***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Obviously not the major story right now.. but of course they did:

If he gets impeached what will happen?

I know Pence will be pres but for the rest of the 4 year term?

Will it have a bad affect on our economy.
pence would become president and finish the 4-year term. i think traditionally he would be operating in more of a caretaker role but that would depend heavily on what happens in the 2018 midterm elections.

i will leave the economic question to people more knowledgeable than me, but I would guess that it wouldn't necessarily have a big effect unless it reveals some uncertainty about our democracy. but if it goes smoothly i think the economy would be fine.

Y'all scene Van Jones' comments on Trump's speech. This jackass said Trump using a dead solider's mom (a solider is reckless sent to his death) as a political prop is one of the most extraordinary he has seen in politics, famb was sounding like he wanted to cry.

Van looking funny in the light. Brother Don gotta bless ole boy with some game.

btw the great part about this is that the trump campaign was planning to delay the new travel ban so that they could talk more tomorrow about the great speech he gave on Tuesday. van Jones must've been so excited over the prospect of grovelling for another full day over the greatest political moment of the past 100 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/trump-travel-ban-visa-holders/
I mean, looking at Van pre-this-week vs now... I'm not saying... I'm just saying...

get-out-2017-2.jpg

Trump gonna side step this Jeff sessions thing and keep it moving.

Sesh is going to say "damb, I can't even say hello to the Russians. My b. I'll do better next time"

Rinse and move on... While maintaining his post as AG.

Folks been saying "this will surely get Trump impeached!" For about a month now and it still ain't happened.

Very few Dems are making a big enough fuss about this, and few repubs age going to go against their own party.

Lots of smoke, but still no fire

Trump gonna side step this Jeff sessions thing and keep it moving.

Sesh is going to say "damb, I can't even say hello to the Russians. My b. I'll do better next time"

Rinse and move on... While maintaining his post as AG.

Folks been saying "this will surely get Trump impeached!" For about a month now and it still ain't happened.

Very few Dems are making a big enough fuss about this, and few repubs age going to go against their own party.

Lots of smoke, but still no fire

According to the NYT, Sessions met the Russian embassador twice during the election: first at a party with other dignitaries (nothing wrong about that, could have happened randomly), and then in an office (hmmmm). Being that he was in Trump's camp from the jump, he knew about Flynn, Carter Page, Manafort, Tillerson and their respective ties to Russia.

He still found a way to incriminate himself during the confirmation hearing by saying that he wasn't aware of any contacts with Russian officials AND he didn't entertain any during the election (BTW, dude tried to dodge Frankin's question).

My guess is that once confirmed as AG, he thought he would be able to control the flow of info out of the FBI and slow down investigations into Trump's dealings. He probably wasn't aware of what the Obama administration knew and how much they put out there.

I just don't see how they'll be able to dodge this.

Last edited:
Y'all seen Van Jones' comments on Trump's speech? This jackass said Trump using a dead solider's wife (a solider is recklessly sent to his death) as a political prop is one of the most extraordinary he has seen in politics, famb was sounding like he wanted to cry.

Van was sounding like Ninja.

Minimally, I think he'll have to recuse himself during the investigation.

How far are the House and Senate willing to go to ignore the fires? How many of them are tainted by Russia too??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Y'all should listen to today's Fresh Air on NPR. They had two journalists who have been working in/on Russia for years and they give some light on the post-election US from the perspective of the Kremlin. They're not happy with Trump and they're expecting blowback because their mission to undermine a Clinton presidency was too successful.
I listened to this segment as well it was very interesting..even more now with the new info out now.

Republicans take up the issue of state's rights when it comes to the protection of minorities, but have no problem ignoring it when corporate profits are at stake, says economist Dean Baker

Last edited:
Minimally, I think he'll have to recuse himself during the investigation.

This and wouldn't you know...

@spectatorindex: BREAKING: US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has offered to exclude himself from Russia investigation

@thehill: #BREAKING: Sessions offers to recuse himself from Russia investigation http://hill.cm/QIB4HaY

:pimp:

He's probably offering that to save his job as AG :lol:. That would be a start, government officials have set such a bad precedent in recent years of having officials and members of congress lie to congress without consequence that I think it'll be hard to get him and Trump to push for his resignation.

At least if he recuses himself from the Russia probe and investigation,a special independent investigator could be brought on so that the real investigation into the all of the smoke surrounding and regarding the Russian ties could begin...:nerd:

Sessions would've handled investigated the Russia connection with as much rigour and mindfulness as his DOJ would investigating WS's

Last edited:
Van is a clown. Not only were his comments extremely inappropriate but Barson and Brother Steven Harvey are already doing the awesome work supporting PRESIDENT DONALD DA DON J TRUMP. I've already had to check dudes on NT trying to weasel their way into a position that Barson earned. Barson might knife them if they get too reckless.

Sessions called the report "false" in a statement last night, saying he "never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign."

All my lawyers / folks deal heavily in contracts know that semantics matter, and this may be how he gets from under it.

I think he's going to make it past all of this, but I hope he doesn't.

Last edited:
Sessions called the report "false" in a statement last night, saying he "never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign."

All my lawyers / folks deal heavily in contracts know that semantics matter, and this may be how he gets from under it.

I think he's going to make it past all of this, but I hope he doesn't.

I don't know about that.

Why did he feel the need to lie during the hearing if he had a legitimate reason to talk to Russian officials? He said he had "no communications" with them when the question asked had nothing to do with him. What is he hiding?

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/321919-democrats-vow-that-gop-will-take-more-trump-votes

These dudes are laying a political minefield.

Congressional Democrats have been forcing Republicans to cast tough votes on President Trump — and they’re just getting started.

In recent days, Democrats have triggered votes related to Trump’s tax returns, business relationships and ties to Russia in an effort to cast Republicans as complicit in the secrecy surrounding Trump’s finances.

None of the votes succeeded, but Democrats remain undeterred as they seek to fire up their liberal base ahead of next year’s midterm elections.

Y'all scene Van Jones' comments on Trump's speech. This jackass said Trump using a dead solider's mom (a solider is reckless sent to his death) as a political prop is one of the most extraordinary he has seen in politics, famb was sounding like he wanted to cry.

Van was on that sherm last night. Couldn't believe what I was hearing from buddy, talmbout if Trump keeps it up he'll be there for 8 years. Man what?! Reading someone else's speech off a teleprompter is all it takes to be president for 8 years? FOH!!!

Van tryna slide in on Ben Barson's position some how some way :lol:

Back
Top Bottom