***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Reporting on current events counts as propaganda now? Gonna need to inform the good folks at Merriam Webster of the change...

How about you look it up real quick. I'm 1-0 in this thread on definitions. Are you really defending unsubstantiated rumors as "current events"

Reporting on current events counts as propaganda now? Gonna need to inform the good folks at Merriam Webster of the change...

Exactly, the reach there is hilarious. This could be the biggest political scandal in my lifetime, but reporting on it is "propaganda"

Lmao the irony is that someone asked me if I knew what propaganda was a few pages back. Now, it's pages of links and magazine covers of just that. What's worse is someone posted an unsubstantiated 100% rumor, and said it's probably true. Listen to Big Brother y'all lol.

Just curious. Do you think DJT jr. did anything wrong given the information available?

What I thought would happen exactly happen.

Trumpetes are saying "whats wrong with working with Russia, there a thriving country"

Step 1: "There was no collusion with Russia. You have 0 evidence".
Step 2: "You only have evidence for attempted collusion, not actual collusion."
Step 3: "So what if there was collusion? It's not like it's illegal to gather information on a political opponent."
Step 4: "Okay, it's illegal to collude with a foreign power in an attempt to win an election, but it was all set up by the Democrats from the start."

Pretty much and folks are eating it up regardless of the inconsistency :lol:

Last edited:
Step 3: "So what if there was collusion? It's not like it's illegal to gather information on a political opponent."
Step 4: "Okay, it's illegal to collude with a foreign power in an attempt to win an election, but it was all set up by the Democrats from the start."

Actually, its still "There was no collusion with Russia" and there is still no evidence of collusion with Russia. The emails of to get opposition research against Hillary (an activity so normal, it's literally a part of every campaign) does not amount to collusion, or attempted collusion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ale-suspect/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.29c33d0e07fd

Just curious. Do you think DJT jr. did anything wrong given the information available?

Wrong? No. Amateurish, yes. He should have a ton of subordinates to properly vet leads like that. To email that nonsense is amateur night politics. When I say not wrong, I'm saying not illegal.

Exactly, the reach there is hilarious. This could be the biggest political scandal in my lifetime, but reporting on it is "propaganda"

Just curious. Are you under the impression that the articles/news outlets that are being posted are reporting in an unbiased way?

What I thought would happen exactly happen.

Trumpetes are saying "whats wrong with working with Russia, there a thriving country"

The goalposts be moving.

Wrong? No. Amateurish, yes. He should have a ton of subordinates to properly vet leads like that. To email that nonsense is amateur night politics. When I say not wrong, I'm saying not illegal.

Hilarious, you do know one of the guys that was at the meeting works for this administration now, has failed to disclose a few meetings already on security clearance documents, and has out right lied about any meetings or knowledge of Russia. This is bigger than Trump Jr amateur hour.

smh at you... people like you are the problem... and the reason why we have this idiot as the Pres... please stop...

Hilarious, you do know one of the guys that was at the meeting works for this administration now, has failed to disclose a few meetings already on security clearance documents, and has out right lied about any meetings or knowledge of Russia. This is bigger than Trump Jr amateur hour.

Yea, I know. And perhaps you don't have many meetings, but if you think you can recall every meeting you've had in the past year, then you are better than I am. It is normal to amend those documents. They are meant to be filled out to the best of your knowledge in good faith. Amending them when you recall another meeting is no big deal.

Just curious. Are you under the impression that the articles/news outlets that are being posted are reporting in an unbiased way?

Sure, especially when you have the person they are reporting on has constantly called them the enemy of the people, you're not going to win them over with that attitude. Everything that is happening to this administration is because they brought it upon themselves. Even the wall Street journal isn't buying this BS. They are far from a liberal publication.

Last edited by a moderator:

smh at you... people like you are the problem... and the reason why we have this idiot as the Pres... please stop...

What is the problem, exactly? Is there some policy you disagree with? Is there something this president is doing to harm you or your family. What is the "problem."

The zero evidence thing is rich considering there is an ongoing investigation. Any and all evidence that has been collected is being considered privately. The only way any of that ‘evidence’ if it does indeed exist gets out is for it to be leaked, and there’s a built in talking point for that.

And this is not in reference only to dwalk31 dwalk31 , it’s more a comment on the overall level of discourse we’ve reached. We all know there’s an active investigation. We all know evidence during an open investigation will be held under lock and key. Yet Trump defenders still lean on it when everyone who has a minute understanding of how investigations work understands that it’s complete malarkey.

We’re in the post-logic era.

Last edited:
The zero evidence thing is rich considering there is an ongoing investigation. Any and all evidence that has been collected is being considered privately. The only way any of that ‘evidence’ if it does indeed exist gets out is for it to be leaked, and there’s a built in talking point for that.

And this is not in reference only to dwalk31 dwalk31 , it’s more a comment on the overall level of discourse we’ve reached. We all know there’s an active investigation. We all know evidence during an open investigation will be held under lock and key. Yet Trump defenders still lean on it when everyone who has a minute understanding of how investigations work understands that it’s complete malarkey.

And people against trump will say that there IS evidence of collusion. Like you are saying there is no such evidence yet. At least not publicly. Folks on here drawing conclusions about collusion because CNN told them to. And its remarkable that anyone would feel that the news (on either side) is posting in an unbiased way. Outside of CSPAN its reality TV in terms of politics

What is the problem, exactly? Is there some policy you disagree with? Is there something this president is doing to harm you or your family. What is the "problem."
He’s working as hard as he can to remove the health coverage that my mother has which has helped her out of a hole she had been in her whole life. So all that therapy that changed her whole disposition would be gone. Not to mention her treatment for bipolar. My mother is almost 60. Is that enough of a ‘problem’ for you?

Last edited:
He’s working as hard as he can to remove the health coverage that my mother has which has helped her out of a hole she had been in her whole life. So all that therapy that changed her whole disposition would be gone. My mother is almost 60. Is that enough of a ‘problem’ for you?

I can respect that. The issue is who should pay for it.

Wait, so if there was nothing illegal about it, why should he bother having a subordinate take care of it to distance himself from the situation?

And people against trump will say that there IS evidence of collusion. Like you are saying there is no such evidence yet. At least not publicly. Folks on here drawing conclusions about collusion because CNN told them to. And its remarkable that anyone would feel that the news (on either side) is posting in an unbiased way. Outside of CSPAN its reality TV in terms of politics
What conclusions were drawn? At this point, no conclusion can be drawn, but let’s not act like the activity of this administration doesn’t point directly toward collusion.

Donald Trump Jr. (he even has the same name) tweeted a FULL EMAIL CHAIN detailing an attempt from the Russian government to collude and a WILLINGNESS of Trump Jr. to cooperate. Whether it’s idiocy or intentional, it is not okay.

I don’t think we need to wait for an investigation to end to determine that Donald Trump Jr, acting as a representative of the campaign was willing to set up and attend a meeting (including Manafort and Kushner) to get dirt on Hillary ‘AS PART OF THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT’S SUPPORT FOR MR. TRUMP.’

He read that, and it didn’t raise a flag?

Come on bruh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom