***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Honestly thought all this Russian connection was overblown to discredit Trump, and I was fine with it, but it's seeming more and more legit. Russia cooking up in America's kitchen.

Ever heard the phrase: "the lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Didn't get that vibe from the defense?

given what we do know from his own mouth.. plus other circumstantial evidence

Last edited:
What in the obamanation is Sessions doing?

wot in urination are you talking about?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Word on the street is that Trump did business with the Russian mob and they recorded him while he was in Russia......... Morning Joe is gonna be lit tomorrow.

I hate Trump and this administration but playing devils advocate here because Im truly curious if this is just a hyped up story to create more controversy.

Wasn't Sessions apart of the foreign relations committee, in which case it would be okay to meet with Russian officials as that would be part of his job to meet with officials from forge in nations? As far as the perjury portion... his camp could easily play the angle that the meetings had nothing to do in relation to the campaign and therefore he technically did not lie during the confirmation hearing?

I'm not well versed in these matters but anyone got any insight on this? Am i missing a key piece?

I hate Trump and this administration but playing devils advocate here because Im truly curious if this is just a hyped up story to create more controversy.

Wasn't Sessions apart of the foreign relations committee, in which case it would be okay to meet with Russian officials as that would be part of his job to meet with officials from forge in nations? As far as the perjury portion... his camp could easily play the angle that the meetings had nothing to do in relation to the campaign and therefore he technically did not lie during the confirmation hearing?

I'm not well versed in these matters but anyone got any insight on this? Am i missing a key piece?
The Washington Post contacted all 26 members of the 2016 Senate Armed Services Committee to see whether any lawmakers besides Sessions met with Kislyak in 2016. Of the 20 lawmakers who responded, every senator, including Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.), said they did not meet with the Russian ambassador last year. The other lawmakers on the panel did not respond as of Wednesday evening.

“Members of the committee have not been beating a path to Kislyak’s door,” a senior Senate Armed Services Committee staffer said, citing tensions in relations with Moscow. Besides Sessions, the staffer added, “There haven’t been a ton of members who are looking to meet with Kislyak for their committee duties.”

Current and former U.S. officials say they see Kislyak as a diplomat, not an intelligence operative. But they were not sure to what extent, if any, Kislyak was aware of or involved in the covert Russian election campaign.

Steven Hall, former head of Russia operations at the CIA, said that Russia would have been keenly interested in cultivating a relationship with Sessions because of his role on key congressional committees and as an early adviser to Trump.

Sessions’s membership on the Armed Services Committee would have made him a priority for the Russian ambassador. “The fact that he had already placed himself at least ideologically behind Trump would have been an added bonus for Kislyak,” Hall said.

^ that's the angle trump and his people are pushing. it's desperation.

i would buy it if it was an isolated incident. but it's not. there's a pattern here and it's getting more difficult for Republican congressmen and congresswomen to give trump cover over Russia.

the fact is that trump was not up front about Russia from the start, and every week we have a new reveal of something damning between trump and Russia. this is not a string of coincidences. it's real.

again, they will try to argue it like you are saying, but it doesn't pass any test.

Just putting aside all politics for a second and taking a step back:

the president of the united states, along with many of his surrogates who he has placed into the highest positions in our government, had communications, business dealings, and perhaps more with a foreign power. not only that, this is a foreign power that we have sanctions against, and they were actively meddling in our election and are being investigated for this interference.

this is a movie plot, an outrageous one at that.

putting aside party and putting aside everything about trump as an individual, this alone is a major conspiracy and grounds for impeachment and potentially jail time for perjury and treason.

Watergate got nothing on this.

Last edited:
I think we just need an independent investigation into the Trump admin just to cut out all the bs and speculation
If they are found innocent, then whatever
If they have been found of such wrongdoing, they should either resign or be tried for perjury and treason

Lol it's just hilarious that Trump didn't even have 24 hrs to bask in the glow of what was probably his best speech as president (by his standards)

Lol it's just hilarious that Trump didn't even have 24 hrs to bask in the glow of what was probably his best speech as president (by his standards)

Bar not high

Funny the praise he was getting for that simple fact

Y'all seen Van Jones' comments on Trump's speech? This jackass said Trump using a dead solider's wife (a solider is recklessly sent to his death) as a political prop is one of the most extraordinary he has seen in politics, famb was sounding like he wanted to cry.

Van looking funny in the light. Brother Don gotta bless ole boy with some game.

Last edited:
Y'all scene Van Jones' comments on Trump's speech. This jackass said Trump using a dead solider's mom (a solider is reckless sent to his death) as a political prop is one of the most extraordinary he has seen in politics, famb was sounding like he wanted to cry.

Van was on that sherm last night. Couldn't believe what I was hearing from buddy, talmbout if Trump keeps it up he'll be there for 8 years. Man what?! Reading someone else's speech off a teleprompter is all it takes to be president for 8 years? FOH!!!

If he gets impeached what will happen?

I know Pence will be pres but for the rest of the 4 year term?

Will it have a bad affect on our economy.

Y'all scene Van Jones' comments on Trump's speech. This jackass said Trump using a dead solider's mom (a solider is reckless sent to his death) as a political prop is one of the most extraordinary he has seen in politics, famb was sounding like he wanted to cry.

btw the great part about this is that the trump campaign was planning to delay the new travel ban so that they could talk more tomorrow about the great speech he gave on Tuesday. van Jones must've been so excited over the prospect of grovelling for another full day over the greatest political moment of the past 100 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/trump-travel-ban-visa-holders/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom