***Official Political Discussion Thread***

many American citizens are to blame and are complicit in America's downfall as well as the wack politicians... mainly the Repubs... racism, classism, greed, excess, and not holding our elected officials accountable is going to ultimately destroy this country...

muerto

Wow, and it took two months to come out. I'm sure most others buried. This is life for people in that region, doesn't matter who started what. You bury your entire lineage you understand the where the effects of radicalism comes from. It's a cycle​ I don't see an end to though, you hurt my side, I hurt yours etc etc.

I've seen it first hand man. A sad reality for them poor folks.

Such arrogance.... So smug... The entitlement. Sheesh!!

On the airstrike thing, I am not gonna put it all on Trump

Under Obama tons of civilians were killed in missions, and airstrikes.

The American public needs to face reality that if you demand the government fight terrorist overseas, and demand that tons of ground troops not be used, that strikes like these are the next best option and civilians will be killed.

We as a nation he to have a more honest discussion about stuff like these. I'm sure both Obama and Trump would want no civilians killed in strikes. But we hardly ever get that lucky.

100 is ridiculous though. :{ My heart goes out to those people.

Obama wasn't let off the hook though in regards to drones and air strikes,he received considerable criticism on the left, from myself included, when the morbid details of the drone program and the process behind it first came to light

How do you mess up THAT badly enough to kill over a hundred civilians though? :x

The whole "precision strike" stuff is usually BS,there's "collateral damage" most of the time anyway

Wow, and it took two months to come out. I'm sure most others buried. This is life for people in that region, doesn't matter who started what. You bury your entire lineage you understand the where the effects of radicalism comes from. It's a cycle​ I don't see an end to though, you hurt my side, I hurt yours etc etc.

"but but they hate us cause they hate us! They hate our way of life!!"

Last edited:
Obama wasn't let off the hook though in regards to drones and air strikes,he recieved considerable criticism on the left, from myself included, when the details of the drone program first came out

Obama should not be let off the hook, at the end of the day his actions terrorized people and killed innocents.

My point is that America, especially the left, don't like to consider the grey area. Fighting terrorism overseas has bipartisan support, liberals get scared too, they want to be "kept safe" too, but the left doesn't want to be entered in another large scale ground war. For good reason, I don't want them either.

However, the next options are special forces (which it looks like those guys are burning out) and airstrikes. So in a way everyone, including those on the left, have to realize the part they play is fueling the war machine.

No matter who the president would be, he would probably still be dropping airstrikes and droning like crazy, because it is something the country tacitly demands

But this strike was ridiculous bad. 105 people killed and the target was two snipers :{

Last edited:
Obama wasn't let off the hook though in regards to drones and air strikes,he recieved considerable criticism on the left, from myself included, when the details of the drone program first came out

Obama should not be let off the hook, at the end of the day his actions terrorized people and killed innocents.

My point is that America, especially the left, don't like to consider the grey area. Fighting terrorism overseas has bipartisan support, liberals get scared too, they want to be "kept safe" too, but the left doesn't want to be entered in another large scale ground war. For good reason, I don't want them either.

However, the next options are special forces (which it looks like those guys are burning out) and airstrikes. So in a way everyone, including those on the left, have to realize the part they play is fueling the war machine.

No matter who the president would be, he would probably still be dropping airstrikes and droning like crazy.

But this strike was ridiculous bad. 105 people killed and the target was two snipers :{

Agree 100% that matters of war/military are never clear cut. It's ridiculously tough to avoid unwanted casualties unless folks want to give up that "world police" role. Think it'd be a good convo to have in regards to how much taxpayers want to get bogged down in foreign conflicts constantly or use that money in more productive ways in the name of advancing the country as a whole.

Things have definitely changed a lot since the dubya years and the "war on terror" began,perpetual war in different hot zones around the world seems to have become the norm. The merits of it all and what it has accomplished are even still up for debate after all this time. Not sure if there's been any real "winner" outside of the profit margins for defense contractors and the cynic in me kinda feels like that's been by design given how vague the goals of the whole mission has been from the jump

I read some drone horror stories before over the last few years,like mistakenly targeting weddings/"double taps" etc, but this one from March has the highest body count I've seen by far :x,that's a disaster all around and I'm sure that it won't stoke the flames of extremism one bit...:{

Last edited:
Good news on both these fresh tiny hands L's :smokin

That's gotta be the 4th or 5th candidate for the job that's bailed :lol,no one wants to inherit that mess under the manbaby

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] LIBBIES crying about being body slammed B instead of speaking OUT against Da OUTRAGEOUS and UNFAIR treatment of Da Don on NT by Da Kale Gang B. I've NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE. :{

Back
Top Bottom