***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This deportation stuff is turning out to be worse than the travel ban: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/us/california-father-ice-arrest-trnd/

ICE arrests undocumented father taking daughter to California school

A 13-year-old girl on her way to school wailed as immigration agents took her handcuffed father away in a black car.

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents pulled Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez's vehicle over Tuesday about a half mile from a school where the undocumented immigrant from Mexico had just dropped off one of his daughters.

The dad, 48, was driving daughter Fatima Avelica to another school in the northeast Los Angeles neighborhood of Highland Park when ICE stopped them. Left behind in the car with her mother, Fatima wept inconsolably as she captured video of her father's detention. Rosary beads hung from the rearview mirror. A palm-frond cross rested on the dashboard.

Ricardo Mireles, executive director of the charter school Academia Avance, told CNN affiliate KABC-TV in Los Angeles that Avelica's DUI conviction occurred nearly a decade ago and another run-in with the law came 20 years ago after Avelica said he unknowingly purchased a car with an incorrect registration sticker.

This is despicable. We live in a civilized society, or at least we thought we did.

There's no excuse for a DUI, but a decades-old DUI as grounds to destroy an American family? This is not what trump told us. He kept claiming he would only target the "bad hombres." Of course we all knew it was a lie. But at this moment in history we cannot let it stand. This will go down as another black mark in American history.

This deportation stuff is turning out to be worse than the travel ban: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/us/california-father-ice-arrest-trnd/

ICE arrests undocumented father taking daughter to California school

A 13-year-old girl on her way to school wailed as immigration agents took her handcuffed father away in a black car.

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents pulled Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez's vehicle over Tuesday about a half mile from a school where the undocumented immigrant from Mexico had just dropped off one of his daughters.

The dad, 48, was driving daughter Fatima Avelica to another school in the northeast Los Angeles neighborhood of Highland Park when ICE stopped them. Left behind in the car with her mother, Fatima wept inconsolably as she captured video of her father's detention. Rosary beads hung from the rearview mirror. A palm-frond cross rested on the dashboard.

Ricardo Mireles, executive director of the charter school Academia Avance, told CNN affiliate KABC-TV in Los Angeles that Avelica's DUI conviction occurred nearly a decade ago and another run-in with the law came 20 years ago after Avelica said he unknowingly purchased a car with an incorrect registration sticker.

This is despicable. We live in a civilized society, or at least we thought we did.

There's no excuse for a DUI, but a decades-old DUI as grounds to destroy an American family? This is not what trump told us. He kept claiming he would only target the "bad hombres." Of course we all knew it was a lie. But at this moment in history we cannot let it stand. This will go down as another black mark in American history.

As always, go after the defenseless easy targets first.

If you ain't reading at least 18 hours a day, you ain't doing it right b.
I'm hustlin backwards. I need to stop living my life and get on that Tucker Carlson and chill wave
mean.gif

Used to read a lot but with work it's hard. If I had my choice then the economist, NYT, Reuters.com, and Bloomberg as most of my primary sources with the WSJ here and there
Yeah, I read the Economist, NYT, WSJ, AP, and NPR everyday. And I read the Atlantic as my monthly. If I watch tv news, it's usually PBS newshour. I don't really go outside of these sources anymore with the exception of the Intercept.

Last edited:
I just watched W on kimmel, and he did come off likeable and funny. I never thought i would be able to look at him in a positive light at all, never.

You guys read mostly digital content? What kind of paper mags/papers are you reading?

I only get print versions of the economist and a local paper, looking to add one or two more though.

You guys read mostly digital content? What kind of paper mags/papers are you reading?

I only get print versions of the economist and a local paper, looking to add one or two more though.

I get nytimes delivered on the weekend. I like reading the magazine in physical form since those articles are long. Plus this still costs me less than just strictly a digital subscription. The economist I get deliveried but I get complimentary digital access because I use my old student email through a particular website. The other stuff I either have a friend share an account with me or I read online for free. Reuters and Bloomberg I like the most because they are the most centrist nytimes I just have to support because they've done phenomenal journalism. Plus, it's what got me into following the new religiously back in HS and undergrad.

Last edited:

Why Weazel News is going even harder for The Bigot[emoji]8482[/emoji] than they did for Dubya. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Decades old DUI. Father dropping his kid off at school. Yea, that's a bad hombre, b. That's one bad effing hombre. I already feel safer without him in this country. Thank you Trump.

Last edited:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/politics/trump-vehicle-emissions-regulation.html?_r=0

Broke boys everywhere rejoice, your Bigot King has put affordable whips within your reach.

-And the cherry on top to point out the blatant hypocrisy of the GOP:

The E.P.A. will also begin legal proceedings to revoke a waiver for California that was allowing the state to enforce the tougher tailpipe standards for its drivers.

"Da party of states rights"
man **** the GOP

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/politics/trump-vehicle-emissions-regulation.html?_r=0

Broke boys everywhere rejoice, your Bigot King has put affordable whips within your reach.

The E.P.A. will also begin legal proceedings to revoke a waiver for California that was allowing the state to enforce the tougher tailpipe standards for its drivers.

man **** the GOP

I know for a fact that you were the one in here who kept saying 'I live in Califnoria. I ain't worried about Trump.' :lol:

man **** the GOP

I know for a fact that you were the one in here who kept saying 'I live in Califnoria. I ain't worried about Trump.' :lol:
giphy.gif

:lol:

:frown:

Got ny1 on getting ready for work and see president petty calling out chuck schumer for taking a pic with Putin like no **** b. When world leaders come to ny which is all of them the mayor, governor, senators and some reps meet them and have to entertain them.

I know I do. I just don't have the time to sit home and comb through the paper like that, so  digital subscriptions come in handy for me. I've got digital subscriptions to the NYT and WSJ. But I do read the print versions of the Economist, The Atlantic, and Foreign Affairs (comes once in a blue moon). Honestly, the economist paper is so thick, you could spend the entire week just reading one issue. But I can't complain because it's well written.

If you're looking to add another print, you really can't go wrong with the Atlantic. They've got a good eye for compelling stories and it's only like $20 for the entire year. Another good one is Current Affairs, but they're a little on the pricey side at $60 for the year. You could probably get it for less if you search for a discount.

Last edited:
Little donnie small hands is having an "Obama did it!" meltdown on twitter this AM :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
USA today/Tegna has a lot of media avenues, likely almost everyone reads/watches something from them.
Really? Like what? I made that comment half jokingly because I assumed someone like Hillary would be reading the NYT or the WSJ.

@davidfrum:
The president is reminding us that the FISA court approved warrants against his campaign on espionage suspicions.

Given the president’s severe accusations this AM, aren’t all Americans entitled to see the evidence on which the FISA court acted?

Trump is obviously demanding a subpoena-armed independent inquiry. We’re still supposed to take him seriously (if not literally) -right?

The other possibility is that Trump is flipping into an outright personality breakdown in full public view.
I say the latter is closer to the truth :lol:

Last edited:
Wow @ those tweets. Even If you supported him and can't see how sad, petty and pathetic our president looks complaining on twitter then you're as delusional as he is.

Back
Top Bottom