***Official Political Discussion Thread***

People keep saying, "He's nothing like Hitler." However, doesn't the Muslim Registry he's proposed, seem eerily similar to the Stars of David the Jews had to wear in Nazi Germany?

The Nazis started with a registry and special badges - stopping people at the border isn't too many steps removed from herding them into extermination camps.

Are the same people that collected into on Iraq, the same people that collected into on Russia this year? Hmmm

Also, it is known Bush embellished the intelligence at the time LINK

In addition...

It was intelligence agents, that went back and investigated the errors that were made.

-Anyone could see that the hacks and false news that were spread last years, was mainly intended to hurt Hillary Clinton. But you can keep playing dumb if you would like.

Same individuals? Debatable.

Same people? For sure. Intelligence agencies have been lying since their inception. I lurk this thread, you guys are too smart to be this naive regarding the credibility of intelligence agencies.
You came in here on your high horse to spread a false equivalency and act superior

Now you're confronting with facts, your only option is to shoot the messenger

Your comment has been picked apart. Maybe all us smart dudes are more informed that you, so our opinion and more rooted in reality.

And you are the naive one to think just making a shallow "it goes both ways" argument makes you look more reasonable.

Last edited:
Intelligence agencies collect info. What the executive and legislative branches do with it is a bit out of their hands, isn't it?

You should also remember that people in the IC and the military-industrial complex largely lean right, so I wonder why they would want to undermine a republican president, as they're usually the ones who defend the military interests. Could it be that Trump isn't what he portrays himself to be?

Last edited:
People keep saying, "He's nothing like Hitler." However, doesn't the Muslim Registry he's proposed, seem eerily similar to the Stars of David the Jews had to wear in Nazi Germany?

The Nazis started with a registry and special badges - stopping people at the border isn't too many steps removed from herding them into extermination camps.
Well in his speech he said he wanted to eradicate radical Islamic terrorism
It's pretty clear which group is going to be targeted and there's going to be a lot of collateral damage coming out of this even with no registry

Last edited:
Liberals are not saying the election itself were hacked. Only a had full of liberals, John Lewis most famous, called him illegitimate. Liberals have not started a movement to call Trump illegimate because "Russia hacked the election"

To be fair, there was a YouGov poll posted here not too long ago that showed ~50% of Clinton voters believe Russia successfully tampered w/ vote counts to get Trump elected.

This means little. It is still a false equivalency

Are liberal marching on Washington demanding a birth certificate like the Tea Party members

Are high profile liberals parroting this talking point or implicitly saying that there might be truth to it with some conservatives did.

Are liberal pundits parroting this talking point constantly.

Liberals are not acting in the same way conservatives did in 2008.

Last edited:
You came in here on your high horse to spread a false equivalency and act superior

Your comment has been picked apart. Maybe all us smart dudes are more informed that you, so our opinion and more rooted in reality.

And you are the naive one to think just making a shallow "it goes both ways" argument makes you look more reasonable.

It's only a false equivalency because it doesnt fit your narrative.

This means little.

No, it has value. Do you remember when a lot of American folks somehow believed S.Hussein orchestrated 9 1 1?

At the time, I remember getting into an argument with a group of folks that believed that and when I argued against it - i was asked
"Why are you so bitter?" Like a personal attack satisfied them more than the the truth.

Last edited:
Could it be that Trump isn't what he portrays himself to be?

An old, very wise person once told me "You'll never meet an honest politician."

Of course you won't. But when a politician has the honesty to acknowledge it (Hillary's comment about public/private opinion), the pitchforks come out :lol:

I was mostly refering to the open pandering to military, law-and-order folks, even after having insulted POWs and KIAs on the campaign trail and beyond contrasted with his remarks full of praise towards Putin (who hasn't done anything of note for us lately) and his reluctance to criticize him and even acknowledge our traditional allies.

It's only a false equivalency because it doesnt fit your narrative.

It is a false equivalency because it doesn't fit with reality.

Next time you want to act smug, come more correct

Last edited:
Yeah, I was going to bring that up to Belgium Belgium as far as a "path" may be koncerned. I agree with him saying Trump isn't as koherent with his message. While I don't think Trump is exaktly like Hitler, Mussolini, nor Mao, I do believe he is on his way down that slippery slope. His kult of personality is certainly similar, n his populist, xenophobik, n racist attitudes aren't helping the argument against the komparisons.

People will riot if something happens to NPR and PBS. There's too much at stake to let both of them lose funding. That would put to much heat on house repubs

Last edited:
People will riot if something happens to NPR and PBS.

Nah, they'll just donate more. I think the cut is $500 million/yr.

It's the affiliate radio stations that will probably suffer as it will mean less coverage of local news in smaller communities.

Last edited:
People will riot if something happens to NPR and PBS. There's too much at stake to let both of them lose funding. That would put to much heat on house repubs
as long as the move is strongly associated with trump and republicans, it'll hurt them far more than an extra 500 million in the federal budget would ($1 tax breaks for all!). but let them shoot themselves in the foot.

Liberals are being just as hysterical as conservatives were when Obama was elected. When Obama was elected conservatives yelled "illegitimate!! Barack Hussein Obama is a muslim! Where's his birth certificate!!!???". Trump is elected and all of a sudden there's a "Russia Conspiracy" and Trump is "illegitimate".

Three straight voting cycles "illegitimate", but yet you people still go out and vote. :lol:

You sideline, faux intelligent "independents" have to realize that there are bigger issues at hand than pointing out rhetoric. Great, another useless, unproven point out of the "independent's" system, now what? Are yall ready to engage in the real world or waste more time trying to sound smart with a 3rd party view from your own mind?

I was mostly refering to the open pandering to military, law-and-order folks, even after having insulted POWs and KIAs on the campaign trail and beyond contrasted with his remarks full of praise towards Putin (who hasn't done anything of note for us lately) and his reluctance to criticize him and even acknowledge our traditional allies.

Yes I am leery about this whole USA/Russia drama.

During the presidential debates - it became clear to me that Hillary was gonna try & resume The Cold War.
Now the media is painting Trump as a Russian sympathizer. I don't like either extreme & don't know how its gonna play out...

You know the crazy thing. Wit the current consistency of misinformation this administration is peddling, and our current educational system, they could literally start doing this widespread. I swear this feels like some Man In The High Castle crap, creating alternate realities.

as long as the move is strongly associated with trump and republicans, it'll hurt them far more than an extra 500 million in the federal budget would ($1 tax breaks for all!). but let them shoot themselves in the foot.
People don't realize that the Congress is the one that creates the budget for such though. Meanwhile Trump is soaking up all the "credit" for the cuts in budget. The Republican plan is really coming to fruitation. Have the president get all the blame while they continue hacking away at programs they find undesirable to fund the military industry complex. :x

8 billion fans in attendance.

But your stadium can't even fit a million....

Trumpettes : you can't quantify crowds, #altfacts

You sideline, faux intelligent "independents" have to realize that there are bigger issues at hand than pointing out rhetoric. Great, another useless, unproven point out of the "independent's" system, now what? Are yall ready to engage in the real world or waste more time trying to sound smart with a 3rd party view from your own mind?

I believe he made a fair point grounded in reality.
And it shines light on more than just rhetoric but rather the system itself & suspension of disbelief. Core components.

Top Trump aide Kellyanne Conway... ...was challenged by Chuck Todd on NBC's Meet the Press to say why Mr Spicer's first appearance had been to "utter a probable falsehood".

Pressed on Mr Spicer's claims, she said he had been presenting "alternative facts".

this sounds like the argument that the government was pushing school shootings so they could justify taking all our guns.

I bet those flat earth loonies think they have "alternative facts" too. It's insulting to anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence that blatant falsehoods are now "alternative facts"

Back
Top Bottom