***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You guys do realize Dr. Ben Carson MD is one of the most influential pediatric neurosurgeons of our time.  B.A. from Yale, M.D. from University of Michigan, Neurosurgery residency (7 years) at Johns Hopkins (chief resident in year 7) and then was director of pediatric neurosurgery department at Johns Hopkins for nearly 30 years.  Show a little respect.
Yessir! Finally someone speaks the truth.

Ben Carson 2020 deserves not just our respect but our admiration and undying commitment. Sometimes you have to listen carefully to the words he is saying. It's like Walt Whitman meets Sigmund Freud, except he would've stabbed Walt Whitman for being gay. Here are some of those beautiful words: "I had what I only can label a pathological temper — a disease — and this sickness controlled me, making me totally irrational."

Swoon!

And yes I do realize that Dr./President Benjamin Carson MD 2020 is one of the most influential pediatric neurosurgeons AND developers of urban housing of not just our time but of all time. So how about YOU show a little respect as well.

But pray tell why did he settle for a BA from Yale rather than go for the more prestigious BS?

And pray tell why did he leave Hopkins at such a young age?
I'm not justifying his comments, I'm responding to the pseudo-intellectuals in this thread who's hypocritical voices on an internet message board pale in comparison to the accomplishments of a great man.  As a physician myself, I understand what this man has done for our medical community and for the thousands of children he has saved and impacted with his incredible medical knowledge and skill.   

And actually Dr. Carson retired from neurosurgery at age 61, hardly a young age for a surgeon, particularly in this subspecialty of neurosurgery.  If you have ever scrubbed on a case in neurosurgery you would understand the precision and skill that this field demands.  The fact that you had to ask this question tells me you have have never stepped foot in an OR as a clinician. 

No disrespect whywesteppin, but 8 thousand plus posts on a sneaker message board hardly gives you any credentials to discredit a man with JUST a B.A. from Yale, M.D. from UofM, and neurosurgery residency from the top residency training program in the country.  Most of you clowns in here should step away from your monitors for a day and actually do something to affect change in people's lives, instead of spending every waking second re-tweeting quotes like a bunch of teenage gossip queens.

I'm not justifying his comments, I'm responding to the pseudo-intellectuals in this thread who's hypocritical voices on an internet message board pale in comparison to the accomplishments of a great man.  As a physician myself, I understand what this man has done for our medical community and for the thousands of children he has saved and impacted with his incredible medical knowledge and skill.   

And actually Dr. Carson retired from neurosurgery at age 61, hardly a young age for a surgeon, particularly in this subspecialty of neurosurgery.  If you have ever scrubbed on a case in neurosurgery you would understand the precision and skill that this field demands.  The fact that you had to ask this question tells me you have have never stepped foot in an OR as a clinician. 

No disrespect whywesteppin, but 8 thousand plus posts on a sneaker message board hardly gives you any credentials to discredit a man with JUST a B.A. from Yale, M.D. from UofM, and neurosurgery residency from the top residency training program in the country.  Most of you clowns in here should step away from your monitors for a day and actually do something to affect change in people's lives, instead of spending every waking second re-tweeting quotes like a bunch of teenage gossip queens.
is anyone questioning him as a surgeon and/or accomplishments as surgeon?

nope

I didn't eem know he was a neurosurgeon

You learn something new everyday..
How did you just learn this? That's like the only thing worth knowing about him 
laugh.gif

i was referencing the fact that the BA is easier to get, although i don't know if Yale offered both a BS and BA in psychology back in the 70s (they do now).

and he was forced out because of his controversial comments about homosexuality, not because he was ready to retire.

but you're a physician, presumably trained at good places, so I'm sure you're familiar with all this. I'm curious to hear what accomplished neurosurgeons you've scrubbed in with yourself.

and this is the politics thread, not the medicine thread, hence why we're critical of him as a politician. I'm not sure anyone has questioned his technical skills in here.

How did you just learn this? That's like the only thing worth knowing about him 
laugh.gif
lmao i thought he was being sarcastic
and this is the politics thread, not the medicine thread, hence why we're critical of him as a politician. I'm not sure anyone has questioned his technical skills in here.
no one did. this guy is just in his feelings because he looks up to ben uncle tom carson as a surgeon....

but idgaf about ben tom carson the surgeon...all i know he's a ******* idiot outside the OR. 

Last edited:
To be serious, what does Ben Carson'a past credentials as a neurosurgeon have to do with his current post at HUD and being a politician now?

I didn't eem know he was a neurosurgeon

You learn something new everyday..

How did you just learn this? That's like the only thing worth knowing about him :lol:

I know next to nothing about him. I knew of him literally three things. One, he's black. Two, you guys hate him. Three, he's a politician. And now number four, he's a neurosurgeon. Lol

**** Ben Carson and **** you too. I used to idolize the man when I first learned of him and his accomplishments as a child, but his words and actions have greatly diminished that in my mind.

This just reads as another white privilege cretin condescending to others on what they should know and respect. Have a seat.

You guys do realize Dr. Ben Carson MD is one of the most influential pediatric neurosurgeons of our time.  B.A. from Yale, M.D. from University of Michigan, Neurosurgery residency (7 years) at Johns Hopkins (chief resident in year 7) and then was director of pediatric neurosurgery department at Johns Hopkins for nearly 30 years.  Show a little respect.

Ben Carson 2020 deserves not just our respect but our admiration and undying commitment. Sometimes you have to listen carefully to the words he is saying. It's like Walt Whitman meets Sigmund Freud, except he would've stabbed Walt Whitman for being gay. Here are some of those beautiful words: "I had what I only can label a pathological temper — a disease — and this sickness controlled me, making me totally irrational."

Swoon!

And yes I do realize that Dr./President Benjamin Carson MD 2020 is one of the most influential pediatric neurosurgeons AND developers of urban housing of not just our time but of all time. So how about YOU show a little respect as well.

But pray tell why did he settle for a BA from Yale rather than go for the more prestigious BS?

Another proof that being a doc doesn't guarantee the ability to critically think...

Swoon!

Being a physician, no matter how great, doesn't instantly give that person a pass to make asinine comments.

That goes for Ben Carson and that goes for you .

The only person sounding like a pseudo intellectual in this discussion is you.

Btw, if you don't like the comment you read in this thread or on this sneaker board, you have the option to leave.

**** Ben Carson and **** you too. I used to idolize the man when I first learned of him and his accomplishments as a child, but his words and actions have greatly diminished that in my mind.

This just reads as another white privilege cretin condescending to others on what they should know and respect. Have a seat.

A ton of us in here have said in the past Ben Carson used to be one of our heroes, but we lost respect for him.

I probably know dozens of other young black men that feel the same way.

Hell when I was graduating HS the joke was white kids get "All the Places You Will Go", black kids get "Gifted Hands"

Ever since Obama got elected dude has been cornballin for right wing reactionaries looking for a black mouth to slander Obama.

Now he has turned into a full time agent for white supremacy. One that will probably ruin the lives of many of his own people.

Nah, **** this man. As a politician he deserves no respect whatsoever. As a human being he gets the required minimum. Being a great surgeon is not currency he can trade on to say disgusting ****.

Last edited:
Ever since Obama got elected dude has been cornballin for right wing reactionaries looking for a black mouth to slander Obama.

I feel like there is more than an insignificant number among the black intelligentsia that feels some type of way about Barack. Dude sneaked in and stole their thunder and their ability to be the voice of Black America in whatever area they excelled. Some have had the good sense to keep their hate bottled up while others like Ben Barson couldn't help it and let all the venom out.

I feel like there is more than an insignificant number among the black intelligentsia that feels some type of way about Barack. Dude sneaked in and stole their thunder and their ability to be the voice of Black America in whatever area they excelled. Some have had the good sense to keep their hate bottled up while others like Ben Barson couldn't help it and let all the venom out.

-Another example is Cornell West. Ever since he didn't get a Cabinet position he has had it out for Bams. Even other people have noticed this.

-When you think of it, Obama ****** up a lot of black intellectuals money and hustle. Many of them were political gatekeeper the black community, Obama pretty much killed that business.

-Another factions entire shtick is the "Obama did nothing for black people" hustle. These are your Tariq Nasheeds, Umar Johnsons, and Farrahkans of the world. They found and niche, they are hammering away at it, and they rely on the political ignorance of their audience. Even though I agree with some points people like these make, some of the stuff make me cringe. Especially Umar Johnson.

-Then again, it might be something more petty. That Obama is not the pinnacle of black excellence and a few dudes salty.

Last edited:
Ben Carson reminds me of my gynecologist Uncle-Tom Uncle who is a Trump supporter. He stays saying outrageous stuff on FB and in person, and I've lost so much respect for him because of his *******. I used to look up to him as a child but his conning has diminished him in my eyes. Son got remarried to a White and has become a White supremacy sympathizer. Some of these ***** get a litttle money and will do anything to trash and Clown on Blacks and get closer to Whiteness. F raccoons like my Uncle and Ben Carson, they're Toxic.

"just wait till we get back to the room
diddydatazz2.png
"

How can you not like Obeezy?

Michelle been hiding that mass for the last 8 years... Them black tights though...

I know that mass is there... Just off the strength of her daughter + that one white house photo (y'all know what I'm talking about)

Seriously though... You gotta be a cold *** woman to snag a golden boy like Obama....

Barack is impressive, but I'm willing to bet Michelle is an all-tiner

Back
Top Bottom