***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I have to take issue with a number of my liberal friends, with whom I normally agree. I do not like this center left fatalism on economics and politics. You guys are basically saying "oh yeah. outsourcing just happens. The outsized influence of finance over manufacturing just happened." No my friends, those were policy choices.

Tell me how you would have prevented it from happening?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

As far as I can tell manufacturing jobs are dead, and they were always going to die

and I continue to believe that the obsession with manufacturing jobs is an irrational fixation that afflicts both the left and the right.

Last edited:

I'm not going to run down my entire economic plan but I'll throw a few things out there: Keep Glass-Steagall, have the Fed give more priority to employment rather than bond yields (make the Federal Funds rate 4% or 6% the target) , get ride of "right to work," institute "card check," for starters. Above all, stop acting and talking like globalization and extreme income inequality is all just some just God given, natural phenomenon.

Last edited:
All them dudes are snakes, they gonna be cutting each other off at the knees every chance they get, is gonna be HILARIOUS.

where did the dig guy out of? last time I checked even MSNBC left him on da corner and he resorted to working for Gore's network before it was sold to Oil shieks :lol:

uhh you drive a truck stop looking down on people

umm da guy sucks at his job.. :lol:

hence why he's a glorified complex-esque news host.

Why does he suck?

so we're gonna forget why Keith been canned everywhere he's been at?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.medi...t-now-msnbc-spokesperson-mocks-olbermann/amp/

he's damn near blackballed :lol:

None of that even spoke to his quality on air or again, why he sucks. Him self destructing and destroying relationships doesn't equate to suck at his job.

As far as I can tell manufacturing jobs are dead, and they were always going to die

and I continue to believe that the obsession with manufacturing jobs is an irrational fixation that afflicts both the left and the right.

Automation is the way. People think China and other global population stole those jobs, nope, technology did. Education is a better way to bring jobs back but da og coal era don't want that.

Last edited:
where did the dig guy out of? last time I checked even MSNBC left him on da corner and he resorted to working for Gore's network before it was sold to Oil shieks :lol:

uhh you drive a truck stop looking down on people

umm da guy sucks at his job.. :lol:

hence why he's a glorified complex-esque news host.

Why does he suck?

so we're gonna forget why Keith been canned everywhere he's been at?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.medi...t-now-msnbc-spokesperson-mocks-olbermann/amp/

he's damn near blackballed :lol:

None of that even spoke to his quality on air or again, why he sucks. Him self destructing and destroying relationships doesn't equate to suck at his job.

c'mmmmmmmmmon :lol:

part of being good at your job is keeping it & not getting canned.

ESPN even gave him another chance and he pissed it away.

There's nothing wrong with parents creating a trust for their children.

It's funny how Bill Gates and Warren Buffett aren't giving a damn cent to their kids when they pass away though :lol:

Wrong. They are giving like 5-10 million and then the rest they are donating to charities they run.

And :rofl: at ninja defending nepotism and the like. You haven't exactly made it to take advantage of it so don't you worry about it. However, many of us on this forum have and have family members that will do this does affect us. Seems like the only thing you'll be inheriting is a rent controlled apartment :lol:

pssh if ya only knew :lol:

do da math b...I'm a only child, who u think benefitted from savings pounds of cold hard currency for decades, and let's their son fly out to Miami to drop 15k on a cuban....

let's just leave it like that 8)

buh bye estate tax :pimp:

fall1.gif

Ded.

pssh if ya only knew
laugh.gif

do da math b...I'm a only child, who u think benefitted from savings pounds of cold hard currency for decades, and let's their son fly out to Miami to drop 15k on a cuban....

let's just leave it like that
glasses.gif

buh bye estate tax
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

He really typed out "let's their son fly out to Miami to drop 15k on a Cuban...."

My dude is so disconnected from reality, do you even know your age bro?...you don't need your moms permission to get on a plane man..

I'm not going to run down my entire economic plan but I'll throw a few things out there: Keep Glass-Steagall, have the Fed give more priority to employment rather than bond yields (make the Federal Funds rate 4% or 6% the target) , get ride of "right to work," institute "card check," for starters. Above all, stop acting and talking like globalization and extreme income inequality is all just some just God given, natural phenomenon.

And all this stops manufacturing jobs from dying? Really?

Last edited:
Can we all just have a cease fire on Ninja and his personal life?

Yes it is extremely hypocritical to be a rugged individualist while benefiting from a rent stabilized home. However, all the stuff about his job, assets and his relationship with his mother seems gratuitous.

Yes it is extremely hypocritical to be a rugged individualist while benefiting from a rent stabilized home. However, all the stuff about his job, assets and his relationship with his mother seems gratuitous.

Agreed. He digs a hole at times ("let") but it's a bit much now.

We will not bring back the old smoke stack, steel mills, economies do change and have creative destruction. However the extractive character of the economy is a policy choice, as is income inequality, as is regional inequality as is labor precarity as is the extreme boom-bust nature of the economy.

The neoliberal right was wrong when it said that black people should just "adapt" to deindustrialization and the neoliberal left is wrong when they say the same thing about poor whites (although I will readily concede that poor whites do, in a karmic sense, deserve their plight due to their voting for Republicans over the last several decades).

I was thinking to end it because it'll cease the attention he desperately craves. No attention, no ninjahood.

i disagree with 99% of his political views and especially his stance on the environment, but all the personal attacks are in poor taste.

We will not bring back the old smoke stack, steel mills, economies do change and have creative destruction. However the extractive character of the economy is a policy choice, as is income inequality, as is regional inequality as is labor precarity as is the extreme boom-bust nature of the economy.

The neoliberal right was wrong when it said that black people should just "adapt" to deindustrialization and the neoliberal left is wrong when they say the same thing about poor whites (although I will readily concede that poor whites do, in a karmic sense, deserve their plight due to their voting for Republicans over the last several decades).

I added this to may last post before you quoted:

Edit: From reading the post Osh quoted, while I do agree in principle..... Let us remember that most of the liberals in here are minorities, a large number of them black. For our entire lives conservatives and moderates whites have pedaled the "pick yourself up by your bootstraps" rhetoric. And this election comes along and folk in the Rust Belt -- that help institute some of the worst neoliberal policymakers, and swear the are not like Southern white--committed a giant act of white supremacy. Let us not mix words, it was not just being callous, the straight up cosigned a man that promised to unleash hell on minorities. They committed the same sin and South whites did a generation before, yet they feel their results would be different for them.

They made that deal with the devil. So 3 weeks in, and before the worst even comes, I definitely understand liberal people of color being outright disgusted. And wanting to feed serve "working class white" the same dish they have been serving up to minorities since like forever.

This is just a economic replay of the crack and heroin epidemics. When policy makers where ravaging black communities, not one seemed to care. But let the pain touch the white middle class, now everyone needs to take that seriously.

Well **** Rex, sometimes that is hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom