Nissan and Honda have encountered difficulties getting new plants up to full production in recent years in Mississippi and Alabama due to an untrained - and often illiterate - workforce. In Alabama, trainers had to use "pictorials" to teach some illiterate workers how to use high-tech plant equipment.

"The educational level and the skill level of the people down there is so much lower than it is in Ontario," Fedchun said.

It's ironic that those southern states were willing to fork over the money to get the plant, but not to spend the same money to raise the educational standards in their schools. It's a classic penny-wise, pound-foolish approach.

But what about a northern state with better education. Well too bad northern states, you also are being "penny-wise and pound-foolish".

Only now it's health care that is a show stopper"

In addition to lower training costs, Canadian workers are also $4 to $5 cheaper to employ partly thanks to the taxpayer-funded health-care system in Canada, said federal Industry Minister David Emmerson.
"Most people don't think of our health-care system as being a competitive advantage," he said.

Tanguay said Toyota's decision on where to build its seventh North American plant was "not only about money."

"It's about being in the right place," he said, noting the company can rely on the expertise of experienced Cambridge workers to help get Woodstock up and running.

Too much irony, my stomach can't take it.

State Hillary Clinton Donald Trump
Alabama 729,547 34.36% 1,318,255 62.08%
Mississippi 485,131 40.11% 700,714 57.94%

Back
Top Bottom