***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Calling their bluff could possibly backfire. You have to tread lightly n think of every possible scenario when you do something like that. On one hand, people may become less fearful, on the other hand it may embolden ISIS to do something heinous. Its not an easy decision, then again, i may be giving politicians way too much credit. But im sure its something military n security leaders may think about tho.

Last edited:
Calling their bluff could possibly backfire. You have to tread lightly n think of every possible scenario when you do something like that. On one hand, people may become less fearful, on the other hand it may embolden ISIS to do something heinous. Its not an easy decision, then again, i may be giving politicians way too much credit. But im sure its something military n security leaders may think about tho.

Good point about it backfiring. Things like that could go either way.

Why do they still report on his weekend golf trips? He takes one every weekend. Death, taxes, Trump playing golf on the weekend

No, I think he just means that he doesn't want to resort to having to become a refugee, but he has no choice because of the war in his country. It's not like he just randomly decided to leave his homeland to try to come to the US.

Last edited:
So he doesnt want to be a refugee but he wants a war on HIS land........

No one has the answers sway.
No he doesn't want war he wants peace but his government is out of control and Russia backing them nobody wanted to stand up for them I'm glad trump did. I was not a trump supporter I voted democrat but I did not like Clinton either. Trump is looking more like Reagan and I do like that. Air traffic control wanna strike ok well that ain't in the books your all fired lol. Pun intended lol. We were at a time where you couldn't just replace air traffic control and he did it anyway to prove a point you ain't getting away with it. Took until the Clinton administration to allow them to work in the field again. Gaddafi wants to wreak terror on the world set bombs in planes. Ok. He bombed his compound and he turned recluse and vanished for a few years. I think trump will be very similar in that sense and not allow bullying. Russia tried to bully us out the attack now they want a meeting with the un lmao Russia your supporting Syria who is violating UN resolutions and we responded. Clowns got called on there bluff I'm glad the United States stands up for countries being attacked by pigs and chemical warfare...

thank you. that was the most brilliant paragraph in this thread to date. the libbies may not like it but you drop the truth like tomahawk bombs in Syria.

Reagan was a horrible president.

He was a racist and **** on social issues, he economic policy was ineffective but because they economy improve for other factors people to this day think supply side is s smart way to do, and most modern presidents are **** at foreign policy, Reagan was one standard deviation worst

In many ways, Trump is a repudiation of Reagan, except the white supremacy. That is where they are the most the same, they latch onto a fringe sector of the right and rode a wave of white nationalism and anxiety into the White House.

-------------------------

As far as being proud of Trump for standing up to Assad. I am not

Assad is scum of the earth, a special breed of disgusting and I wish world leaders would just agree to get him out the paint. Let Putin install another puppet, just let him be less of a scumbag

But I'm not gonna cheer on America's war machine. Especially since it looks more like political theater than anything else.

Trump wants me to believe there is no money to help feed senior and the disabled, but there is money to drop bombs that accomplished little to nothing

And Trump wants me to bevel he is standing up for innocent Syrians caught that are being terrorized, but he won't let them into America for safety.

Ummmm, sorry, no. I can see the hypocrisy in these actions and I am not falling for the finesse move

Last edited:
But I'm not gonna cheer on America's war machine. Especially since it looks more like political theater than anything else.

It's scary to think what Trump may want to do now that the strikes have received positive responses from both sides of the aisle

We know that he's a childish fool who is thirsty for validation so it doesn't seem like a major stretch to think that he'll start to associate that validation with more military flexing

Last edited:
It's scary to think what Trump may want to do now that the strikes have received positive responses from both sides of the aisle

We know that he's a childish fool who is thirsty for validation so it doesn't seem like a major stretch to think that he'll start to associate that validation with more military flexing
So happy to be an independent both parties are war mongers

He's gotten majority positive support?

All I really see people giving him props is mainstream media, neocons, and trump stans

Assad is scum of the earth, a special breed of disgusting and I wish world leaders would just agree to get him out the paint. Let Putin install another puppet, just let him be less of a scumbag

Trump wants me to believe there is no money to help feed senior and the disabled, but there is money to drop bombs that accomplished little to nothing

And Trump wants me to bevel he is standing up for innocent Syrians caught that are being terrorized, but he won't let them into America for safety.

Ummmm, sorry, no. I can see the hypocrisy in these actions and I am not falling for the finesse move

i don't know that these are necessarily contradictory, you might not invite one to live in your own house but still be willing to defend that person out on the street on gp...i do think the contradiction comes more from the position he held in his campaign...then again his whole campaign was a contradiction; and if there is anything about his presidency that could be squintingly, somewhat, kinda, maybe resemble a silver lining, it is that he doesn't seem to have any firmly held political beliefs/positions (beyond [business?] taxation)...

as for assad, no question that regime was wild in its treatment of its people...being a dictator in these modern times given the capability of technology and the reach global interests, has to be a study in paranoia...the history in that part of the world with all the sectarianism/tribalism combined with the colonial influence that basically had little understanding of that part of the world makes for a whole lot of bad options

i don't know that these are necessarily contradictory, you might not invite one to live in your own house but still be willing to defend that person out on the street on gp...i do think the contradiction comes more from the position he held in his campaign...then again his whole campaign was a contradiction; and if there is anything about his presidency that could be squintingly, somewhat, kinda, maybe resemble a silver lining, it is that he doesn't seem to have any firmly held political beliefs/positions (beyond [business?] taxation)...

as for assad, no question that regime was wild in its treatment of its people...being a dictator in these modern times given the capability of technology and the reach global interests, has to be a study in paranoia...the history in that part of the world with all the sectarianism/tribalism combined with the colonial influence that basically had little understanding of that part of the world makes for a whole lot of bad options

-Just like I think it is a oversimplification when people compare managing a household budget to the US Economy, I think it is a oversimplification to use the "you may not want him in your house" steez. We take in refugees already, the country was built partly on them, we have made promises to take them in, and we were already involved in Syria. America is like a homeowner just wanting to protect his property. It is not that simple

First Trump vilified refugees and fear mongered to the America people that terrorism would be coming in. He did that both as a candidate and President. Over simplifying that glosses over how vile and heartless Trump was to these people. And he complained that he didn't want criticism for his comments and actions against refugees, if that is the case, he should expect praise when he finally so calls "help them".

And he helped them by doing what? Destroying some planes? That is the great humanitarian stand he took

-Lastly, let us stop hoping Trump stumbles his way into a good policy. He ran and is governing like a far right Republican. Everyone that was really knowledgeable and paid attention could see it. His social policy is right wing, he is filling the judiciary with right ringers, he pro big business to the point he is ripping away regulations that protect the America people.

There is no silver lining because we are dealing with a right wing reactionary. Plain and simple. Everyone needs to stop thinking Trump will pleasantly surprise them.

His most left wing policy is supposedly his infrastructure plan, and even that seems like just giveaways to big business. America might finally get a jobs bill, and it probably gonna be ******.

Last edited:
thank you. that was the most brilliant paragraph in this thread to date. the libbies may not like it but you drop the truth like tomahawk bombs in Syria.

Excellent post as usual. Da Libbies love to be in Da EchoStar Chamber of Doom B. Freethinkers like this guy are what we need B. USA,USA UUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAA.

He was a racist and **** on social issues, he economic policy was ineffective but because they economy improve for other factors people to this day think supply side is s smart way to do, and most modern presidents are **** at foreign policy, Reagan was one standard deviation worst

In many ways, Trump is a repudiation of Reagan, except the white supremacy. That is where they are the most the same, they latch onto a fringe sector of the right and rode a wave of white nationalism and anxiety into the White House.

His approval rating says otherwise... they don't want in what part you don't get??? You wanna leave your country?? They don't, they want the country safe and free from bombings. And lose me at the white supremacy clown.

His approval rating says otherwise... they don't want in what part you don't get??? You wanna leave your country?? They don't, they want the country safe and free from bombings. And lose me at the white supremacy clown.

So that is the only the we are gonna judge presidents on approval ratings? We are no gonna look how the policies he pushed affected the economy and people's lives.

And I know refugee don't want to leave their country, that doesn't absolve America from turning people away that put their safety over staying in their home. Trump did zero to keep the people in Syria safe

And you as a damb clown if the me talking about white supremacy strikes a nerve. I don't give a **** if you can't handle the truth. Go read some social science research and go read up on Regan's racism and dog whistling.

This was one of Reagan's his damb campaign adviser BTW....

And Steve Bannon an known white supremacist is in the white house right now.

Last edited:

-Just like I think it is a oversimplification when people compare managing a household budget to the US Economy, I think it is a oversimplification to use the "you may not want him in your house" steez. We take in refugees already, the country was built partly on them, we have made promises to take them in, and we were already involved in Syria. America is like a homeowner just wanting to protect his property. It is not that simple

First Trump vilified refugees and fear mongered to the America people that terrorism would be coming in. He did that both as a candidate and President. Over simplifying that glosses over how vile and heartless Trump was to these people. And he complained that he didn't want criticism for his comments and actions against refugees, if that is the case, he should expect praise when he finally so calls "help them".

And he helped them by doing what? Destroying some planes? That is the great humanitarian stand he took

-Lastly, let us stop hoping Trump stumbles his way into a good policy. He ran and is governing like a far right Republican. Everyone that was really knowledgeable and paid attention could see it. His social policy is right wing, he is filling the judiciary with right ringers, he pro big business to the point he is ripping away regulations that protect the America people.

There is no silver lining because we are dealing with a right wing reactionary. Plain and simple. Everyone needs to stop thinking Trump will pleasantly surprise them.

His most left wing policy is supposedly his infrastructure plan, and even that seems like just giveaways to big business. America might finally get a jobs bill, and it probably gonna be ******.

definitely an (over)simplification...how they play it for media is maybe altogether spun differently, just making the point that it wasn't an entirely inconsistent stance and wouldn't require any mental contortions/gymnastics to rationalize...grasping for hope that there will be/is something good to come out of this administration...irrationally maybe, but a guy gotsta hope...

If Dems put in work in 2018, and take the House (long shot), then Trump might want to deal in hopes of appeasing swing voters

Other than that, i have lil faith in him. It is pure right wing

Last edited:
you might not invite one to live in your own house but still be willing to defend that person out on the street on gp

It really is a poor analogy if you don't include that in the process of defending that person on the street, you destroy his shoes and break his arms.

That's war does: cripple a location by destroying essential civilian and non-civilian infrastructure, and forcing the population to give up their way of life and flee.

Championing war against Assad and regime change policies without addressing the aftermath is not going to end up differently than Vietnam or Iraq or Zaire or any other country that has been invaded by foreign forces.

@thespectatorindex: BREAKING: The Carl Vinson strike group, which includes an aircraft carrier, will make its way from Singapore toward the Korean Peninsula

Sounds like dude just got a taste of war and wants some more :smh:

There are often fleets in that area though. Seems like a non story to me (hopefully).

It's different when the administration straight up says it's a "show of force" towards NK :lol:

Apparently it was originally scheduled to go to Australia too not Korea

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom