***Official Political Discussion Thread***

C4FHOSCW8AI-0Ax.jpg

I hope it does happen but we still keep putting too much faith in the same cats over and over as if they will change. Best thing would be to get fresh blood in there but that's easier said than done. When you think about it, the baby boomers control our country, and many of em are out of touch.
i do wish it does happen but people are so misinformed when it comes to these things that its frustrating people dont vote. i hope people do come out for 2018 but what we need is to have Dems have a majority. they will fall in line with much of their party ideology as the republicans are doing with Trump. they cant really do much currently but its not like they need to because this administration has no problems making fools of themselves

What Pence did in breaking the tie on his own nominee is unprecedented :x

Last edited:
The Dems could win back the House in 2018 if the map was fair, but it is gerrymandered to hell so at best they might win a couple seats.

The Senate map look horrible, they are really just trying to avoid the GOP getting a super-majority. 2020 does not even look that good either, even though it is much better.

Then you got the people that don't even know (the importance of them) or care about midterm elections. The classic example is the "Obama didn't do anything, and I voted for him twice" dudes. Ask them if they voted in midterms, and 9 times out of 10 they didn't. They have no idea Congress pass bills too.

Where the Dems will eat if the GOP and Trump continues down the track is Governor race and State Legislators.

Which is very important because if we can getting voter access up, and gerrymandering keeps getting hurt in the courts, that will be great for Team blue come 2020.

Last edited:
I hope it does happen but we still keep putting too much faith in the same cats over and over as if they will change. Best thing would be to get fresh blood in there but that's easier said than done. When you think about it, the baby boomers control our country, and many of em are out of touch.

i do wish it does happen but people are so misinformed when it comes to these things that its frustrating people dont vote. i hope people do come out for 2018 but what we need is to have Dems have a majority. they will fall in line with much of their party ideology as the republicans are doing with Trump. they cant really do much currently but its not like they need to because this administration has no problems making fools of themselves

that's the main problem, people are uninformed and refuse to educate themselves. Not saying you have to know everything about what's going on but educate yourself enough to make a decision based off of what you've learned and not based off of what your party says or what someone else tells you. Funny thing is, all these small rural towns are going to be hurt the worse by shorty and they'll still find a way to blame liberals.

We have a secretary of education that knows nothing about and dislikes public education, because her family donated a lot of money. :lol:

Funny thing about shorty being in charge of education is alotta trumps voters are in places where the local public school is all they got , it's like the hub of activity in those small, slow towns but trump picks somebody to be in charge of messing with public education :lol: :smh:

Amnesty: Up to 13,000 Hanged in Syria's 'Slaughterhouse'

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/02/07/world/middleeast/ap-ml-syria-mass-hangings.html

The Syrian prison was known to detainees as "the slaughterhouse." Behind its closed doors, the military police hanged as many of 13,000 people over the course of four years before carting out their bodies by the truckload for burial in mass graves, according to a new report issued by Amnesty International.

"There are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent?"

Funny thing about shorty being in charge of education is alotta trumps voters are in places where the local public school is all they got , it's like the hub of activity in those small, slow towns but trump picks somebody to be in charge of messing with public education :lol: :smh:

I just said that they gon be the ones to suffer the most :lol: Same w/ the ACA, "we voted for you, why would you do this to us?"

Pablo S. Torre@PabloTorre 9m9 minutes ago

=A president who had to pay $25M to victims he scammed through his fake university successfully auctioned off the US Dept of Education. Cool

"I hope [Trump] don't take the benefits away, but at the same time, I think that once more jobs come in a lot of people won't need the benefits," says Hayes, who currently receives about $500 a month from government assistance. She's also on Obamacare.

Back
Top Bottom